Barcelo Maya

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#191 heather007

heather007
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:50 PM

Ladies,

There is a language barrier. If you look very carefully at your emails that you have recieved from Claudia, you will see that improper grammar and sentence structure is not being used. With that being said, I have found that by only asking one or two questions at a time, works best.

Here are some pictures that I have gotten from Claudia.

Centerpieces:
    Click the image to open in full size.
    fruit centerpiece

flower

Table set-up:

We are having our reception outside, with the round tables. We are bringing our own chair sashes in turquoise and using the white table linens. My fiance likes those the best.

Sorry about the size.

~~

#192 heather007

heather007
    • 620 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:52 PM

Here is some pictures of their arches and their yappals? I forget the other name, it's the one that costs $500.00.

We are going with the yappal, but no arch. :)

~~

#193 thomasta2000

thomasta2000
      • 23 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:19 AM

Hi Ladies,

I'm trying to estimate how many pieces of luggage I'll have to bring with me. So, were you able to pack the decorations, centerpieces, etc. in one bag?

Thanks!

#194 dreamstbride

dreamstbride
        • 161 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:14 PM

Thats what FH and I are doing...

We have our one piece of luggage, and then in a smaller suit case we have packed all wedding gear.

As far as I know there is a luggage restriction. So the third bag will be charged extra. But I think its only $20 (dont quote me on this...)

We're bringing, our wedding favors, and decor, ect, in that luggage, and it all fits perfect. :)

#195 heather007

heather007
          • 620 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:34 PM

We are also going to be bringing down extra luggage with us. Plus, some of our guests [my two sisters and their husbands= 4 people for sure] are only going for one week, meaning that they will only fill up one suitcase each. However, they will be bringing two each, allowing us to fill them up with our wedding extras. Plus, I will probably need another suitcase or two.

~~

#196 Maegan606

Maegan606
            • 115 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:06 PM

Hey guys, im still assuming that this is the "go to " website for the barcelo weddings. was just wondering if anyone was having a hard time getting in touch with the wc's? im trying to get intouch with them to book my date, and it's been about 2 weeks now. thanks
              ~Maegan

#197 Shannond4156

Shannond4156
              • 169 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:12 PM

Hi Maegan, It took me forever to hear back from them on a date. I would also suggest asking for availability around a date you are looking for. Once I heard back that my date was not available I had to start all over again . . . boo!

Once I got assigned to an actual wedding coordinator the communication has been better. Claudia normally gets back to me in about 2 or 3 days.

Good luck!

#198 Maegan606

Maegan606
                • 115 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:53 AM

Thank you--another question: Can anyone thoroughly explain the difference between under the stars and ocean scents? Is the only difference really the VIP status? What does that mean anyway? Thanks in advance!
                  ~Maegan

#199 sunshinekc08

sunshinekc08
                  • 92 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:54 AM

Sea Breeze Package: Private dinner choosen off a set menu from one of the a la carte restaruants, dinner can only be held in a banquet room for parties over 11 people, if under 11 they do it in the restaurant you choose the same menu from. (note there is a $20pp charge for any guests over 20)

Under the Stars: Private dinner with the menu choosen from 4 differnt options (this is different food than served at the restaurnts, specially made for weddings) You can order a taste test, but they charge you to do that You can mix and match from the 4 different menu options (meaning a app from choice 1, dessert from choice 3, etc), but you have to choose only one 4 course meal for your guest unless there is a vegitarian or soemthing. ie. if you choose beef for you main course, everyone gets beef, unless the are a vegitarian, you can't let the guests pick from either chicken or beef, you choose for them. (note there is a $60pp charge for any guests over 10)

Ocean Scents: Same dinner as the Under the Stars, but you and your FI get VIP Status (Top Shelf booze, unlimited a la carte restaruants, special section at the Jaquar's Discoteque) This doesn't matter much if you are staying at the Palace, though.

Alcohol is based on where your guests are staying (ie. If they have a Colonial/Tropical wristband on, they will not get top shelf drinks at your wedding) but some one could just order it for them :)

#200 Maegan606

Maegan606
                    • 115 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:27 PM

Thanks so much for your help =) i appreciate it!
                      Has anyone had their reception on the beach, along with a dj and dance floor? If so, how was it? That is what I am leaning towards as of right now.
                      ~Maegan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users