Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Maya


  • Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#111 heather007

heather007
  • Member
  • 620 posts

    Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:07 AM

    You must be getting so excited, I'm still 9 months away, and I'm bursting!!!!

    Oh, and I read your post about your BM dresses, I really liked them. I'm going to order a few pairs for Mexico.

    ~~

    #112 Leticia

    Leticia
    • Jr. Member
    • 259 posts

      Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:28 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by heatherjones
      You must be getting so excited, I'm still 9 months away, and I'm bursting!!!!

      Oh, and I read your post about your BM dresses, I really liked them. I'm going to order a few pairs for Mexico.

      ~~
      who me? I am freaking out! I have soooo much to do. and I can't find a photographer

      and about those VS BM dresses, did you hear I had to return them all? they HATE them.

      and I am in a wedding bootcamp so I have no time to do anything.
      I just can't wait to get there though!

      #113 heather007

      heather007
      • Member
      • 620 posts

        Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:31 AM

        You can't find a photog? Oh my goodness, that blows. Have you talked to local people to maybe fly them down?

        I still can't believe your BM made you return their dresses. I'm sorry but I've been a BM lots, and there were plenty of dresses that looked like sh*t, but the thing about being a BM- You don't bloody-well complain about the dress. Even if you don't like it, it doesn't matter.
        Grrrr, for a wedding in 2010, I have to wear a tie-dyed jean-made out of jean pants- dress, do you hear me complaining?

        Some people have no class.

        LoL, sorry, that just pisses me off about your BMs. Especially when the dresses are beautiful.

        ~~

        #114 Leticia

        Leticia
        • Jr. Member
        • 259 posts

          Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:32 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by heatherjones
          You can't find a photog? Oh my goodness, that blows. Have you talked to local people to maybe fly them down?

          I still can't believe your BM made you return their dresses. I'm sorry but I've been a BM lots, and there were plenty of dresses that looked like sh*t, but the thing about being a BM- You don't bloody-well complain about the dress. Even if you don't like it, it doesn't matter.
          Grrrr, for a wedding in 2010, I have to wear a tie-dyed jean-made out of jean pants- dress, do you hear me complaining?

          Some people have no class.

          LoL, sorry, that just pisses me off about your BMs. Especially when the dresses are beautiful.

          ~~
          women! *PPPFT!*

          I tell ya

          #115 morenaindc

          morenaindc
          • Jr. Member
          • 221 posts

            Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:07 AM

            I am presently waiting on package prices from my TA too! She has informed me that the prices for US3000 ( a cheaper charter flight out of Baltimore) wont be available until the end of the month. Can anyone out there give me the range for your packages at any of the Barcelo hotels? I will probably have guests staying at the entire range...

            #116 heather007

            heather007
            • Member
            • 620 posts

              Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:05 PM

              I just got my package quote from my TA. However, she got screwed up on it, and quoted us departure on the day that we want to get married!!!!

              So, now I'm waiting for my new quote. But, the prices ranged from $3000.00 to $3200.00.
              My question is though: looking through the travel books from last season, as in this season here, with the early bird bookings, it is the same amount of savings that I got with our group rate.

              I don't understand what the group rate actually does considering that it seems like nothing.

              ~~

              #117 Leticia

              Leticia
              • Jr. Member
              • 259 posts

                Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:05 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by heatherjones
                .
                My question is though: looking through the travel books from last season, as in this season here, with the early bird bookings, it is the same amount of savings that I got with our group rate.

                I don't understand what the group rate actually does considering that it seems like nothing.

                ~~
                well, from my experience i wish we never bothered with a group rate, the discount is not great. all the guests who didn't book with our group rate got a way better deal (waiting a little later to book) and they are on the same flight as us! needless to say, the guest who did book with our group rate, are a bit choked.

                #118 heather007

                heather007
                • Member
                • 620 posts

                  Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:54 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Leticia
                  well, from my experience i wish we never bothered with a group rate, the discount is not great. all the guests who didn't book with our group rate got a way better deal (waiting a little later to book) and they are on the same flight as us! needless to say, the guest did book with our group rate, are a bit choked.
                  You know, I've heard that before. Plus, you know when you look through the travel books, and they say stuff like- book early and save $380 per couple or something like that? Well, our discounted group rate is saving us less than that.

                  I am torn, I don't know what to do.

                  Oh, on a side note. I went out and I bought my bikinis for the trip- total of eight new pairs!!!!

                  ~~

                  #119 Leticia

                  Leticia
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 259 posts

                    Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:07 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by heatherjones
                    You know, I've heard that before. Plus, you know when you look through the travel books, and they say stuff like- book early and save $380 per couple or something like that? Well, our discounted group rate is saving us less than that.

                    I am torn, I don't know what to do.

                    Oh, on a side note. I went out and I bought my bikinis for the trip- total of eight new pairs!!!!

                    ~~
                    all the advice I could give you is if I could do it again, I never would have done it. It was a big hassle. I thought people would appreciate have an agent to go to, but most people seemed to want to find better deals on their own.

                    YAY new bikinis !

                    #120 morenaindc

                    morenaindc
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 221 posts

                      Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:04 AM

                      so...im in the final stages of my STD's...do you think I should include info about my TA or encourage people to find their own packags/deals?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users