Why Wont My Legs Tan?!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:51 PM

Jaq what kind of spray stuff do you use? everything i use always turns me orange.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#12 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:57 PM

haha danielle, we are such great minds :) we totally think alike :)

#13 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
    • VIP Member
    • 3,160 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:05 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Abbie
      jac what kind of spray do you use? does it rub off on clothes?
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
      Jaq what kind of spray stuff do you use? everything i use always turns me orange.
      Well last year I used Loreal foam (love it) throughout the summer on top of a real tan. I used it on my legs and face mostly cuz thats my problem areas, it looked natural. This year I've been using the jergens lotion and I do like it. Also there's this stuff they sell at Sally's, it's a big can and it's like 15.00, its a apray tan. It's a bit stronger than loreal, I think its called sun bronze, I will look tonight. It gets on clothes lil bit, so what I do is spray myself at night and when I shower in morning, it comes off alil but to me it looks more natural that way ANDDD it helps with not getting on your clothes. KWIM? Loreal spray tan works well also. You have to build up the tan too.

#14 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:09 PM

Thanks Jaq!

And I couldn't agree more with you Abbie. lol
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#15 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
        • 1,881 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:51 PM

Yeah, I was going to recommend one of those self tanner lotions.

sort of off topic, but for the face I like Loreal sublime Bronze Face wipes. I used them last summer and they were great!
          http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
          February 14, 2009

#16 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:36 PM

It's a big more expensive but you can always go get the professional spray tan. My sister does it and she always looks great and even everywhere. Maybe they can just do your legs right before you go?

#17 Martha

Martha
            • VIP Member
            • 3,906 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:47 PM

Ya, I figured it was because of the shaving.

I actually have a Clinique self tanner that I like. But, it doesn't get me as dark as I like.

#18 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:11 PM

I used a tanning lotion with a dark bronzer in the tanning bed and it worked. Bloom is good and so is Blend (but it is more expensive).

You can use them outside as well, just put the tanning lotion on first then use a spary sunscreen.

I didn't know that fat tanned the best. That totally busted my happy bubble about having a caramel colored tummy!

#19 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                • VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:58 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jacqueline
                  Well last year I used Loreal foam (love it) throughout the summer on top of a real tan. I used it on my legs and face mostly cuz thats my problem areas, it looked natural. This year I've been using the jergens lotion and I do like it. Also there's this stuff they sell at Sally's, it's a big can and it's like 15.00, its a apray tan. It's a bit stronger than loreal, I think its called sun bronze, I will look tonight. It gets on clothes lil bit, so what I do is spray myself at night and when I shower in morning, it comes off alil but to me it looks more natural that way ANDDD it helps with not getting on your clothes. KWIM? Loreal spray tan works well also. You have to build up the tan too.

sorry girls, im a slacker. i was supposed to follow up with the sally's product. its called "body drench" and its a yellow and brown spray can. :o)

#20 jajajaja

jajajaja
                  • VIP Member
                  • 9,794 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:00 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Abbie
                    maybe you have chicken legs i've heard chub tans easier, so if you have thin legs, that might be the problem.

but who knows ??
                    That's what I was going to say Abbie. I heard that somewhere too.

I can't test the theory on my (chubby) stomach because I won't let it see the light of day. LOL
                    Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users