Sign in to follow this  
2bebridejamaica

I now have a new skylight at my house!!

OOOOooo today is just one of those days where I have gone non stop since waking up at 5:20 this morning.

My house was hit yesterday by lightning (thank goodness no one was home and we were all at work and daycare) and we lost a bunch of things: computers,tvs,micro,clock radios, dvd player... you name it anything that was plugged into something... We have shingles all over the grass and a nice hole with splintered wood coming out from the roof which is directly above our 5 yr olds bed. He told me this morning "Momma, God must have been busy bowling cuz of all that thunder and lightning".

It's just so darn frustrating. I am calling a million people and I just realized I needed down time so I came here to vent and read all about the happy thoughts.

Thanks guys I am truely addicted to this site!

Wow... that's terrible. Thank goodness no one was home. It will take sometime, but I'm sure everything will get fix and replaced. Looks like your registry just got a lot longer.

I wish you all the best and a swift recovery.

Oh my! I'm sorry that happened to you! But at least no one was home and everyone is OK...Things can be fixed and replaced!

Yes, That is how I am looking at it ... we are all fine and it just needs to be replaced.... Funny thing is well I guess Jay and I have a new reason to sit on the couch and talk... LOL... J/K that has been his joke with his friends since this.

Your handling the situation really well. I'm glad no one was hurt and i agree with everyone else that things can be replaced. I hope you can get through to people on the phone, that can be so frustrating when something like this happens. goodluck today!