Wedding dress style for a beach wedding in Mexico

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lynz83

• 17 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:00 PM

Hello :)

I am getting married next May in the Mayan Riviera and I am trying to decide on what style of dress to get. I originally was looking for something very light and flowy (which seems to be what most girls go for in the tropical climate) but I have fallen in love with this big princessy dress and I am worried it will be too much in the heat

I have seen a few girls post dresses that were more traditional and I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys on how it went, if the dress was too hot etc? I am planning on getting married around 5pm, so hopefully the heat will have died down a little, but I'm still a bit worried If anyone cares to share their experience, I would be very very grateful!!

#2 Celina

• Banned
    • 2,811 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

I say go with whatever dress you fall inlove with!
      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#3 Tracy

• 281 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:25 PM

I agree - go with what you feel most beautiful in. I have seen people in very casual, and i have seen brides in very traditional ball gowns - they are all beautiful!

#4 Kelly C

Kelly C
        • 2,051 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:08 PM

triple that...go with what YOU fall in love with.
          Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#5 Cali

• 281 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:09 PM

I also agree...

#6 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:22 AM

I also agree you should go with a dress you love! Do you have a pict. of it?
              Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#7 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:24 AM

i was glad i went with flowy. it was hot & a flowy dress works so great in the water. i did a lot of swimming in my dress. plus it was easy to pack.

#8 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:03 AM

You could wear your traditional dress for the ceremony and maybe change into a lighter dress for the reception. May is really hot in Mexico.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#9 Lynz83

• 17 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:42 PM

Thanks for all the reply's, I appreciate it! I know May is really hot, but I was told it cools down enough in the evening that I could probably get a way with the more traditional dress (we are hoping to have our ceremony a bit later, i don't want the guests all passing out from the heat :S). I do like the idea of having the traditional dress for the ceremony, then changing into a lighter one for the dinner/reception (although my fiance probably won't think so lol)

I don't have any pictures of it yet, but I will see if I can find it online somewhere :)

#10 weddingchick

• 1,052 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

I'm sure it's beautiful and it will be fine (as long as you're confortable)

Still want to see a pic though!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users