Photo

what do i do? re: gown cleaning LONG

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

You want to totally go to town on them lol If it's a small place can you not tell the local paper and get them to run a story lol that would proper fuck them up

#22 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:46 PM

my only problem w/ a paper or news story is that i'm a non-tenured teacher.....so i have to be careful about what i say and where my face and name is seen.

#23 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
      • 2,262 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:04 PM

Oh bugger! can someone not do it for you and you say you knew nothing about it lol

#24 Mandy

Mandy
        • 514 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:18 PM

Take friends, get the dress, and camp out there until you have results. Make sure all customers coming and going see the "amazing" job they did on your dress. Make sure everyone knows how much you paid. Don't leave if you don't have results by closing time. Make them call the police. Invite your friends from the media if you want.

#25 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
          • 2,183 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:43 PM

That's crazy, they need to give you your money back!

#26 1elephant

1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:17 AM

dh said it's perfectly legal to put signs in my car that say "don't use this cleaners" and park right outside the place...i'm really thinking about it!

#27 Jenn

Jenn
              • 1,557 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:08 AM

I can't believe they called the cops... though from the sounds of it, its a good thing they called them. I would totally go park a car outside their store with a sign slamming them! How did you make out with your CC? Were you able to dispute the charges?

#28 1elephant

1elephant
                • VIP Member
                • 15,998 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:39 AM

my bank temporarily put the $ back into the account and said that they would look into it and send a letter w/in 30 days letting me know what the merchant did. in the meantime, i received a letter from the bbb stating that they're looking into it, and will contact me with a resolution of sorts by 7/11.

#29 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,752 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:40 AM

good to hear that lauren!

#30 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                  • Moderators
                  • 25,218 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                  • LocationSeattle

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:55 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lauren c.
                  my bank temporarily put the $ back into the account and said that they would look into it and send a letter w/in 30 days letting me know what the merchant did. in the meantime, i received a letter from the bbb stating that they're looking into it, and will contact me with a resolution of sorts by 7/11.
                  i had this done with BofA before, just remember NOT to spend the $ until you get the results. if it goes against your favor, you'll have to "repay" the money with the available balance in your account. if you're like me, it would overdraw!

but i've got a good vibe about the BBB results, you should hear from them before my wedding day, so that's gotta be good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users