• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#91 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:49 PM

Welcome back Erin!!

Gosh there is so much I want to comment on, but there is too much!

Happy to hear you don't have Lime Disease Amanda!!!

#92 KarmaB

KarmaB
    • 796 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:03 PM

Welcome back, Erin! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Yari- I love your new siggy pic, you look so cute and happy!

#93 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:05 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by FutureMrsB
        Welcome back, Erin! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Yari- I love your new siggy pic, you look so cute and happy!
        Thanks, it was taken at my birthday party in 06. It is my goal pic. I want to look like that again for my wedding. I know I can do it! :)

When my FI and I started to date we would take pics of all the menus we ate at. It was lots of fun and we have tons of great pics from awesome restaurants. The restaurant in the pic is a dive one in Newport Beach though. LOL!

#94 KarmaB

KarmaB
        • 796 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:29 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Yari
          Thanks, it was taken at my birthday party in 06. It is my goal pic. I want to look like that again for my wedding. I know I can do it! :)

When my FI and I started to date we would take pics of all the menus we ate at. It was lots of fun and we have tons of great pics from awesome restaurants. The restaurant in the pic is a dive one in Newport Beach though. LOL!
          I pulled my laptop close up to try and read the menu! Lol.. That's a cute idea.

#95 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:17 PM

i am having a glass of wine and waiting for my FI to get home - he went to pick up some take out Sushi - we are going to tackle the huge pile of gifts from my shower on Sunday - i honestly don't know where we are going to put everything - i joked today that we should just move into a bigger place LOL i wish!

let's see -what else? tomorrow i am not working and am playing hooky at the pool at my parents house - i am thinking about bringing my laptop but not sure if i can get a wireless connection out there - how fun would that be? updating on BDW from the float HAHA

#96 DreaW

DreaW
            • Banned
            • 2,462 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:24 PM

Well today has been ok except for the lousy emails from school districts saying, "Thank you but we regret that you have not been chosen to be a interviewee".....
              Why won't they let me even come in to interview I just don't know why Bad day.....

#97 trisha0612

trisha0612
              • 491 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:28 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by DreaW
                Well today has been ok except for the lousy emails from school districts saying, "Thank you but we regret that you have not been chosen to be a interviewee".....
                Why won't they let me even come in to interview I just don't know why Bad day.....

Drea..SCREW THEM! There is plenty of time before the school year starts!!!
                Travis & Trish
                10-10-08
                Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

#98 DreaW

DreaW
                • Banned
                • 2,462 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:32 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by trisha0612
                  Drea..SCREW THEM! There is plenty of time before the school year starts!!!
                  Yeah I know....but it just sucks, I want to do at least one interview you know? I was thinking about going back to school to do nursing but I think I will just change my resume and see what I can get out in the business world....I will do this after the summer just in case there is a chance for a interview.
                  My friends and family think I should go into event planning since i'm good at it and love to do it, planning parties, organizing things....but how do I get in that area?

#99 1elephant

1elephant
                  • VIP Member
                  • 15,998 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:33 PM

sorry drea - it's a hard time for lots of teachers looking for a position. my suggestion would be to keep taking classes (even w/o matriculating) or go to professional development conferences. that way your resume shows that you've been keeping up with education even if you haven't had your own classroom.

i'm currently hiding in my house. on saturday, in the middle of a family barbeque, my neighbor screamed over the fence for me, just to tell me that his wife (who is like 20 yrs older than me) is inviting some women from the neighborhood over this wednesday. 4 days from today. the 25th. not next wednesday, this wednesday. - these are his words......i've never met the woman and i'm not going over after he interrupted my bbq - i am just going to happen to forget about it.
                    AND - the next night, the wife called my neighbor (who we are friendly with, and funnily enough, are named lauren and keith as well), who just had a baby 2 weeks ago. she didn't answer b/c she was busy and at 9:30 (!!!), the husband shows up banging on her door to invite her over. so we're both hiding.
                    my sister will be here w/in a few hours though, which is nice b/c i've been all alone since sunday...then we can both hide!

#100 anaderoux

anaderoux
                    • 3,220 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:23 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TammyB
                      Ok, so here is some entertainment for you guys. We took our foster dog to his first visit to the dog park.. Heres how it went....

Hey Chulo, what is Piper doing over there?
                      Click the image to open in full size.

"what are you looking at"

Chulo, come on, let me have the ball, it's my turn...

(Mean while on the other side of the park)
                      "oh yeah, that's the spot"

Ahhh at last, the ball is all mine....
                      Tammy these pics look so pro!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users