Photo

Hard time about DW anyone?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
  • 631 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:34 AM

of course! I get slack (well my mother does b.c. i dont talk to the mofos) from mostly family i have not seen in yrs...look i was merely inviting them...All the people that I want to come are coming to my wedding and I am happy about that...the rest can KMA lol lol

#12 lambert13

lambert13
    • 901 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:53 AM

It really gets to me that there is one day of your life that is supposed to be all about you and your fiance, and everyone seems to try to make it all about them.

#13 atjorgensen

atjorgensen
      • 101 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:21 PM

Yes, it seems like people just don't like to be happy for you when you decide on a DW. Some act like you are stupid or spending too much money when in all actuality you spend the same if not more on a traditional wedding!! Ive had people make comments like " boy, you must have money"
        just be excited about your big day and let everyone else deal with it how they want. My family and friends aren't very supportive either. You have to do what makes you two happy. Good luck to you.

#14 anaderoux

anaderoux
        • 3,220 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:22 PM

Paula I think everyone has had someone giving them hard time about the DW..
          I'm surprised that I just had my parents think at first that not everyone would be able to go and stuff.. but when they started telling people everyone is so excited!! (I expect around 200, though I've invited more than that :S )

The thing I said was that everyone who really wants to go will be there.. I mean I'm not asking them to go to a horrible town.. it's the beach!! it's an excuse for vacations!!! they are certain cousins that won't be able to go because they are pregnant and stuff like that but to the others I told them 1 year in advance.. they can save the money..

#15 BayBug

BayBug
          • 852 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:40 PM

Man! I thought I was the only one who has a family that resents them for not having a local wedding. My friends are excited for us (of course) and my sister (only b/c she loves to travel, but my family is not that excited. My father hates to fly let alone leave the house. My mother is trying to be excited but then she says things that hurt my feeling. My FI and I are trying to get through this. We really want a small wedding, so the less people that come the better.
            We just want our wedding to be about us and surrounding by people that truly support us. That is wedding should be about.
            Angie

#16 JENESIS

JENESIS
            • 394 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:05 PM

I've been getting grief from family and friends since we announced it. They are not happy and I don't care. One of my aunts replied with "They must not want anyone to go" when she found out.

#17 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:11 PM

Oh I got a reply something similar to that too! Do people think before they open their mouths!

#18 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:55 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lambert13
                  He made a comment the other day that "after all of the years of care and support as a father, I pay him back by not inviting him to my wedding".

That made me feel wonderful

Its not that we dont want anyone there. We just want it to be the two of us. If that makes any sense.
                  That sucks!!! It makes total sense to me that you want it to be just the two of you. I considered that for awhile too. It's unfair that people can't be supportive of these kinds of choices. I wish you two the best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users