Looking for non-toxic paint for shell ceremony

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
  • Banned
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:30 PM

Our guests are going to receive a sea shell with our names and the date on it. After the ceremony, everyone will toss them in the water and make a wish for us! I don't want to use a Sharpie marker on the shells, and am wondering if a non-toxic paint would be "ocean creature friendly" I know this is an odd question. Anyone know what I'm talkin about

#2 ~Jamie~

~Jamie~
    • 39 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:19 AM

We used a non-toxic puff paint. It was very difficult to write on the sea shells though, especially the ones that had little ridges on them. Do you mind me asking... When are you handing out the shells, and what are you having the officiant say about the shell ceremony?

#3 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
      • Banned
      • 1,051 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:17 AM

Well, I haven't gotten that far yet but will let you know. :) I will do a little research and post when I find something about how to incorporate it in. What were you thinking?

#4 ~Jamie~

~Jamie~
        • 39 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:08 AM

Honestly, I have no idea! I'm searching for information... If I find anything Ill let you know!

#5 lucy106

lucy106
          • 2,880 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:11 AM

I am wondering if the stuff they use to do Henna tattoos would work?

#6 lucy106

lucy106
            • 2,880 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:14 AM

It is a "flowering plant" so it may work.... Henna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Earth Henna Kits | Temporary Tattoos | Body Art Painting

May be worth trying?

#7 Birdie07

Birdie07
              • 1,218 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:52 AM

Hmm...I don't know about Henna. i have some henna paint and it's like liquid. With a tiny paintbrush thinger. And it takes forever to dry. I think it would be hard to write on a hard surface like a shell but I quess it's worth trying!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users