EDR Health bar or white gazebo?

Since I have now booked the presidential for my ceremony, I now need to come up with a private reception site! I will have a total of 12 people and am now trying to decide between the Health bar or the white gazebo. I will be having a cocktail reception and a private dinner at whichever location I choose. Any pros or cons to either location, suggestions?

Thank you everyone for being so helpful, I really appreciate it,

Jennifer

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are really really close in proximity--- I had my private dinner at the white gazebo and loved it. It is completely in sand, though, if that makes a difference. It also felt a little off the path-while we were eating dinner- where the table was, it just felt private...It was windy- but not too windy for me- but I don't know how other girls/brides would feel....

We saw a reception at the Health Bar one evening- and it was beautiful-- not on the sand-but across the little "pathway" of the beach- you were able to get a nice breeze off the ocean.

I think this might be a win-win! :)

You should look at Mrs. V's pictures of her wedding. She posted her link a couple of weeks ago. She had her dinner at the health bar and has some amazing shots of it. There is a big pool on one side and the ocean on the other. That is where I am having mine and am so excited after seeing her pics!

the White Gazebo is a beautiful location right beside the ocean!! in some ways you just can't beat that!

However, I chose the Health Bar for more practical reasons - and I ended up just loving it!

two reason's why I picked the Health Bar over the White Gazebo, just in case it was windy (I hate wind!) and the Health Bar provides a bit of coverage. And also because there were a few people in our group with hip & knee problems that would make it hard for them to move around alot on the sand. Since I wanted a big partay - they would have had to have been very careful dancing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be View Post
the White Gazebo is a beautiful location right beside the ocean!! in some ways you just can't beat that!
However, I chose the Health Bar for more practical reasons - and I ended up just loving it!
two reason's why I picked the Health Bar over the White Gazebo, just in case it was windy (I hate wind!) and the Health Bar provides a bit of coverage. And also because there were a few people in our group with hip & knee problems that would make it hard for them to move around alot on the sand. Since I wanted a big partay - they would have had to have been very careful dancing.
How many people did you have at your reception? I thought I wanted our reception at the White Gazebo, but now I'm second thinking it because of the wind. We are getting married at 5 and our private dinner will begin at 6. We are expecting about 50 people in our group.

Does anyone have any pictures of the Health Bar? I am also in the process of trying to decide where to have my cocktail hour....

Also, just wondering...is the Health Bar large enough for a group 50-100 people for dinner reception?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Does anyone have any pictures of the Health Bar? I am also in the process of trying to decide where to have my cocktail hour....
Also, just wondering...is the Health Bar large enough for a group 50-100 people for dinner reception?
The Health Bar is definitely not big enough for 50-100. I think I was maxed out at 40. If you have that many people you may be able to have it at La Isla. I am not sure if there are any pictures of La Isla around here but I will look.