Photo

Artificial lime slices?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ashrose

ashrose
  • 422 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

I am trying to figure out what to put on a belly band for my invitations (since I'm not in to starfish/sea shells... yet) -- and I thought some fake lime slices might be super cute and simple/elegant.

I'm not sure where exactly to buy them... I see a few places online that will sell them to me for 1-1.50 each. Does anyone know of some place that I could do it cheaper?

Or... alternatively... is there any way to make something that looks like a lime slice?

#2 Jenleopard

Jenleopard
    • 204 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:14 PM

Hmmm....Have you tried to "Google" lime slices.

I googled "artifical lime slice" and I found this:

Twelve (12) Artificial Decorative Green Lime Slices - eBay (item 260254531132 end time Jul-22-08 14:55:14 PDT)

#3 sumrdream

sumrdream
      • 218 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:41 PM

Maybe Hobby Lobby? I know they have fake fruit and veggies...I would make it out of paper or a rubber stamp if yu can't find anything....just google "lime rubber stamp"
        June 01, 2009, Nassau Bahamas
        My Planning Bio

#4 Amarillis

Amarillis
        • 1,913 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:12 PM

on ebay there is a store called Ellas Grandma Charms they have really inexpensive little charms that could be awesome...

i love thier mermaid and seashell charms!

#5 ashrose

ashrose
          • 422 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by sumrdream
            Maybe Hobby Lobby? I know they have fake fruit and veggies...I would make it out of paper or a rubber stamp if yu can't find anything....just google "lime rubber stamp"
            Thank you!!

I found whole limes, super cheap there!! Crafts, Etc! ® - Mini Lime Pick

And...

I found sliced limes here (in case anyone else gets a hankering to experiment with them) ... This is the cheapest I found:

Artificial Fruit - Artificial Vegetables - Fake Fruit - Fake Vegetables

There is lots of other faux produce on that site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users