Photo

Hawaiian Wedding Dress Ideas

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 maui_dec_08

maui_dec_08
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:33 AM

I'm shopping for a wedding dress for my Hawaiian wedding in December... Does anyone have any great ideas? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:04 AM

Do you want a Hawaiian style wedding dress or are you just concerned about the beach and weather?

#3 diezelgrrl

diezelgrrl
      • 67 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:20 PM

ditto on the question above. If you're doing a white dress, the Galina dresses at david's bridal are very nice for a beach wedding.
        It's not so very hot in december in hawaii. the nights can actually get down to 60 degrees. My dress is fron David's Bridal..a very simple halter and barely a train. no tulle, ruffles or anything...just plain satin!

I also liked the lace dresses...very simple yet nice. too bad it didn't look so nice on me lol!

#4 maui_dec_08

maui_dec_08
        • 30 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:20 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Alyssa
          Do you want a Hawaiian style wedding dress or are you just concerned about the beach and weather?
          I'm just concerned about the beach and weather. I guess something light so I can actually move in it one the beach and something that I won't sweat in because it's either too big or heavy.

#5 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:44 AM

Hey! Where is Old Forge? I am in Philly!!

Anyway, as for the beach and weather, i think you should go to a bridal shop and try some dresses on - you will be with most dresses as long as they don't have a super long train or a lot of material underneath.

try browsing through this thread for some ideas...
            http://bestdestinati...g.com/forum/t85 (there are some girls that have bought 'more traditional' dresses but for the most part, most are pretty light and beachy!

#6 maui_dec_08

maui_dec_08
            • 30 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:46 AM

Old Forge is near Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, PA... I'm heading to a bridal shop on saturday to try on some dresses, including these... what do you think?

Jacquelin Exclusive | Style 9821

Jacquelin Exclusive | Style 9826

Jacquelin Exclusive | Style 9825

#7 IslamoradaBride

IslamoradaBride
              • 459 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:56 AM

They are pretty! I would suggest trying on a lot of different styles when you go-- even if you think you don't like it on the hanger. I found that what looked good on me IRL was totally different than what I had envisioned myself wearing. Take photos & show us when you get back :).

#8 blondie

blondie
                • 19 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:36 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by maui_dec_08
                  Old Forge is near Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, PA... I'm heading to a bridal shop on saturday to try on some dresses, including these... what do you think?

Jacquelin Exclusive | Style 9821

Jacquelin Exclusive | Style 9826

Jacquelin Exclusive | Style 9825
                  All are beautiful but I love the 3rd one the best! :) Good luck with shopping!

#9 maui_dec_08

maui_dec_08
                  • 30 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:13 PM

Here are the pix of the dresses I tried on. What do you think?

Dress 1:
                    Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Dress 2:

Dress3:

#10 maui_dec_08

maui_dec_08
                    • 30 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:16 PM

Here's one more... What do you think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users