Photo

Bachelor Matt Grant Moves Out of Fiancée’s Pad

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:43 PM

Matt Grant has moved out of fianc©e Shayne Lamas’s condominium, but the English Bachelor insists that all is well with the two.

The couple have cohabitated at Lamas’s Century City, Calif., place since the Bachelor season ended with Grant presenting Lamas with the rose and an engagement ring. But Grant moved out because he says the two need space to grow.

“I had to get my own life out here (in L.A.),” says Grant. “Get my career and friends and have my own circle. That’s important in a relationship. That you are not entirely on top of someone.”

The couple has been dogged by rumors of discord since their televised engagement, however, Grant says that they are doing well and that living together was always meant to be “a stop-gap.”

“Early on in the relationship, people need a little space,” says Grant. “It’s almost to keep the spark — the romance — that exists in the first year of a relationship. Living together after knowing one another after four months is probably a little bit quick. Certainly for our generation.”

Grant does concede it has been “a difficult time” but insists that most of the pressure has come from external forces. He says the two are still engaged despite having moved into his own condo in the Valley. And he insists that he’s had no second thoughts about choosing Lamas: “I made the right decision.”

When asked if the two are in love, Grant responds: “Definitely. I wouldn’t be engaged if I wasn’t.” –Bryan Alexander

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:00 AM

Wow, I wonder what the real story is.

#3 DreaW

DreaW
      • Banned
      • 2,462 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:10 AM

yah I saw this this last weekend. Saw a pic too, they didn't look happy in the pics.

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:20 AM

I wonder if it will be in US Weekly this week with a pic.

#5 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
          • 1,131 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:22 AM

sad, but I can't say that I'm the least bit surprised. Wonder how long until the official announcement of the break-up.

#6 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
            • 2,183 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:20 AM

I think it's odd he moved out. Also, how weird when he said it would only be temporary... mmmm

#7 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
              • 1,881 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:02 PM

have any of the bachelor's worked out after the show? Isn't it only Trista and Ryan that are still going strong?
                http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                February 14, 2009

#8 Alyssa

Alyssa
                • 11,793 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:05 PM

that sucks! i hope they work it out b/c i really liked them together

#9 Kelly C

Kelly C
                  • 2,051 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:48 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by nikkianddean
                    have any of the bachelor's worked out after the show? Isn't it only Trista and Ryan that are still going strong?
                    Yes trista and ryan now have a baby. I think only one other worked out. I can't think of their names right now.
                    Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#10 stltk

stltk
                    • 120 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:16 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by azhuskergirl
                      sad, but I can't say that I'm the least bit surprised. Wonder how long until the official announcement of the break-up.

I thought the SAME exact thing! You know that in a few wks or whatever there will be an official press release type of thing, cuz that's usually how it goes. Ah well....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users