Dreams CABO or Dreams CANCUN?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:02 PM

Hey Ladies,

Just so you know, you don't need to post your thread more than once, if it doesn't pertain to just one area, try to post it in a more general area, rather than cabo or cancun specific.

Cabo & Cancun are very different, they're both beautiful and they both have beautiful resorts.

Two things that made me choose cancun over cabo were

1. Location ( I am on the east coast as are all of my guests, we wanted to keep costs down and flights to cabo would have been more money)

2. swimmable beaches (there are some swimmable beaches in cabo, but I wanted to make sure my guests could go to the beach if they wanted to at the resort we were staying at)

Also, dreams doesn't allow spring breakers, so you wouldn't have to worry about that, they are family friendly resorts.

if you do a search on this site you may actually fine some threads on this very topic because I know it's been discussed many times.

Also, I noticed two of you ladies mentioned wanting to get married in May 2009, I have several brides I'm working with that are getting married in May next year and there were not very many dates left, so I wouldn't get your heart too set on any certain date just yet and I would also make a decision fairly quickly if May is defnitely the month you want as the dates are going quick.

Good Luck!

#12 keiperwedding

keiperwedding
    • 25 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:11 PM

Cancun gets my vote. With the clear blue water and the white sand beaches of Cancun, plus the amazing Gazebo, it was not a question at all for me. Good luck to you!
      Jennifer
      Dreams Cancun
      November 7, 2009

#13 Gen Snipes

Gen Snipes
      • 153 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:37 PM

good points...thank you. yes i need to hop on a date quick...i havent heard back from the WC -its been about a week - ill try again. to be honest, i guess i wouldnt mind a midweek wedding as long as the weather is great- i could compromise. I wonder if April or june would be a better second choice?

#14 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:55 PM

april - may - june is typically a very busy time for weddings there, but as long as you don't mind a midweek wedding you shouldn't have a problem getting a date. I was checking dates for someone else a few weeks ago and there were no fridays or saturdays available in the time frame she was looking, so she went with a thursday.

The WC are slow to get back to you because they are very busy and they get 100's of emails everyday, so don't get discouraged, but you may need to send another message if you don't hear back.

#15 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:00 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ashleykmorgan
          You can post wherever you want....
          please do not post the same thread in different places or your post will get deleted.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#16 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:02 PM

gen, i see you are based in LA....are most of your guests based there as well? if so, i say cabo because the flights will be less expesnive and only a 2-2.5 hour flight....which will make it easier for your guests to afford the trip and come...

i say the same thing to my east cost brides that if they are stuck between cabo and cancun, they should do cancun.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#17 Gen Snipes

Gen Snipes
          • 153 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:02 PM

Its really half and half...Myself and bridesmaids are coming from LA...but most of our family is coming from NJ and Canada. I guess that would make it a little easier for them to make Cancun. My goal is to get Claudia WC on the phone asap and arrange a mini site visit in late July. If we love it and can make arrangements there and then... Ill take whatever date they have!

#18 Gen Snipes

Gen Snipes
            • 153 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:04 PM

question for travel agent Jill....what comes first, blocking off rooms with the hotel? or finding a travel agent (do they do the blocking? or do I? who does the wheelin and dealin?

thanks!

#19 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:57 PM

I'll send you a pm

#20 Jerome Dieu

Jerome Dieu
                • Vendor
                • 105 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:03 PM

hello if you decide to come to cabo and have any questions i will be happy to help!

good luck!
                  Jerome Dieu
                  Wedding Photographer

Tel (from USA & Canada): 1 (925) 465 6146
                  Local Phone (Los Cabos): 104 3643www.mangoweddings.netcontact@mangoweddings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users