Help Me Decide- Sand Ceremony

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Martha

• VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:48 PM

I need help figuring out which vase/container to use for Sand Ceremony.

I got an awesome deal at Pier 1 and figured I'd buy both to see which would be better.

The first one is taller....I like it better, but not too sure if it is too big? The little glasses on the side will hold the sand for our moms to use then for us to use. IGNORE THE WHITE TAG, I left the price tag on.
    Click the image to open in full size.

The second is much smaller, but I am not to sure if it is too small? It might be okay after the wedding and we have it on display since it will be standing alone and not with the other glasses.
    Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Denise40

• 407 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:51 PM

Definitely the smaller vase. The first one, in my opinion is too big. That would be hard to care down there and back without getting broke.

#3 Carolyn

• 1,235 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:51 PM

I love the first vase.

#4 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:52 PM

I picked the shorter one even though the tall one is beautiful. You'd just need a lot more sand to fit in the tall one..

#5 alex

• 1,139 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:55 PM

It might be much more difficult to transport, but I LOVE the taller one! The shape is really cool!

#6 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:57 PM

I think that the tall one is a great shape and would look awesome as a sand ceremony, however, I think it is too big, especially if you are carrying it with you down there and back. It is going to need a lot of sand, and it will be heavy on the flight home.

The small one is a nice shape too, but I don't think that it is too small. It will probably make a nice sized sand ceremony.

I say use the small one! You could always use the big one for something else.
              My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#7 1elephant

• VIP Member
              • 15,998 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:22 PM

i like the shape of the bigger one better. where is it going to go in your house? maybe figure that out, and see which would fit better.

#8 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:25 PM

i love the shape of the short one!!!

Mr. & Mrs. C
                  February 14, 2009

#9 cndisue58

• 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

Yep....they're both great, so it just depends on where you plan to keep it in your home. I think the taller one would be my choice...just has kind of symbolic look to it. Just take plenty of bubble wrap!

#10 Martha

• VIP Member
                    • 3,906 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:31 PM

Thanks, ladies....I bought 4 containers of sad, 2 pink and 2 green just in case we use the first one. I didn't think about it being too heavy though.

Not sure were it will go yet....we are moving right after the wedding, so that has yet to be determined.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users