I Need Help Please Help Me Find A Kid Friendly All Inclusive Resort

My wedding is planned for 11/2009 and I am still searching for a resort to hold my wedding ceremony. I have been searching and searching for all-inclusive resorts in jamaica. I have found Starfish trelawny, Sunset Beach in ochos rios, Sunset beach in montego bay, and RUI in negril. As far as all the resorts are concerned I found info on all some good, some bad. And I am just confused on which to pick. Sunset beach is nice but I dont really like the wedding packages because I feel they are a bit overpriced because we want to have a reception as well. Plus at Sunset beach in ochos rios I cant get over the cruise ships docking so near the hotel. Starfish is kinda outdated structurly and is far away from everywhere but they do have the most to do for children. The Rui doesn't seem to be as kid friendly as the other hotels as far as water slides and activites by the website but honestly I really dont know. I have a son who is 8 and there are other kids in the wedding party and they all will be with us for the first 4 days and we want them to be occupied with activities and things to do so the parents can enjoy their vacation, relax, and unwind. I would love to know what you guys think are some of the best kid friendly all inclusive resorts located in Jamaica. You all have such bright and wonderful ideas that I know all of you have done your research. Please help!! We want to make reservations at a hotel so our wedding date can be reserved. Thanks in advance

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're choosing the RIU because of the kid thing (just my niece who is 2 at this point). We were looking at Beaches but it seemed really expensive as far as weddings go. Then we came accross the RIU Ocho Rios. Its just so beautiful and so many good options for the wedding and reception at any price point. I hear the kid's club is not that great, but that the pools are fun. Sadly, the best bet for a LOT of kid things is probably Beaches. You can have it at Beaches, then switch over to Sandals for you and your hubby (I think thats an option)

Hedonism II all the way. They gotta learn sometime.

I kid. I kid.

From what I have gathered, the Riu resorts are very kid friendly. We are going to the Riu Ocho Rios next week and would be glad to give feedback when we return. The ROR is also pretty far away from the cruise ship piers as well. It's on a different bay.

Beaches is definately set up to giv the parents some down time while keeping the kids busy!

Beaches Negril is great for the little set- the toddler area is great, in the shade with a little wading pool and there are water slides, a small water park where they can use a lazy river and the water shoot up thingys.

The beach there is amazing and will keep the older kids occupied for days!Plus the Xbox Room will keep them busy when they need to get out of the sun.

Beaches Boscabel is great for the older kids - 5 and up. Huge waterpark (something like 11 slides and 27000 square feet! )and a water area for little ones. Lots of arts and crafts going on. When I was there the kids just got back from baking cookies and were having a blast!

Beaches Boscabel also includes the greens fees and transfers to the Golf course in Ocho rios- great outing for the Dads!

It is pricier than the Riu properties but you get alot more overall!

My second option if you'd like to be at a more moderate price level is Riu Ocho Rios. It's a great moderate resort - amazing beach with really nice pools. You won't have as much for the kids to do there so it's a trade off.

If you need any help with the Riu send TA Maureen a Pm- she's a ROR bride and travel agent so can help you with any questions!

If you need help with Beaches I'd love to help out and answer any questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambert13 View Post
Hedonism II all the way. They gotta learn sometime.

I kid. I kid.

From what I have gathered, the Riu resorts are very kid friendly. We are going to the Riu Ocho Rios next week and would be glad to give feedback when we return. The ROR is also pretty far away from the cruise ship piers as well. It's on a different bay.
Hey,

YES, Please give me feedback on this resort whether or not it is kid friendly. I would greatly appreciate it and it may help me make my final decision. Thanks again