Jump to content

Photo

MIB...what's cheaper to mail? box or tube


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 milejilo

milejilo
  • Jr. Member
  • 313 posts

    Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:05 PM

    Help...... I need to buy supplies for our DIY message in a bottle STD's, ASAP but I'm not sure which would be cheaper in postage, the mailing tubes or the square boxes. Can you please share your costs?

    #2 cincin

    cincin
    • Newbie
    • 109 posts

      Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:16 PM

      I'm not for sure which is cheaper..b/c I only had the option to get the square boxes from the designer who did our invitations. We ended up paying about
      $6- $7 per box (I think). It got kinda expensive. We had to mail out 30, but I wouldn't change my invites - I love the message in the bottle.

      #3 milejilo

      milejilo
      • Jr. Member
      • 313 posts

        Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:22 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by cincin
        I'm not for sure which is cheaper..b/c I only had the option to get the square boxes from the designer who did our invitations. We ended up paying about
        $6- $7 per box (I think). It got kinda expensive. We had to mail out 30, but I wouldn't change my invites - I love the message in the bottle.
        ouch!!!! =) well there's no turning back now, we already started this.. thanks so much for the info

        #4 ACDCDCAC

        ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

        Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:40 AM

        are you using glass or plastic bottles? we used plastic and didnt use a box or tube! we just waxed the tops. MUCH cheaper!

        #5 1elephant

        1elephant
        • VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

          Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:59 AM

          we used 6" glass bottles in the boxes and paid $2.71/invite. we didnt load it with sand either. i couldn't find a tube that was the perfect size without spending an enormous amt of #, and i ordered the bottles and boxes at the same time from the same company.
          EDIT: not $2.71/invite - it was $2.71 to MAIL each invite

          #6 milejilo

          milejilo
          • Jr. Member
          • 313 posts

            Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:12 PM

            thanks a million everyone!!! i just got done with my excel spreadsheet and i have 116 rows!!!! yikes! i'm going to have to really sit down with FI tonight and decide who is actually getting the STD/invite and who is just going to get an announcement....

            #7 Davematthews16

            Davematthews16
            • Banned
            • 1,051 posts

              Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

              We mailed our glass MIB invites in boxes. They were filled with real sand, shells and a charm on the end and cost about $5.74 each EVERYONE made some sort of comment about how much they LOVED them, and how they were the best wedding invites they had ever received. With that being said, it was well worth the $$.

              #8 1elephant

              1elephant
              • VIP Member
              • 15,998 posts

                Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

                edited my original post - see above

                #9 milejilo

                milejilo
                • Jr. Member
                • 313 posts

                  Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:33 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lauren c.
                  we used 6" glass bottles in the boxes and paid $2.71/invite. we didnt load it with sand either. i couldn't find a tube that was the perfect size without spending an enormous amt of #, and i ordered the bottles and boxes at the same time from the same company.
                  EDIT: not $2.71/invite - it was $2.71 to MAIL each invite
                  I've narrowed down our guest list to around 80... hmmm, that's around $240 for postage and I just spent $173 on supplies.. well, I'll post what I come up with soon... thanks for your help.

                  #10 milejilo

                  milejilo
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 313 posts

                    Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:39 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Abbie
                    are you using glass or plastic bottles? we used plastic and didnt use a box or tube! we just waxed the tops. MUCH cheaper!

                    Unfortunatly.... i didn't think about that I bought the glass bottles




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users