Photo

first dress fitting

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 aimee!

aimee!
  • 696 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:18 PM

well i went on my very first fitting today [at davids bridal]- and i'm thinking it was a good idea to start 1.5 years before the wedding... i didn't have much luck. there were 2 that stood out as my favorites and i'll see if i can figure out how to include pics in this post.

the pictures are pretty terrible, and you can see that i was not really focusing on having them taken anyway. a flash may have helped, but oh well- we still have LOTS of dress shopping to do.

i'm also still trying to decide if i'm going to wear shoes, flip flops, wedge flip flops, or barefoot sandals... ahhh

DRESS 1
    Click the image to open in full size.

DRESS 2
    Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#2 aimee!

aimee!
    • 696 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:22 PM

my family liked dress #1 the best, but i'm a little hesitant about the bow on the front- does it make it look a little silly? i can't decide how i feel about it quite yet. i will also post the davids bridal links so you can see some quality pics of the gowns.

David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns V9462 Satin A-line with beaded lace on tulle overlay and empire bodice with bow.
      David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns T9397 Strapless taffeta side drape with metallic beaded lace bodice and trumpet skirt.
      Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:26 PM

I like dress #1 and I think the bow looks fine, but you have plenty of time to keep dress shopping. Trust me, you will KNOW when it's the right dress!

#4 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
        • 1,798 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:31 PM

I agree with Tami, you will totally know when you find the right dress. I actually went by myself cause I got sick of feeling pressured to buy one my sisters liked.
          I will with hold my 2 cents on which dress I like
          ( #1)

#5 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
          • 1,881 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:37 PM

i like #1 as well, but with a 1.5 years you have plenty of time to find THE ONE! Happy hunting!!
            http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
            February 14, 2009

#6 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
            • 2,183 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:35 PM

I like dress #2 better, I don't like the way the lace splits on dress #1

#7 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
              • 4,979 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:24 PM

I like dress #1 as well, but I also agree that you'll know when you find your dress.

I started dress shopping really early as well, the only problem was that once I finally found mine, I had to force myself NOT too look at other dresses so I wouldn't fall in love with any others!
                Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#8 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:39 AM

I like dress #1 but if you don't feel comfortable with the bow than you should keep looking. I'm sure you can find something similar without the bow.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#9 FYB87

FYB87
                  • 976 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:57 AM

Have fun dress shopping! I prefer #1 over #2!

#10 indypitty

indypitty
                    • 110 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:00 AM

I love dress #2! I almost got that dress and have had several monents when I wish I had gotten that dress. It is a very flattering dress, and in my opinion it looks much more expensive than it is. I was impressed by the quality of that one for the price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users