Photo

home reception

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mylee84

Mylee84
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:59 PM

Okay I have a question! We are getting married at Riviera Maya and then having a reception in our home town for everyone that couldn't come. We will be playing the video for everyone to see. My question is anyone else doing this? If so what are you wearing to the reception at home? are you having that reception like a normal reception would be or just casual? any suggestions would help!! thanks!!! =)

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:04 PM

There are several thread on this. Try searching for "AHR" or "At Home Reception."

Anyway, we didn't get a video done in time, but would have if we could have. We had about 30 teaser pics from our professional photographer to show plus an album from DH's parents that they made for us to show guests some pics.

I wore my dress and Tom wore his reception outfit also. I figured why not? :-) And it was fun to get a second wearing out of it!

Here's a link to my AHR thread w/ a few planning pics. It was very laid back and casual. http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21791

#3 amyrak

amyrak
      • 469 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:14 PM

I too plan to wear my dress at our AHR and ours is 4 months after our wedding..so hoping I can still fit in it..lol :)

#4 amyrak

amyrak
        • 469 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:15 PM

I too plan to wear my dress at our AHR and ours is 4 months after our wedding..so hoping I can still fit in it..lol :) We are having a fairly normal reception since most won't be able to make it to Mexico. We may have went more out if we didn't go to Mexico..who knows.

whoops double post..hoping someone can fix :) it acted like it didn't go thru the first time. oh well..

#5 beth

beth
          • 128 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:39 PM

We are having a very casual party when we get back. I am not going to wear my dress to that. It's going to start around 3 or so and go into the evening. Nothing too fancy...just famiy and friends.

#6 Kelly C

Kelly C
            • 2,051 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:43 PM

Im not wearing anything to fancy. Just a casual type of open house. Our photographer is putting our pics on a dvd loop for us to show. were are not videoing. Is that even a word.
              Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users