Recommend a Good Beach Book?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 1elephant

• VIP Member
  • 15,998 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:39 PM

oh jane green is also good for mindless chick lit. most of her stories take place in england, but having lived there, it was easy enough to catch on and know where she was talking about. i'm not sure if it would take away from the story if you haven't visited london.

#32 Cassondra2009

• 444 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by amyrak
      I love Jodi Picoult's books. I've read quite a few but I liked 19 minutes, The Pact, Plain truth, and Vanishing Acts. I haven't really had one of hers I didn't like. There are still some I haven't read of hers yet. Any reccomendations I haven't read?? I also read My sisters keeper and 10th Circle. I think that's it.
      Keeping Faith was pretty good.

#33 Tracy

• 281 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:21 PM

SISTERS - by Danielle Steele - great beach reading!

#34 Karen

• 1,308 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
          Karen I have a few mindless read chick lits if you want. I can give them to Jason when he comes to Queens.

I have Tori Spelling's book "sTori Telling"
          Plum Sykes "Celebutantes'
          Lauren Weisenberg "Chasing Harry Winston"
          Those sound great. Thanks Glenda. But don't worry about the books. You have much more pressing and exciting matters to concern yourself with that day.
          <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#35 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:56 PM

Its not a problem Karen. In fact I'll pack them up today so I don't forget them on saturday.

#36 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:48 PM

One of my fav books is Bitten by Kelley Armstrong.. not sure how good of a book for the beach it would be.. but I loved it :) And definitely got some sexy stuff in it!

#37 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,328 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:52 PM

i just bought the time traveler's wife! it was on sale at target today. i don't even really know what it's about but between the blurb on the back and the recommendations here, i think i'll like it! i want to start it now but i am forcing myself to wait until we leave.

#38 neen

• 633 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:11 PM

oooooh, sToring Telling....is it bad that i can't wait to read that?

#39 1elephant

• VIP Member
                  • 15,998 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:33 PM

i just finished 2 - the david sedaris (when you are engulfed in flames - hilarious!!) and one called promise not to tell. it was SO good. it's a mystery, i guess, but not cheesy. i don't remember who it's by - my sister already took it home w/ her.

#40 amyrak

• 469 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:20 PM

I think Promise not to Tell is by Harlan Coben...very good book!! I like Harlan Coben books too...

edit..just looked it up and it was Tell No One..close though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users