Photo

What sunscreen did you use on your wedding day?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:05 PM

To the Mrs who have already been through their DW, what sunscreen did you use on your wedding day? I'd rather not use my normal suntan-y smelling, kinda sticky sunscreen. Any tips for me?

P.S. Would be nice if I could type "you" correctly. I hate when I do that.

#2 Karen

Karen
    • 1,308 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:14 AM

I think I just used regular Coppertone SPF 50 sunscreen except of course on my face. I forgot to put sunblock on my face before getting my makeup done and I looked like a lobster face at the end of the day

This one looks good. It is odorless and hypoallergenic I think:
      Vanicream Sunscreen
      <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#3 CJEB

CJEB
      • 182 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:24 AM

wow didn't even think of that!

#4 Carolyn

Carolyn
        • 1,235 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:01 AM

I din't even think of that. Thanks for the link. I will need to look into that.

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:07 AM

i LOVE HEART LOVE neutrogena sunscreen.

this one is the best! ultra-sheer drytouch sunblock, spf 55, and other spf's too.

http://www.neutrogen....ductLineID=15]

ok i cant make the link work for some reason today. but it's so so good, not greasy and not too smelly.

#6 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
          • 985 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:47 AM

On my daughter we used one of the sunscreens made for faces, SPF 30, non oily, and we spread it all over her shoulders, back neck, chest, and face, before we put on the makeup. She protested but she didn't burn :) I think we used the coppertone faces but I will go with Abbies recommendation of the Neutrogena dry touch products. I have some of the faces SPF45 and it is really nice stuff.

#7 AmandaR

AmandaR
            • 241 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:52 PM

During our entire trip we used Aveeno SPF 70 for faces and didn't burn at all.

Amanda

#8 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
              • 1,131 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:07 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Abbie
                i LOVE HEART LOVE neutrogena sunscreen.

this one is the best! ultra-sheer drytouch sunblock, spf 55, and other spf's too.

http://www.neutrogen....ductLineID=15]

ok i cant make the link work for some reason today. but it's so so good, not greasy and not too smelly.
                This was what I was thinking of using, so I'm glad it got a good review!

Thanks for all the replies ladies!

#9 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

My facial moisturiser has SPF 15, so that's all I used. I didn't use any other sunscreen the day of or any days after -- but I used SPF 30 the days prior so I didn't have tan lines.

#10 Richard King

Richard King
                  • 16 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:33 PM

This is a really great question. Often at destination wedidngs the brides it too much sun before there wedding, and lobster looking is not cool. W e recommens a good sunscreen, but also, try getting a bit tanned at home before you leave.

Ladies: White strap marks are really easy to get and really hard to hide, so invest in a bikini top that has no straps up top if possible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users