please help....HATE my dress on me.. UPDATE!

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 Leslie-Xcaret09

• 939 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:19 PM

***UPDATED** new dress page 7!!

OK so i thought I found "the one" on Thursday but when my parents uploaded the pictures and I looked at them I almost cried!!! UGH I hate how it looks on me I just joined weight watchers again and have lost 8 lbs but I plan on losing another 15 lbs which I am sure I can do but I still don't know if it would look good. I got the halter one but I think it makes me look wayy to "busty". I called Davids and put a hold on the order and made an appt to go back on Monday and try them on again. After looking at the pictures Im thinking the strapless looks better.

Dont mind my hair since its a hot mess and pretend the black neclace isnt there

Do you like either one of these or should I just start from scratch?

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:23 PM

I like the strapless it really suits you

#3 heather007

• 620 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:23 PM

Personally, I think that they are both beautiful. However, with that being said, I do think that the strapless looks better on you. You look more confident in it, plus, it's so pretty. Additionally, the strapless has an empire waist, emphazing the breast and sliming the waist, while the halter seems to cut you in half. Hope that helps!!!!

#4 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:25 PM

I think they both look good, but I prefer the strapless dress on you. I am heavy chested as well and when I tried on halter dresses, they didn't look as good on me as I would have hoped. They made my chest look a lot bigger and that is not what I am looking for.
          The band that goes under your chest on the second dress makes your waist look smaller, as it goes around the smallest part of your body!! Something to think about.
          My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#5 Marnie&Peter

• 302 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:25 PM

I really like the strapless one...I think its more slimming on you.

#6 loveangel0610

• 272 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:26 PM

I really like the strapless dress on you.

#7 -Kate-

• VIP Member
              • 7,676 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:28 PM

I like them both, but the strapless looks better on you.

#8 Kat81

• VIP Member
                • 7,615 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:28 PM

I LOVE the strapless on you. I don't know how you couldn't think it looks amazing. You look stunning in it!

#9 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:36 PM

I honestly really like both of them on you, neither of them would be a poor choice. What I like about both of them is the detail below the bust (one is a ribbon the other looks like twisted fabric), it really accents your body type well and pulls it together nicely. You look beautiful in both!!

I did end up voting for the strapless. It helps that you do look happier and more confident in the picture, but overall it just seems to suit you better.
                    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#10 foxytv

• VIP Member
                    • 7,740 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:41 PM

Wow! I think they both look great. I do think the halter one gives you a more busty look, but it could just be the angle of that picture too.

I think the strapless looks fabulous on you.

My gown was strapless and I started freaking out as the big day got closer thinking that all my armpit fat was going to ooze over the dress ... but in the end I worried for nothing -- although I did work out w/ a trainer to focus on that area well-beforehand. lol :-)

And it doesn't look to me like you need to lose anymore weight! You are a gorgeous bride-to-be!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users