I am TERRIFIED of spiders...

Kat81

My cat that I had growing up used to catch flies in the window and would play with the spiders occaionally killing them, but if they ran off, she didn't usually chase them too much. She liked the bigger prey like, bluejays, squirrels, weasels, and of course mice and shrew.

That is why I had my sister trained and now my daughter. Hopefully my son will think it is awesome to kill bugs, especially spiders, so he can be my ultimate protector from them!!! LOL

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely HATE spiders. Even the itty bitty ones that can't hurt you, can't stand them.

When I was thirteen one came out from behind my shampoo bottle while I was in the shower, and not some random little thing, but a huge ass spider the size of an apple, and that was just its body. I screamed bloody murder and tore off to the other end of the house...I can't even remember if I turned off the water.

Another time my mom was watching Arachnophobia, and I had fallen asleep on the bed next to her. I woke up just as the big mother spider (the one the size of a pumpkin) was leaping across the screen at someone, and at the same time, my dad thought it would be funny to grab my leg. Sooooo not funny. Again, I screamed bloody murder.

Luckily my husband doesn't like spiders much either, so I shouldn't have to worry about any ill-natured pranks from him.

LMAO that is so mean! Got to love Dads. I have had them dangle down from the roof of my truck before and talk about freakin' out. I swear if there would have been another person in the oncoming lane I would be dead.

Tim doesn't like me to kill spiders because he says they kill the other bugs... But we both hate the "thousand leggers" I just hate the way they look... and they are SUPER fast!

My parents basement has those HUGE black fuzzy spiders in it, NASTY!!!! I swear they're bigger than the family dog (Carin Terrier)...ahahha! You know what doesn't bother me though, those "Palmetto Bugs" that they get down south... I'm pretty sure they're in the Roach family, but they are huge...

A couple summers ago we were on Seabrook Island (South Carolina) and I had just cleaned the whole kitchen and Tim and I went out to dinner leaving everyone else there and we came home and Tim's cousin had crushed Tositos EVERYWHERE and there was a Palmetto Bug under the stove with his head sticking out from the under the stove and the MFer was crunching on a Tosito and you could HEAR IT chewing....!!!!! I swear to god.... Tim and I were in absolute SHOCK and couldn't stop laughing at how DISGUSTINGLY funny it was. I'm not sure what ever happened to the bug but it was a hell of a story! LMAO!!!

I have been thinking about this and I have decided that huge bugs are gross and I would totally freak out seeing one, but the big ones here (little compared to some hotter places) are the ones that can really sneak up on you. If I feel a little tickle on me somewhere, I always look and ready to scream if it is a spider.

We get wolf spiders around here and almost every summer there is one that takes up residence on my parents deck. My dad says not to kill it because it is harmless to us but will kill all the other bugs. Well, as soon as I see it and he isn't around, it gets squished. Then the next year there is another one!!!

I also am afraid of spiders. My co-worker just got bit by a "brown spider" the docs called it..I'm thinking a Brown Recluse. She got sooooo bad she had to go to the hospital twice bc the venom was spreading throughout her entire body.

smile105.gifsmile105.gif WHY did I open this thread!?

I am scared SHITLESS of spiders & now I can't stop shivering while reading everyone's stories.... *shudder*.... Ewwwwwwww.... no sleep for me tonight!

Here goes my nasty spider story:

I was getting ready for school one morning when I thought I heard a knock at the apartment door. I grabbed a work shirt out of a box nearest me so I didn't have to answer the door topless.. lol.. so nobody there. I take the shirt off so I can continue drying my hair without overheating when I feel something icky on my back. Like a little tickle, but gross feeling. I look over at the box I took the shirt out of & realized it's a box my Dad brought from his garage that was full of old work stuff for Mat to wear while roofing...

I swat at my back, terrified of what I'm going to find.. when PLOP a gigantic bush spider plops onto the floor & starts leisurly walking around my bathroom... like I mean, casually strolling about as if to say "yeah, I'm here... deal with it!" Now it wasn't huge or anything (body maybe the size of a loonie) but it was SO disgusting & fuzzy looking & the thought that it was on me was just enough for me to lose it (I actually just gagged thinking about it!)!! I speed-dial Mat's cell phone. He's working on a roof, 4 stories above the ground.. with me crying hysterically (like almost hyperventilating) It takes him about 10 minutes to calm me down enough to understand what I'm carrying on about (he's about to jump off the roof & run home since he probably though I had broke some bones or something major) and once he finally gets it, he tells me to suck it up & hangs on me me!!!!!!!!! Now that I look back, I understand completely. I was a spazz & it was dangerous on the roof... But man that set me off even more!! LOL Another 10 minutes of crying & I finally got the nerve to put a bowl on top of the spider & finish getting ready for school... I couldn't even bring myself to kill it!!! Although I squirted it with Windex before I left because I thought it would immobolize it enough until Mat got home & could take care of it! I didn't want it to escape!! LOL I was so shaken up alll day! I was going to hairdressing school at the time with like 50 other females at the time so everyone was thoroughly understanding & almost as grossed out at me! LOL

Man, I'm a spazz for sure! smile41.gif

At least Mat finally understood how bad my fear was!!

(WOW, sorry that was so long!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
LOL I totally know how you feel. When something is on you then you can still feel it's nasty little legs on you after you fling it off BLAH I hate that!
I'm so traumatized I can almost still feel those little legs when I think about it! *GAG*