Sign in to follow this  
LAUREN1980

Villa del Arco

This is a new resort that just opened in July - they have a priate ship in the pool! Very cool! We are about to sign the contract and send in the deposit. Has anyone spent any time there?

Nope, but they are still finishing up some constuctions so you have to be careful where you are going to be placed as you may hear some constuction noice. Plus the staff there isn't that great yet. I'm sure by November most of these concerns should be address. The rooms are nice. Were staying at their sister company Villa Del Palmar for our wedding.

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for the info. We actully are having our ceremony on the beach at Villa del Palmar. Since it is the last property on the beach, the far end is pretty seculded. Where did you hear about the staff. That worries me a little.

Have you been to Cabo before? The reason I ask is because your wedding date is when I did our site visit and the beach that time of year is REALLY crowded... I'm only telling you this because I was hoping for a some what private area and it didn't look like I would have it at VDP. I heard about Villa del Arco from Trip advisor as well as during my site visit I could hear the constuction and the guy I'm getting my timeshare from (it's his timeshare but he can't use it so I'm paying him for his week) told me they are still working on the rooms, I was hoping to switch out stay to Villa del arco but the rooms they do have are booked and they are still opening rooms when they come avaliable.

Yes we did our site visit in the middle of October. Between Villa del Palmar and RIU there was litterly no one on the beach. In front of Villa del Palmar and the rest of the hotels all the way down to the Baja Cantina - I totally agree - way too many people. Hopefully it wasn't just a slow weekend! The coordinator said that you may get one or two stragglers, but really since there are no hotels between those two it stay's pretty quite! I guess I will pray for no people and construction finished!!!!

Thanks for all the info - I notified the coordinator to ask about the construction and when it shuld be completed. When I was there in October, they said April. We'll see!