Photo

Villa del Arco

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LAUREN1980

LAUREN1980
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:22 AM

This is a new resort that just opened in July - they have a priate ship in the pool! Very cool! We are about to sign the contract and send in the deposit. Has anyone spent any time there?
    Lauren & Jr
    November 10, 2007
    Villa Del Arco!!!!

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:35 AM

Nope, but they are still finishing up some constuctions so you have to be careful where you are going to be placed as you may hear some constuction noice. Plus the staff there isn't that great yet. I'm sure by November most of these concerns should be address. The rooms are nice. Were staying at their sister company Villa Del Palmar for our wedding.

#3 LAUREN1980

LAUREN1980
      • 63 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:57 PM

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for the info. We actully are having our ceremony on the beach at Villa del Palmar. Since it is the last property on the beach, the far end is pretty seculded. Where did you hear about the staff. That worries me a little.
        Lauren & Jr
        November 10, 2007
        Villa Del Arco!!!!

#4 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:26 PM

Have you been to Cabo before? The reason I ask is because your wedding date is when I did our site visit and the beach that time of year is REALLY crowded... I'm only telling you this because I was hoping for a some what private area and it didn't look like I would have it at VDP. I heard about Villa del Arco from Trip advisor as well as during my site visit I could hear the constuction and the guy I'm getting my timeshare from (it's his timeshare but he can't use it so I'm paying him for his week) told me they are still working on the rooms, I was hoping to switch out stay to Villa del arco but the rooms they do have are booked and they are still opening rooms when they come avaliable.

#5 LAUREN1980

LAUREN1980
          • 63 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:47 PM

Yes we did our site visit in the middle of October. Between Villa del Palmar and RIU there was litterly no one on the beach. In front of Villa del Palmar and the rest of the hotels all the way down to the Baja Cantina - I totally agree - way too many people. Hopefully it wasn't just a slow weekend! The coordinator said that you may get one or two stragglers, but really since there are no hotels between those two it stay's pretty quite! I guess I will pray for no people and construction finished!!!!
            Thanks for all the info - I notified the coordinator to ask about the construction and when it shuld be completed. When I was there in October, they said April. We'll see!
            Lauren & Jr
            November 10, 2007
            Villa Del Arco!!!!

#6 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:55 PM

Well my wedding is in June so at the very least when I return I'll post a review so I'll try to remember to do a review on the beach area.

#7 LAUREN1980

LAUREN1980
              • 63 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:05 PM

Thank you, I really appreciate it!!!
                Lauren & Jr
                November 10, 2007
                Villa Del Arco!!!!

#8 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
                • VIP Member
                • 931 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:02 PM

Hi Lauren,

My Dad's whole side of the fam (25ish people) are staying there for my wedding. I'll give you their review after my wedding

#9 LAUREN1980

LAUREN1980
                  • 63 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:11 PM

Great! Do they own timeshares there?
                    Lauren & Jr
                    November 10, 2007
                    Villa Del Arco!!!!

#10 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
                    • VIP Member
                    • 931 posts