Photo

Are these vows too long?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 indypitty

indypitty
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:38 PM

I love our vows, but now as I've been re-reading them, they seem too long! We did not want to use the traditional "till death do us part", so we pieced together some different ones we had found online. Maybe I'm just stressing about them since my wedding is only one week away? The minister assured me they weren't too long and will have us repeat them sentence by sentence.

Here they are:

Courtney, I Brian take you to be my wife. I promise to share with you all of myself. I promise to be your constant friend and your faithful companion. I promise to respect you truly, as an individual, as my partner, and as my equal. I promise to support and encourage your interests, desires and aspirations, and to accept your support and encouragement of my own. I promise to celebrate your successes and mourn your losses as if they were my own. I promise to live in truth with you, and to communicate fully and fearlessly. I promise to grow with you and continue loving as we grow, to face changes and challenges with you, to overcome obstacles with you, to enjoy contentment with you. I promise to love and support you when it’s easy and when it’s not, in good times and bad, completely and forever. I promise you my unconditional love for all the days of our lives.

#2 KLC77

KLC77
    • 2,207 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:49 PM

I don't think they are too long at all. I really like them.
      ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#3 Denise40

Denise40
      • 407 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:50 PM

Those are beautiful and not too long at all. It is the nerves.

#4 CJEB

CJEB
        • 182 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:02 AM

i think it is long but not too long. if you love it go for it!

#5 Melissa G

Melissa G
          • 105 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:13 AM

I don't think they are too long - they sound really heartfelt.

#6 happygilmore

happygilmore
            • 576 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:16 PM

I don't think they are too long and I thought they were really nice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users