Melia Las Dunas

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#11 Sara1000

Sara1000
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:01 PM

Hello,

We are getting married at the Melia Cayo Santa Maria which is right beside the Melia Las Dunas. We leave Sat. We haven't picked anything yet. We were told we do it when we get down there. I have just saved some pics of ceremony setups and cakes I like to bring with me. I have mine own silk flowers that I am bring. Definitely check out the facebook group there is tons of pictures on there.
    Good luck with the planning.
    July 10, 2008
    Meila Cayo Santa Maria
    Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba

http://www.whenismyw....7d327ff7e3.gif

#12 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
    • 512 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:31 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Sara1000
      Hello,

We are getting married at the Melia Cayo Santa Maria which is right beside the Melia Las Dunas. We leave Sat. We haven't picked anything yet. We were told we do it when we get down there. I have just saved some pics of ceremony setups and cakes I like to bring with me. I have mine own silk flowers that I am bring. Definitely check out the facebook group there is tons of pictures on there.
      Good luck with the planning.
      The first trip I ever took to Cuba was to this resort. It is absolutely GORGEOUS. The grounds are beautiful and the beach is just breathtaking. :) You are going to have an amazing time ... it's so secluded and just amazing! And the food was the best we've had in Cuba!!! (we've been back often since that first trip).

I recommend renting a car or scooter (car would be fast though) and venturing into the nearby towns on the mainland! It's a great way to explore Cuba on your own terms.

Congrats!!!!! :)

#13 Virg

Virg
      • 684 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:56 AM

That is awesome! More Santa Clara, Santa Maria Brides!!! I do not feel so alone now. I know they say that you don't really pick until you get there... but you can decide beforehand. Go to Wedding Cuba Channel. Wedding & Honeymoon at Sol Melia Cuba Hotels
        They have pictures of cakes, flowers, etc....

Have a great wedding day Sara!
        Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
        Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#14 Sara1000

Sara1000
        • 10 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:55 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by BlissfulMsMiranda
          The first trip I ever took to Cuba was to this resort. It is absolutely GORGEOUS. The grounds are beautiful and the beach is just breathtaking. :) You are going to have an amazing time ... it's so secluded and just amazing! And the food was the best we've had in Cuba!!! (we've been back often since that first trip).

I recommend renting a car or scooter (car would be fast though) and venturing into the nearby towns on the mainland! It's a great way to explore Cuba on your own terms.

Congrats!!!!! :)
          Thank you. It is so nice to hear good thinks about the resort. Especially the food part ( that is what I am worried around FH is a picky eater). I haven't meet anyone who has been married there. I figure it is similar to Melia Las Dunas because they are the same chain.
          Did you take the scooters on your own? or with a tour? Is it safe to go off the resort on your own? I have never been to Cuba before.
          July 10, 2008
          Meila Cayo Santa Maria
          Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba

http://www.whenismyw....7d327ff7e3.gif

#15 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
          • 512 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:37 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sara1000
            Thank you. It is so nice to hear good thinks about the resort. Especially the food part ( that is what I am worried around FH is a picky eater). I haven't meet anyone who has been married there. I figure it is similar to Melia Las Dunas because they are the same chain.
            Did you take the scooters on your own? or with a tour? Is it safe to go off the resort on your own? I have never been to Cuba before.
            Hehehe yeah it was an incredible resort. Very isolated though ... there's not a whole lot of partying going on, but there are great bars on the site and it's SO gorgeous ... :)

There was a wedding the week we were there and it was beautiful ... and they managed to keep the ceremony pretty private. We spotted the bride going down to the beach, and saw the setup then we didn't see them again for the rest of the day/night! I'm not sure where they went ...

We rented a car (a little standard Peugeot) because the road off the island to the mainland is SOOOOOOOOO long. (If you're on Facebook you can check out my Cuba pics on there ... there are a few from that trip, including shots of the looooong road! Just search for Miranda Lightstone).

At first it was a little scary going into the villages ... it's so poor there and everything is so run down ... we were a bit scared because here, poverty often means violence ... but there, poverty is a way of life. And we soon worked up the courage to leave the car and just venture off around the villages. People are SO friendly and open ... and as soon as they see the resort bracelet they won't heckle or bother you ... it's a poor country, but a great one nonetheless. You're going to love it.

#16 LIW

LIW
            • 197 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

We're considering the Melia Las Dunas. The other resort we're considering is the Paradisus Rio de Oro in Holguin. I think at this point, it's going to come down to price.

We chose Cuba as our destination because FH and I took our first real vacation together there and just fell in love with the country. We both adore Cuba and the country has sentimental value for us.
              http://www.weddingco.../rbe6xizbgt.png

38 people plus bride and groom coming to Cuba!

#17 teacherbride

teacherbride
              • 354 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:49 AM

Hey ladies, it sounds like your planning is going really well. If you need any help I highly recommend TA Lindsay from the forum. We are working with her right now to coordinate all our guests travel plans to Playa Pesquero in Holguin. She is so friendly and doing an awesome job! She is very knowledgeable and willing to find out any info you may need!

#18 Valetphil

Valetphil
                • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:24 PM

Hey !
                  I'm new here and very happy to see that I'm not the only one to get married at the MLD ! :-)
                  Next year at this time, we will be married ! Woohoo !

Val
                  http://whenismyweddi....54cf148e68.gif Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

#19 Valetphil

Valetphil
                  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:27 PM

Virginia, I just saw that you are getting married on June 30th ! I guess we will be on the same flight since our date is July 1st ! (well, assuming you guys are leaving from Ottawa)

V.

#20 Valetphil

Valetphil
                    • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:52 PM

Would anyone know if the translator at MLD also speaks French ? Not that we can't do it in English, but would be nice to say "Oui je le veux" instead of "I do" ;-) ehehehe !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users