Melia Las Dunas

Virg

I can't comment on wedding specifics, but I have stayed there for a 2 week holiday the first month it opened. At that time it was lovely even though there were a few growing pains - comes with just opening. It's new so it's pretty nice. Beds are rock hard - ask for a pillow top. Quite far from the airport. BUT there is a wedding video online somwhere that I will try to find for you. the beach is beautiful. It's a windier spot but gorgeous - don't worry about this because most places down there are somewhat windy. Bring bug spray - they drive around at night and spray, but it is some pretty toxic gas. Overall, the wedding should be lovely - it's a great place. Oh yeah....NO SHOPPING anywhere even remotely close by - bring everything you need.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

We just got back from our wedding at Melia Las Dunas on Jan 2nd. I am about to post a review. It is a beautiful resort and you are treated very special as a bride and groom at this resort. They know what they are doing in regards to the weddings and all the details are taken care of. Just beautiful!!! You picked a great resort.

Terri

• 2 months later...

I have done a 180, I thought about DR and Mexico - but after comparing reviews and talking to several TAs I have decided to go with Melia Las Dunas! I am excited, it looks like a very nice place to get married, lots of different options for wedding locations, beautiful scenery! I am already on the FB group which seems to be more popular than this forum for info about the resort, but I just wanted to update this site too! I'm hoping to get married on June 2 or 3 2010!

I have a couple of questions for the past Melia Las Dunas Brides.

When should I start planning the reception/ceremony? Should I wait until I get to the resort or should I start planning now through Melissa, or should I contact the resort's wedding co-ordinator now?

Also, I'd like to organize a welcome dinner with my guetsts. Should I try and organize that a head of time?

Also, did any of you use the DJ at the resort? Was he any good? Does he play is own music or should I suuply him all the music?

I have some many questions. I've booked my wedding day, but I'm not sure where I go from here.

I was in the same boat as you Emily, But I am a bit anal retentive when it comes to organization, so I am doing lots of printing, OOT bags, I have already booked the restaurant I want for the hall, etc.

The Facebook group has ALOT of information.

Okay, so I emailed Melissa and asked her how far in advance I could book a ceremony and reception venue and she told me I had to wait until I arrived. If that's the case, I'm cool with that, but there have been other brides that have booked in advance. So what's the deal? Should I contact the resort directly??

Also, I am contemplating booking the conference room for my reception. It's not the price of the rental I have an issue with, I'm concerned that for only 30 people, it might not be worth it. Has anyone booked the conference room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virg View Post
Emily,
She said the same to me at first, But then she said to wait until closer to our date. I booked the area by the pool last week for our june 30 wedding.
Good luck!

Thanks! I'll wait a few more months then try again. Did you book it through Melissa or Lian?

Is the pool area the blue restaurant/room that I see in pictures? Is so, that's the area I'd like to book too. What's the capacity for that area? I have about the same amount of people booked that you do. Are you having dancing as well there?

I'm sorry for all the questions. Thanks for your help.