If your getting married @ an all inclusive...

Are you having a rehearsal dinner the night prior? Are you doing a private event or are you just having everyone meet at one of the restaurants? I'm thinking of doing something informal and just having everyone meet at one of the restaurants, because they are already paying for all that food, no sense of having a private event if I'm going to have one the next day for the wedding you know?

Is that tacky?

I totally agree with you on this one... It's hard enough to realize even though it's all inc. that we have to pay more for the same food on our wedding day for everyone to have a reception. We are going with a dinner after the rehearsal but we are just going to make a reservation when we get down to the resort to make sure they can accomidate everyone in our party.

I had a private event at the AI. I TOTALLY wish we would have saved our money, or just had one off property. None of my guests understood why we would have a private dinner instead of meeting at the buffet like we did every other night. I just wanted to treat them to a nice dinner, but apparently everyone thought it was unneccessary. It ended up bumming me out and the dinner was a flop.

That's just my experience though. Some could have had a better one, but IMO it was not worth the $600 we spent.

We have always been planning on having the rehearsal dinner at one of the buffets. We are going to get everyone meet us there for when supper first starts so that we can make sure we can all sit in the same area. The only other option is if we are all able to get into an a la carte together. This may be possible if there aren't too many more people that go.

Hey DJs...

We're just doing a run-through/rehearsal of the wedding the day before with the pastor.

All of our guests get their on different dates and I have no idea how in the world I'd coordinate everyone together for dinner anyway so I'm hoping by word of mouth, maybe, on the first night we're there, we can get a private area for all of our guests in one of the restaurants... but another thing is I realize everyone is on vacatino so I don't want them to feel like I'm bombarding them with 'be here, do this, then this day is the wedding, etc."

Most likely we will just do our rehearsal/walk through of the weddign with the weddign part. Short, sweet, fast. LOL.

This is something I'm still debating with, I really really would love to have a private reception because 1) our guests will be flying all the way from scotland, so they deserve it 2) we want photos of the party afterwards..just don't know how good the photos would be if it wasn't a private reception?

It does bother me that we need to pay for the "free bar" for it, even though all our guests will be staying at the hotel. Its quite cheeky actually! they should just charge us for the staff we require, but hey.

At the moment, we are all for having a private function, but at the expense of not having a party back home. But this might change if numbers attending in mexico drop!

Soo confusing! :)

xxxxx

We have people staying with us at the AI and we have some staying at their timeshares. We plan on notifying those invited to rehearsal dinner in advance of when and where we are meeting for the RD. We will be going off site for a dinner. Luckily our time share people are staying at the same hotel so they can catch a cab together.