My BM Jewelry Arrived

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:04 PM

the necklace i would wear again definately. prob not the earrings. But are you worried about them being able to wear the earrings again?
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#12 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:07 PM

Ok- I have to say that I have a starfish necklace that I have had since I was like 15 or so. I love it and wear it occassionally. I have also had a sand dollar pendant that I sometime wear instead of the starfish- I've had that since I was a little girl. :)

So what I'm meaning to say- these aren't things I have just because I had a DW and got obsessed with all things beach related. :)

I think the earrings are overkill though. I don't really like matchy matchy jewelry though.
      Happily married since 2008

#13 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
      • 2,183 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:34 PM

I think it's very pretty, I like anything that sparkles.

#14 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
        • VIP Member
        • 3,160 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:39 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MrsTrussell2B
          Thanks! I knew the brides on the forum would like them. I guess my BMs get the concept but they probably think its a little out there. the chain is 16 inches. Their dress is strapless. So I tried it on this morning. I think they will definitely need 18 inches.
          Well, tuff titties for you BM's if they dont like them. You put thought into this and I do honestly think they'll like them- b/c they are adorable.

I dont think I'd wear the earrings again, but just b/c they arent the style I wear. I'm trying to picture it together, with the dress, hair done, whole nine- and I'm not sure if wearing AND necklace might be too much going on. Know what I'm saying, I dont want to offend you. I think maybe a simple pair of studs would look great with that necklace, anything alil more simple ORR you could even do a smaller pair of those same exact earrings- tiny ones.

#15 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:51 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jacqueline
            Well, tuff titties for you BM's if they dont like them.
            Haha my mom would always say that- Tough titties said the kitty but the milk is still fine.
            Happily married since 2008

#16 Celina

Celina
            • Banned
            • 2,811 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:21 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by redheaney
              I think that as BMs, they should be bloody thankful to be receiving a gift of jewellery! When did things get to be this way?!!
              I TOTALLY agree here! They should be thankful you bought them anything!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sandra E.
              I think it's very pretty, I like anything that sparkles.
              ME TOO!

Honestly I love the necklaces. I just ordered my BM's starfish necklaces yesterday and plan to give them to them with a card that has the symbolism of starfish.

I agree with Rachel in that the necklaces AND earrings would be too matchy matchy.
              "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#17 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
              • 1,260 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:09 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by MrsTrussell2B
                Twelve piece i just checked out your website and i love your work.
                Thanks!!! and i think you are right about needing 18 inch chains since their dresses are strapless.
                See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#18 merocket59

merocket59
                • 937 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:55 PM

They look beautiful!

#19 tvt

tvt
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,812 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:49 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE
                    I just ordered my BM's starfish necklaces yesterday and plan to give them to them with a card that has the symbolism of starfish.

what is the symbolism of the starfish?

#20 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
                    • 1,209 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:46 AM

[QUOTE=MrsTrussell2B;431229]My BMs haven’t seen the jewelry but they HATE the idea of starfish jewelry and wonder will they ever be able to use it again.Click the image to open in full size.

So I assume you had ordered this stuff for them and afterward found out that they don't like the idea?
                      I just saw a really cute starfish necklace online that I was thinking of getting for my 2 sisters (BMs). It's white gold and diamonds. Now I'm second guressing myself too!

IMHO I love the necklace. I do not like the earrings. I think they are overkill. I think you need to choose either flashy earrings or necklace, but not both. Studs would be ok.
                      So I guess I'm in agreement with everyone here. I think your BMs are crazy and they should totally wear the necklaces. And they will probably keep wearing them afteward too.

BUT if YOU aren't crazy about them AND have spent your money on them, then return them and get something else for your BMs.

Can you post a pic of the BM dresses? Maybe we can help suggest something else for them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users