Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MrsTrussell2B

My BM Jewelry Arrived

Recommended Posts

OK this will be a little long because i am venting here!

Thanks ladies! Im not offended by anyones comments at all. I am soooo not a jewelry person (I wear the same simple tiffany heart necklace and earrings everyday) Because of this I told the BMs that they could pick out their own jewelry. Well it is 30 days before my wedding and they still havent picked out anything so I got fed up and picked it out. I had considered the starfish necklace a long time ago when I saw the ones on this forum and thought the idea was so cute and would match the theme of my beach wedding. When i mentioned it to them they thought i had lost it! LOL. So I waited for them to pick something out and when they did not i ordered. They havent seen them but when i told them they were on the way they all gave me the same sarcastic "oh great." But it was in a joking manner and in the end all of them said that they would wear whatever I want them to wear. I guess Im just annoyed because not many brides say "Hey pick out your own dress AND your jewelry and I am going to buy the jewelry for you" Yes you read that right i told them to pick out their own dress too! Which they didnt do so in the end I had to pick that too! Which BTW they all went and tried on and i never saw the dresses on the BMs until a week ago (because we are in different states) and I dont like it on. So I am a little irritated with them. Im posting the dress so you guys can see it. I do think an 18in chain will look nice with it and I am looking for new earrings today and i will return the starfish necklace. If it wasnt for eveyone on this forum i dont know what i would do! :-)

 

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I really like your BM dresses, are they that color too? I love it. You have been more then accomodating to them. I really like the neckalce and agree the earrings are too much. Is a simple stud not enough bling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found these on Kohl's online and really like them. They're a bit modern, but simple and clean lines. They're mother of pearl. They are also really really reasonably priced and IMO if you're BMs are so frivolous about letting you pay and knowing they might not even like what you pick, I'd go as cheap as possible (not sacrificing style, of course). Also, the chain is 18" already cheer2.gif

 

If they're wearing their hair up, I'd go for the earrings. If they're wearing their hair down I'd go for the necklace on its own and some plain stud earrings (whatever they have already that is silver).

 

White mother of pearl earrings

Click the image to open in full size.

 

White mother of pearl necklace:

Click the image to open in full size.

 

Actually, come to think of it, since the dress is blue you could go with the blue coloured version instead (made of another really nice shell called Abalone). I was just thinking the white for mine. :)

 

Click the image to open in full size.

 

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy106 View Post
Oh I really like your BM dresses, are they that color too? I love it. You have been more then accomodating to them. I really like the neckalce and agree the earrings are too much. Is a simple stud not enough bling?
Thanks. Yes they are that color. I think a simple stud will work and i know i can get some that are inexpensive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevsgirl View Post
I just found these on Kohl's online and really like them. They're a bit modern, but simple and clean lines. They're mother of pearl. They are also really really reasonably priced and IMO if you're BMs are so frivolous about letting you pay and knowing they might not even like what you pick, I'd go as cheap as possible (not sacrificing style, of course). Also, the chain is 18" already cheer2.gif

If they're wearing their hair up, I'd go for the earrings. If they're wearing their hair down I'd go for the necklace on its own and some plain stud earrings (whatever they have already that is silver).

White mother of pearl earrings
Click the image to open in full size.

White mother of pearl necklace:
Click the image to open in full size.

Actually, come to think of it, since the dress is blue you could go with the blue coloured version instead (made of another really nice shell called Abalone). I was just thinking the white for mine. :)

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Those are really pretty. I dont know how they are wearing their hair. Oh no! another thing that i have to think about. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the bm dresses i'm sure once everyone is all dolled up they will look fabulous in them. I really don't blame you for being aggravated. You asked them to pick out their own dresses, and they didn't so you had to. You ask them to pick out their own jewelry, and they don't so you had to. You pick out the stuff for them and they aren't happy with it. You have been more than patient with them. They should of jumped at the chance to pick out their own stuff and they didn't. I think your being way too nice and i wouldn't even worry about what they like anymore. You tried. I know how aggravating it is when you ask people to do something and they don't. You don't need the pressure. I wouldn't go crazy looking for new earring, since you do know somewhere you can get inexpensive studs than i would either go with them or just keep the starfish earrings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: So i went shopping yesterday (not for the BM jewelry) and something caught my eye. It was a journey necklace. (the one with 7 simulated diamond that increase in size) It is the perfect lenght and i picked up a simple stud to go with it. I really like it! ( l like the starfish too but i wanted a little more sparkle so im returning the starfish necklace and the earrings)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTrussell2B View Post
Update: So i went shopping yesterday (not for the BM jewelry) and something caught my eye. It was a journey necklace. (the one with 7 simulated diamond that increase in size) It is the perfect lenght and i picked up a simple stud to go with it. I really like it! ( l like the starfish too but i wanted a little more sparkle so im returning the starfish necklace and the earrings)
Sounds really perfect! I'm glad you found something great to go with their dresses. cheer2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow -- I'm surprised your BM's aren't into the starfish. I agree with some others that the earrings probably wouldn't get a lot of repeat wears out of me ... but I have several starfish necklaces now that I wear all the time and I gave my BM's and the Mom's starfish necklaces and everyone loves them. They didn't wear any necklaces for the DW (halter dresses so they didn't need them) and I bought them earrings to go w/ the dresses ... but the starfish necklaces I included as part of their BM gifts all but one BM loves. I think the necklace you got for them is GREAT!

 

Oh, and I just read your update and think that sounds PERFECT!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×