Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
marip123

Steph's Westin Los Cabos Wedding Review (Long) w/pics

Recommended Posts

Steph- The pictures are great and you look fabulous! Thanks so much for writing the review. It was very helpful, especially since our wedding is next Sunday. I will not let the cake out of my sight! I am using Suzane Morel as well so I am glad you had such nice things to say about them. Its also wonderful that you thought the food was so good. I am going to use an Ipod at my reception dinner, we have a guitartist coming for the ceremony. I guess I can just keep my fingers crossed and hope all goes well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh barrie i forgot your wedding was next weekend coming up!!! go post on the westin brides thread all your last details about what vendors youre using and when you get back so we know when to look for photos and a review!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassybride View Post
Thanks for the awesome review Steph! I'm happy that the wedding service for food, drinks etc was very good. So the crusted Sea bass was really good? I think this is what we are choosing! Did you have any food during cocktail hourhuh.gif If you did, what did you pick and was it good? The drinks good at your reception? What drink package did you pick?

Thanks!

The sea bass was really good. I even asked for a to go box. The waiter looked at me like I was crazy, but it was so good, and of course, I could hardly eat that day.

We did have food during cocktail. We did passed appetizers, and I had been worried it wasn't enough, and there left overs. We had bruschetta (didn't try it), sausage in a pastry puff (didn't try), the baguette crouton with blue cheese and candied walnuts (so good!), and chicken wing with mango dip (also very good).

Yes, the drinks were good. The bar, we did a basic bar, that I negotiated with Lorena. We had wine, beer, pina coladas, and margaritas, soft drinks, and water. We did this for 4 hours. We had a lot of drinkers in our group, and it turned out perfectly. Everyone drank for the 4 hours and beyond. And, most everyone just drinks beer and wine, so there was not really any reason to have the full on bar there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshortzie View Post
Steph- The pictures are great and you look fabulous! Thanks so much for writing the review. It was very helpful, especially since our wedding is next Sunday. I will not let the cake out of my sight! I am using Suzane Morel as well so I am glad you had such nice things to say about them. Its also wonderful that you thought the food was so good. I am going to use an Ipod at my reception dinner, we have a guitartist coming for the ceremony. I guess I can just keep my fingers crossed and hope all goes well!
Barrie, it will go well. don't worry. The westin made sure the day of went perfectly. It was the before and after that was annoying! You're going to have an amazing time. I can't wait to see pics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole.gia View Post
Hi Steph! Congratulations on your big day and being a married woman now!!!

Thanks for such a detailed review, it really helps so many brides with decisions when it comes to their own wedding day. Thanks for the tip on Volaris airlines. I live in San Diego too and had no idea this was an option...very exciting! As for the venue, I had the Westin on my list of possible venues for my wedding...knowing what you know now which venue would you have chosen?

Thanks! :) Nicole
Hi Nicole,

I don't know what venue I would have chosen. We really didn't look around because we just fell in love with the Westin!

Volaris is awesome. I was looking into flights to acapulco and puerto vallarta, and you can fly there for less than 200! I can't wait to try them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
steph, amazing review! i have to come back with questions later when i have some more time. my boss keeps coming over to my desk and i want to write out a thoughtful response.

two quick things though:
1) are you glad you used the bamboo to cordon off the ceremony site?

Yes, they left the front open so we could have the ocean view, but it was nice to have that sense of privacy. It was funny, when we were saying our vows, there was someone at the pool yelping whohoo for us!

2) i dont remember seeing the flower petals for the aisle on your BOE - how much were they? they looked absolutely gorgeous!
No, the petals were last minute, and I"m glad I got them. They added some nice color. They were $50.00 for the box or maybe $54.00, but totally worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by marip123 View Post
The sea bass was really good. I even asked for a to go box. The waiter looked at me like I was crazy, but it was so good, and of course, I could hardly eat that day.

We did have food during cocktail. We did passed appetizers, and I had been worried it wasn't enough, and there left overs. We had bruschetta (didn't try it), sausage in a pastry puff (didn't try), the baguette crouton with blue cheese and candied walnuts (so good!), and chicken wing with mango dip (also very good).

Yes, the drinks were good. The bar, we did a basic bar, that I negotiated with Lorena. We had wine, beer, pina coladas, and margaritas, soft drinks, and water. We did this for 4 hours. We had a lot of drinkers in our group, and it turned out perfectly. Everyone drank for the 4 hours and beyond. And, most everyone just drinks beer and wine, so there was not really any reason to have the full on bar there.
I'm so happy the food was good. We will go with the sea bass and the chicken one...Did the Westin want to know ahead of time how many wanted the pork and how many the sea bass?

We got basic bar as well and had to really BEG for it! I don't think we got wine in ours?!? Was the wine in the basic bar? wow, that's amazing if it was!

I'm looking into sweet dreams for my cake now..I really want a nice cake and the icing really looks whipped!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassybride View Post
I'm so happy the food was good. We will go with the sea bass and the chicken one...Did the Westin want to know ahead of time how many wanted the pork and how many the sea bass?

Yes, I had to guarantee numbers one month prior.

We got basic bar as well and had to really BEG for it! I don't think we got wine in ours?!? Was the wine in the basic bar? wow, that's amazing if it was!

Yes, I had to beg for our basic bar too. It did come with wine, and the servers served our basic wine instead of us having to come to the bar for it.

I'm looking into sweet dreams for my cake now..I really want a nice cake and the icing really looks whipped!
Yes, the icing was really whipped, it wasn't buttercream, but they did offer to do a fondant, but I thought we were getting buttercream, so I opted for the no fondant..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by marip123 View Post
Yes, the icing was really whipped, it wasn't buttercream, but they did offer to do a fondant, but I thought we were getting buttercream, so I opted for the no fondant..
Ya cause that looks like whipped cream not butter cream. I think I will ask for fondant. Do you know what the cutting fee is if you bring in a cake?

oh and was your wedding the only wedding of the day at the westin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassybride View Post
Ya cause that looks like whipped cream not butter cream. I think I will ask for fondant. Do you know what the cutting fee is if you bring in a cake?

I don't know the cutting fee.

oh and was your wedding the only wedding of the day at the westin?
Yes, it was the only wedding the day of. There was one the day before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • SUN-IMPERIAL Fashion IS AN ONLINE  WOMEN'S FASHION STORE FOR YOUNG WOMEN WHO LOVE AND LIVE FASHION. Our collection reflects the latest trends in trendy urban fashion. we offer our loyal costumers unique items that have been hand picked by our professional team of stylists in an affordable price. In sun-imperial you will find the top fashion trends and a stylish item for every occasion from casual to fancy looks. Come in and explore our trendy urban clothing, stylish street wear collection.
    • Looking for the best venue for wedding and Wedding related events Book the best Banquet Hall in West Delhi - Symphony Banquets. For all types of Social as well as corporate events with In-House Catering service and luxurious ambiance to make every event a memorable one.  
    • Hundreds of years before, the basic jewellery were made out of seashells and bone, trees and animal skin. In the ancient times, the Egyptian jewellery first came into existence. Egyptian culture inhabited technology, gemstones, and precious metals early in comparison to other places. They were inspired by the culture of royalty and aristocracy which led to thinking noble like having a deep appreciation for luxury. This made them create impactful jewellery and leading trends. Copper was the first metal that came into existence through which we as humans got so many jewellery items.  However, the major focus on jewellery came when they discovered gold. This allowed the Egyptian to rule as the first jewellery maker. The ancient Egyptians valued adornment and were worn by both men and women.  Material and metals: The plethora of material which was used in the making of this Egyptian jewellery was basically gold and silver. Egyptian has mostly attracted towards gold and the availability of silver was less in Egypt as compared to any other place. The colour variation was due to the mixing of elements such as alloys like copper, iron, silver into gold.  Charm jewellery: It was then also an interesting concept to have charms in necklaces, bracelets and other jewellery items. It’s just they were made up of stones and precious or semi-precious jewellery. In this picture above the necklace is adorned with precious stones in different charms shapes. Gem and stones: The more royal pieces of Egyptian jewellery were adorned with the precious jewellery items. The gemstones were semi-precious stones, precious stones are other various gems. The most prized stone were lapis lazuli, rock crystal, and pearls. Emeralds were also found in these jewellery pieces. These were made from ground quartz and then molded into expensive gemstones. They are also used as charm jewellery when molded or carved in different shapes.
    • Congratulations! Where you are you getting married? 
    • It’s my wedding five months from now and we badly need ideas because everyone’s mind is not working right now and I, as the bride, cannot even think of what I really want to have on my wedding day. I want something simple yet unique. Something that suits for Colombian women and bride. Can you help me out with this? Thanks! I will really appreciate your comments!
  • Topics

×