Photo

Any Barcelo Brides?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 MelissaH

MelissaH
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:45 PM

It's totally indoors but they set it up really nicely.
    I think maybe if you want something open air they can set aside part of the disco for a reception (before the disco opens)

#12 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
    • 420 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:59 AM

Some more questions Melissa, do they have wristbands?
      For your wedding how is it working between Barcelo Colonial and Barcelo caribe & beach... Do you have to pay a day pass? Is it okay if all of your guests are staying at Barcelo Beach, but you are staying at and having the wedding at the Barcelo Colonial?

Are there any separate Adult Areas?

Anything else you can tell me??

I can't believe your wedding is in a month! yOu must be so excited. :) Bring pictures!
      Margaret & Eric

#13 MelissaH

MelissaH
      • 1,724 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:00 AM

They do have wristbands, but you can take them off for the wedding and they give you new ones afterwards.

If you have guests staying at the Beach or Caribe and you are staying at the Colonial they don't have to pay for a day pass or anything - everyone has access to the whole resort no matter where you stay - it's not really like 4 separate resorts, it's just 4 separate sets of buildings...I dunno if that makes sense but I don't know how else to explain it hehe

There aren't any separate adult areas, but they do have what's called a "quiet pool" and I don't think there are ever any kids over there. To be honest with you though the whole time I was there the only time I ever noticed kids was at night at the kid's show at the theater.

Hrmm what else...you can't go topless at the pools? lol only on the beach...uhm..

Oh I think you already know that they don't let outside photographers in, which really really sucks, but you can go off the resort and have photos done there by whoever you want and having the resort photographer just do the ceremony and family pictures (we're going 5 minutes up the road to Puerto Aventuras for pictures of just John & I with another photog)

The reception halls aren't really decorated (something I just found out) so if you want more than just plain white table cloths with fruit centerpieces you'll have to bring your own stuff (I'm just doing turquoise table runners with a few pretty tealights)

You have the choice of bringing your own music for the reception or hiring a DJ - they have a really good 5 CD stereo system so we're just bringing our own music - the DJ is something like $500 for 3 hours but apparently he's really good, if you forward him a list of all the music you want he'll make sure he gets it for you!

One downside is you only have a choice of a few things from a set menu for dinner and everyone has to eat the same thing (unless you have vegetarians then they'll make an exception for them). I've been told though that the beef medallions are some of the best food you'll ever taste so that's what we're going with (I wouldn't hesitate to pick anything though, the food there was always fantastic!)

I can't think of anything else right now but I'll post things as I think of them!!

And don't worry, I'll be bringing TONS of pictures hehe I can't live life without pictures :P

#14 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
        • 420 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:08 PM

OOoh, I'm so excited for you, 1 month!

Thanks for the great info.

One more question. Do they not allow any outside vendors, or just not photographers. Like if you want to have other fire dancers/salsa dancers or anything like that?

Thank you!
          Margaret & Eric

#15 MelissaH

MelissaH
          • 1,724 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 05:10 PM

You know what - I'm not sure but I'll find out for you!!

#16 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
            • 420 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:07 PM

And the answer to "Any Barcelo Brides" is now YES!

I just booked it.

Thank you so much for all your help Melissa!
              Margaret & Eric

#17 MelissaH

MelissaH
              • 1,724 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:10 PM

no probs!!
                you're going to love it there, i promise!

#18 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
                • 420 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:12 PM

I know, I'm already so excited! And can't wait to hear about yours!
                  Margaret & Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users