VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,680 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:11 AM

Hi gang

I just don't know what to do when it comes to picking a photographer. Both me and jared agree this is our number 1 priority. We've been in contact with the Riu Jalisco WC, Andrea, and she has informed us the only photographer premitted is Jose Arreola. Very nice gentleman (through emails) and his prices are REALLY reasonable. I just don't know. This is his site... tell me what you gals think and some constructive comments if you have any.

How did you decide on your photographer?

- Jose Arreola - Puerto Vallarta weddings Photographer

#2 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:13 AM

Melissa, I looked at the one wedding from the same resort you are going to and honestly-his work is out of focus and the colors seem off to me. this is my honest opinion. I think most of the girls have their photogs staying at the resort as a guest and they are officially counted as a guest at the wedding. It seems like that is the only way to do it.

As far as picking-when you look at their photos I truly believe you should be able to feel the emotion of the moment.
One of my friends who recently got married told me to look at the background of the pics, does the photog center the pics, avoid weird things in the background (like they guy you linked us to had tons of people in the background of their beach shoot), remember that you will study these pictures for years, think about what is going to bug you and that is something that would truly bug me.

my personal opinion is try to find someone you like and then make them a guest at your wedding?
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:14 AM

okay now I just looked at his most recent wedding-the focus and color is much better. I would say see if he can show you a recent wedding at your resort when you contact him
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:17 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgreen
    Hi gang

I just don't know what to do when it comes to picking a photographer. Both me and jared agree this is our number 1 priority. We've been in contact with the Riu Jalisco WC, Andrea, and she has informed us the only photographer premitted is Jose Arreola. Very nice gentleman (through emails) and his prices are REALLY reasonable. I just don't know. This is his site... tell me what you gals think and some constructive comments if you have any.

How did you decide on your photographer?

- Jose Arreola - Puerto Vallarta weddings Photographer
    Melissa, did you decide on a photographer??

#5 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,680 posts
    • LocationUtah

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:54 PM

Hey Amy!

By the sounds of it our friend the photographer is in Limbo with her life, so we're not depending on her. I booked Aldo for the 10th. His website recently got updated and I don't mind his work after all. He aso does videos now, so we may consider him for that. The one sample video he has on his site looked awsome.

Looks like you're getting alot of good resources for photogs. Keep up the good work. I'll have to check out your post in regards to your meeting with those 2 photographers.

#6 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:02 PM

Melissa, is Aldo from Studio P&V
      Hey Amy!

By the sounds of it our friend the photographer is in Limbo with her life, so we're not depending on her. I booked Aldo for the 10th. His website recently got updated and I don't mind his work after all. He aso does videos now, so we may consider him for that. The one sample video he has on his site looked awsome.

Looks like you're getting alot of good resources for photogs. Keep up the good work. I'll have to check out your post in regards to your meeting with those 2 photographers.

#7 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • LocationUtah

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:06 PM

I'm such a moron. I thought studeio PV was his company but it isnt. His website is
      Aldo Tovar Photographer

good luck

#8 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:10 PM

thanks! Now I have to update the list I made, I missed this one!

#9 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:11 PM

Do you mind PM-ing me with his prices?

#10 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,680 posts
          • LocationUtah

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:20 PM

No problem. I'm just hoping that it's not on my desk top back in Canada. I'll do my best and if it is mabe i'll get my mom to log on in canada.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users