19 replies to this topic

#11 Yvette

Yvette
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:33 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacqueline
    ok now that im droulinggg.

theres a dessert called "mud pie" ill get it for you. its pudding and cookies crushed. you put it in a beach bucket to look beachy, ever see that before? it sounds funny but is reallllyyyy cute! i have to jet but i will get pix and all that tomorrow if no one else does it befor eme (u BDW are on TOP of things!)
    that sounds good! i did see something like that, it was vanilla pudding with crushed graham crackers on top. it even had honey graham bears on the top with gummie life savers. too cute!!!

#12 LisaG

LisaG
    • VIP Member
    • 7,839 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:35 PM

I do. That was alot of food that you mentioned. Of course you also have to add desserts to the list.

#13 Carolyn

Carolyn
      • 1,235 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:41 PM

All that food sounds yummy!! If you wanted to you can add a quiche or a fritta? Also there is a fruit dip from Paula Deen that is so good. Very high in calories but worth it. If you wanted to try ...... It's below and it's very easy to make.....
        French Cream:
        1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
        1 cup powdered sugar
        1 cup whipping cream
        1/4 cup granulated sugar
        1 lemon, zested and juiced
        Pineapple juice

Soften cream cheese and then whip with powdered sugar. Whip cream and sugar together until it forms soft peaks. Combine beaten cream cheese, whipped cream, lemon juice and zest; continue to beat, adding just enough pineapple juice to achieve desired consistency. Serve with fresh fruit tray or fruit salad.

#14 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:42 PM

Maybe wrap sandwiches like tuna salad wraps, turkey wraps, chicken salad wraps, etc
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#15 Yvette

Yvette
          • 510 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:48 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by cja1976
            All that food sounds yummy!! If you wanted to you can add a quiche or a fritta? Also there is a fruit dip from Paula Deen that is so good. Very high in calories but worth it. If you wanted to try ...... It's below and it's very easy to make.....
            French Cream:
            1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
            1 cup powdered sugar
            1 cup whipping cream
            1/4 cup granulated sugar
            1 lemon, zested and juiced
            Pineapple juice

Soften cream cheese and then whip with powdered sugar. Whip cream and sugar together until it forms soft peaks. Combine beaten cream cheese, whipped cream, lemon juice and zest; continue to beat, adding just enough pineapple juice to achieve desired consistency. Serve with fresh fruit tray or fruit salad.
            ooh that recipe does sound good, thanks!

#16 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
            • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:02 PM

Ideas for desserts: Alot of people like cookies, brownies and cupcakes are a fave.

#17 Celina

Celina
              • Banned
              • 2,811 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:21 PM

It sounds like you have it all together - I usually do a theme when I do stuff. If its just for the girls, I would do some tea sandwiches on mini croissants, shrimp, a great dip with crackers,
                swedish meatballs, lemonade, wine, different flavors of cake or cupcakes, raspberry/lemon, carrot, chocolate, coffee with all the extras.

I don't want a bridal shower, but for my bach party, we are doing a chocolate fountain with dippers.
                "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#18 Copita

Copita
                • 979 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:44 AM

Okay. This thread has officially made me HUNGRY! :) Everything sounds so delicious!
                  You could always do a fruit salad, too. Not sure if that was mentioned, Yvette. :)

#19 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:59 AM

This is making me hungry too! Did you say how many people you are expecting? That's a good way to judge how much food you will need.

My BMs planned mine & did Mexican food, some catered some homemade. In your case I say the menu sounds good for meat-free, maybe a fruit salad and pasta salad or quiche (like was already mentioned), just to fill it out.

If it's in the budget crab salad sandwiches (on mini croissants a la Celina) would be a yummy and elegant addition.

#20 Yvette

Yvette
                    • 510 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:39 PM

a chocolate fountain would be awesome. i didn't even think of doing a fuit salad. i will put these on my list! thanks for all the great ideas ladies!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users