Photo

Splenda...is it good or bad?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:48 PM

sorry to burst your no calorie bubble... buttttt...

"Splenda/sucralose is simply chlorinated sugar; a chlorocarbon. Common chlorocarbons include carbon tetrachloride, trichlorethelene and methylene chloride, all deadly. Chlorine is nature's Doberman attack dog, a highly excitable, ferocious atomic element employed as a biocide in bleach, disinfectants, insecticide, WWI poison gas and hydrochloric acid.

"Sucralose is a molecule of sugar chemically manipulated to surrender three hydroxyl groups (hydrogen + oxygen) and replace them with three chlorine atoms. Natural sugar is a hydrocarbon built around 12 carbon atoms. When turned into Splenda it becomes a chlorocarbon, in the family of Chlorodane, Lindane and DDT.

Do the Makers of Splenda Know Something They Aren't Telling You?

watch that video and read the article... just another artificial sweetner thats doing more harm then good... stick to natural stuff like sugar in the raw

another intersting article

THE LETHAL SCIENCE OF SPLENDA

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:51 PM

Hmmm...I just sent this over to my FI. He has a PhD in Chemistry, I am very interested in what he has to say. I will let you all know.

#3 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:53 PM

eew, yuck, i cant even pronounce most of those word, let alone follow along the point they are trying to make. i have bridal-brain-fried syndrome.

#4 anaderoux

anaderoux
      • 3,220 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

I'm interested too Yari, I find this weird 'cause Splenda is supposed to be the best artificial sweetener, you can even take it while pregnant..

#5 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
        • 1,565 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:56 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Yari
          Hmmm...I just sent this over to my FI. He has a PhD in Chemistry, I am very interested in what he has to say. I will let you all know.
          please do.. :) ive been googling splenda all morning and yaaaa. it doesnt look good. its essentially worse then high fructose corn syrup which is HORRIBLE.. i havent had any of that in over a year...

Quote:
          Originally Posted by DougsGirl
          i have bridal-brain-fried syndrome.
          haha thats funny.

#6 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:56 PM

I've heard bad things about Splenda before too. Hmmm...let us know what your FI says Yari!

#7 Shay2679

Shay2679
            • 493 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

As a low carb diet follower, I swear by Splenda in the later cycles of the program. I would be VERY interested in anything your FI can find out or offer in addition to the original post Yari.

#8 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
              • 1,565 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:06 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Shay2679
                As a low carb diet follower, I swear by Splenda in the later cycles of the program. I would be VERY interested in anything your FI can find out or offer in addition to the original post Yari.
                oh no... dont get me started on how unhealthy the low carb diet is ;

#9 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                • VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:06 PM

Ah I recently heard about this, that splender isnt as good for you as people thought.

#10 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:24 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by anacgarcia
                    I'm interested too Yari, I find this weird 'cause Splenda is supposed to be the best artificial sweetener, you can even take it while pregnant..
                    Here is his statment:

What about dangerous chlorinated species such as sodium chloride.....aka salt.

Beyond that I'd have to do some research into the process, how strongly bound these chlorides are bound to backbone. The other species discussed are highly polar, which makes them more toxic. If the chlorinated sugar molecule is symmetrical, it is much less polar, and therefore less likely to be toxic. Plus I would think the FDA would have something to say about a new material on the market such as this. Just guessing.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users