Photo

Anyone ordered dresses from here?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 heather007

heather007
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:39 AM

Has anyone ordered their wedding dress from either: lilywedding.com or bridalonlinestore.com?I'm finding some amazing dresses at amazing prices there.

Thanks!!!!

~~

#2 adias.angel

adias.angel
    • 719 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:08 PM

There is a book called bridal bargins, amazing book BTW, which talks about dresses, prices and "knock offs". From what the books says most of the dresses you see by major designers are manufactured overs seas. My guess is these are knock off dresses.

So your next question is, is this bad? Actually depends on the person buying it. These "knock off" dresses are the same things you will see in a bridal store but instead of a designer label and extremely expensive material you will get no label and the cheaper versions of the material. So for example you won't get a satin dress you would get the fake satin; looks pretty much like the real stuff but you can get it wet without it staining. Which for me is perfect cause I plan to do a TTD with it.

There is a site Handmade Handicrafts Custom Wedding Dress for Retails, Small-Small Business that sells directly from overseas. Guess where I will be getting my dress from.

This help? If you have questions, let me know. Carla :)

#3 MrsFisher2B

MrsFisher2B
      • 104 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:41 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Heather007
        Has anyone ordered their wedding dress from either: lilywedding.com or bridalonlinestore.com?I'm finding some amazing dresses at amazing prices there.

Thanks!!!!

~~
        Thanks for mentioning these sites! They really are inexpensive! (my kind of shopping Do you think you're going to order from there?

#4 MrsFisher2B

MrsFisher2B
        • 104 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:18 PM

I found a dress on bridalonlinestore.com. I'm pretty sure I'm going to order it! Even if I don't like it, they take returns...or there's always ebay Thanks again!

#5 ~St.T Bride~

~St.T Bride~
          • 128 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:22 PM

I'd love to find out if you actually do...let me know how it turns out!

#6 MrsFisher2B

MrsFisher2B
            • 104 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:44 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mddugas
              I'd love to find out if you actually do...let me know how it turns out!
              my fiance and I are planning for a 02/10/2010 date too! I'll definitely keep you posted as to whether or not I order.

#7 Kelly C

Kelly C
              • 2,051 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:59 AM

I ordered mine from Bridalonlinestore. It was beautiful but two sizes to big. So I had to send it back. They were out of stock of the size I needed to I have to wait until July for it to ship. No big deal. they are knocks offs but for me thats no big deal. I plan on doing the TTD so if something happens to it I wont freak out. The comany is in Cinn. OH. They have a distributor in Kentucky.
                Oh buy the way I got the "Haley"
                Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#8 MrsFisher2B

MrsFisher2B
                • 104 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by 2008bride
                  I ordered mine from Bridalonlinestore. It was beautiful but two sizes to big. So I had to send it back. They were out of stock of the size I needed to I have to wait until July for it to ship. No big deal. they are knocks offs but for me thats no big deal. I plan on doing the TTD so if something happens to it I wont freak out. The comany is in Cinn. OH. They have a distributor in Kentucky.
                  Oh buy the way I got the "Haley"
                  Good to know! So do you think their sizing chart is a bit off? I am in love with the "Chloe" dress!

#9 Kelly C

Kelly C
                  • 2,051 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:31 PM

Not sure...I am a bit busty so I ordered for that and I could still spin around in the dress. Even with it completely laced up in the back. they are great about giving your a return code as long as you call within the three days so i would just go with your best instincts. Or may ask who ever is going to alter it what they think. My girl was on vacation when I ordered mine. When I called her to tell her how big it was and asked what to do she was like OMG! That is way to big.
                    Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#10 JC0721

JC0721
                    • Banned
                    • 74 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by adias.angel
                      There is a book called bridal bargins, amazing book BTW, which talks about dresses, prices and "knock offs". From what the books says most of the dresses you see by major designers are manufactured overs seas. My guess is these are knock off dresses.

So your next question is, is this bad? Actually depends on the person buying it. These "knock off" dresses are the same things you will see in a bridal store but instead of a designer label and extremely expensive material you will get no label and the cheaper versions of the material. So for example you won't get a satin dress you would get the fake satin; looks pretty much like the real stuff but you can get it wet without it staining. Which for me is perfect cause I plan to do a TTD with it.

There is a site Handmade Handicrafts Custom Wedding Dress for Retails, Small-Small Business that sells directly from overseas. Guess where I will be getting my dress from.

This help? If you have questions, let me know. Carla :)

This is AWESOME information! Thanks, ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users