Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
heather007

Anyone ordered dresses from here?

Recommended Posts

Has anyone ordered their wedding dress from either: lilywedding.com or bridalonlinestore.com?I'm finding some amazing dresses at amazing prices there.

 

Thanks!!!!

 

~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a book called bridal bargins, amazing book BTW, which talks about dresses, prices and "knock offs". From what the books says most of the dresses you see by major designers are manufactured overs seas. My guess is these are knock off dresses.

 

So your next question is, is this bad? Actually depends on the person buying it. These "knock off" dresses are the same things you will see in a bridal store but instead of a designer label and extremely expensive material you will get no label and the cheaper versions of the material. So for example you won't get a satin dress you would get the fake satin; looks pretty much like the real stuff but you can get it wet without it staining. Which for me is perfect cause I plan to do a TTD with it.

 

There is a site Handmade Handicrafts Custom Wedding Dress for Retails, Small-Small Business that sells directly from overseas. Guess where I will be getting my dress from. monkey.gif

 

This help? If you have questions, let me know. Carla :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather007 View Post
Has anyone ordered their wedding dress from either: lilywedding.com or bridalonlinestore.com?I'm finding some amazing dresses at amazing prices there.

Thanks!!!!

~~
Thanks for mentioning these sites! They really are inexpensive! (my kind of shopping wink.gif Do you think you're going to order from there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by mddugas View Post
I'd love to find out if you actually do...let me know how it turns out!
my fiance and I are planning for a 02/10/2010 date too! I'll definitely keep you posted as to whether or not I order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered mine from Bridalonlinestore. It was beautiful but two sizes to big. So I had to send it back. They were out of stock of the size I needed to I have to wait until July for it to ship. No big deal. they are knocks offs but for me thats no big deal. I plan on doing the TTD so if something happens to it I wont freak out. The comany is in Cinn. OH. They have a distributor in Kentucky.

Oh buy the way I got the "Haley"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008bride View Post
I ordered mine from Bridalonlinestore. It was beautiful but two sizes to big. So I had to send it back. They were out of stock of the size I needed to I have to wait until July for it to ship. No big deal. they are knocks offs but for me thats no big deal. I plan on doing the TTD so if something happens to it I wont freak out. The comany is in Cinn. OH. They have a distributor in Kentucky.
Oh buy the way I got the "Haley"
Good to know! So do you think their sizing chart is a bit off? I am in love with the "Chloe" dress!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure...I am a bit busty so I ordered for that and I could still spin around in the dress. Even with it completely laced up in the back. they are great about giving your a return code as long as you call within the three days so i would just go with your best instincts. Or may ask who ever is going to alter it what they think. My girl was on vacation when I ordered mine. When I called her to tell her how big it was and asked what to do she was like OMG! That is way to big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by adias.angel View Post
There is a book called bridal bargins, amazing book BTW, which talks about dresses, prices and "knock offs". From what the books says most of the dresses you see by major designers are manufactured overs seas. My guess is these are knock off dresses.

So your next question is, is this bad? Actually depends on the person buying it. These "knock off" dresses are the same things you will see in a bridal store but instead of a designer label and extremely expensive material you will get no label and the cheaper versions of the material. So for example you won't get a satin dress you would get the fake satin; looks pretty much like the real stuff but you can get it wet without it staining. Which for me is perfect cause I plan to do a TTD with it.

There is a site Handmade Handicrafts Custom Wedding Dress for Retails, Small-Small Business that sells directly from overseas. Guess where I will be getting my dress from. monkey.gif

This help? If you have questions, let me know. Carla :)

This is AWESOME information! Thanks, ladies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×