Photo

1st Wedding Dress Shopping Today

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 heather007

heather007
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:09 PM

Have a blast. I live in the middle of no where, so we never have anything like that. We have like three dress shops, and they all have the same dresses!!!!

~~

#12 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
    • 2,183 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:10 PM

Have a great time!

#13 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
      • VIP Member
      • 3,160 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:26 PM

YAY have fun! Go in ther eopen minded and try all styles on b/c you never know. Wear comfy clothes and be patient!

#14 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:47 PM

wear boyshorts unless you want the helpers to see your bum-cheeks, and a strapless bra if you have one :)

#15 JennyK

JennyK
        • 3,502 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 03:32 PM

I can't believe they won't let you take pics! Anywho, let us know how it went.. good luck :):):)

#16 kellywinter1

kellywinter1
          • 305 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:37 PM

Yeah!!!! your going to have so much fun! Try everything on! You may be surprised with what you like and don't like when you actually try it on! Have FUN!!!!

#17 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
            • 672 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:58 AM

Well, that wasn't an emotional day! Holy Moly...it wasn't even supposed to be a real dress shopping day but a "work" day my girlfriend told me. NOT! At the two stores, I probably tried on 25 dresses and burst into tears (or she did which started me again) at least 5 times. She was right though, it is work (was better than being at real work), but we did figure out which styles look good on my figure which is why we went before the big day next Saturday with Mom and the Girls.

I found to be very strange that the ladies won't leave you in the room at all so you can't even discuss the dress or the price openly which is obviously so you don't take pictures. So there was no sneaking a camera phone pic which I thought would happen.

I did fall in love with an Amsale dress....now I am just teetering on the price tag (veils are over $1000...ouch, I had no idea).

Do you recommend alterations at the store or finding a seamstress to do it (charging $450, is this in the right range)? Anyone know a less expensive place to buy Kenneth Pool for Amsale thank Saks?

#18 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:04 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by kerryjbrown
              I did fall in love with an Amsale dress....now I am just teetering on the price tag (veils are over $1000...ouch, I had no idea).
              the best bit of advice i can give you is DO NOT BUY AN EXPENSIVE VEIL!

first fall in love with a veil. get as many pics as possible of the style. 2nd, check out OccanseyDesigns Custom Wedding Veils - OBridal.com and have kathy make one for you! you will save SO much money and it will be just as lovely as any overpriced veil you find in a store. a LOT of us BDW girls have bought veils from her. search "occansey" in the forum search and you will see :)

#19 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
              • 672 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:28 PM

Thanks for the advice...I will check with them on pricing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users