Shaw Park Beach Hotel Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Banana11

• VIP Member
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:58 AM

Hello! We are coming into Ocho Rios via RCCL Freedom of the Seas. We had trouble finding a resort where we could have our ceremony because we won't be staying as resort guests for the week. Anyone have experience with Shaw Park Beach Hotel? I have been working with their planner and she is super helpful and quick to respond. Just wondering if anyone has been there before? It's kinda scary booking a place based on a few photos and conversations! Thanks!

#2 PrecisePlans

• 802 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:37 PM

i believe that I saw that resort from the outside briefly while I traveled up that way to do a photoshoot. Honestly, from the outside, it doesn't look that great, but most of the places in Jamaica are very charming and have a wonderful feel to them once you step inside. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for. If I'm thinking of the correct place, it is not very large at all and doesn't look all that modern, but it had a rustic, intimate charm. Maybe someone else can chime in. HTH

#3 Kelly C

Kelly C
      • 2,051 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

I stayed there probably about rem years ago. It was okay then. Sorry i'm not much help,
        Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#4 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:28 AM

I had friends that stayed there 2 years ago for 3 nights and they would NEVER go back again! Sorry.

#5 Banana11

• VIP Member
          • 8,841 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

Yikes! I appreciate your honesty about the place. The only difference I can think of is that we aren't staying there as guests but simply using their facilities for our wedding. But hearing it wasn't great is scary! Hmmm... Has anyone heard anything about using Tropical Weddings Jamaica as a planning company?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users