Help, baby shower cake sayings

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 JulieG

JulieG
  • VIP Member
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:23 AM

I am making a cake for a shower. The baby is already here and her name is Sofia. I have only done cakes in the past when the baby is not here yet, so I am stumped as to what to put on the cake.

It will have little hand prints all over it and the idea's I have so far are:

Little fingers, little toes
    everyday our love for you grows

Little hands and little feet
    Baby Soifa is oh so sweet

But I would love to have some more. Any one have any? They can be funny or cute. Any help is appreciated. I checked the usual sites already, like babyshowercentral, etc..

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:26 AM

No help here, but I wanted to say that I thought your two ideas you have so far are adorable.

#3 JulieG

JulieG
      • VIP Member
      • 8,323 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:33 AM

Thank you Tammy, if I can't get any more idea's by the end of the day I will go with one of these. I like them, I just don't think they are the one yet. lol Know what I mean.

#4 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:46 AM

Yeah I know what you mean, but I actually really like those, so I don't think the parents would be disappointed

#5 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:47 AM

I like the first one, its similar to the baby annoucement saying I am going to use.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:53 AM

Did you want to make this thread a poll? Maybe with your two choices and then a third one where people can add their own?

#7 JulieG

JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:01 AM

I don't think I need a poll only because the host will have the final say in what she wants, so really I just need idea's to give to her. Thank you though.

#8 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:03 AM

what about something like "Welcome to the World little Sofia"

#9 JulieG

JulieG
              • VIP Member
              • 8,323 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:08 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Maura
                what about something like "Welcome to the World little Sofia"
                That was my original thought, but she did not seem to want that, she wanted something with a little more oomph to it. She had this shower planned for before the baby and the mom had complications and went on bed rest. The cake she wanted then was from another shower I made the cake for and it said "Goodbye Tummy Hello Mummy" She loved that and is sad she can't use it now. lol So I need something fun and cute like that for this cake. Ultimately she will not care that much what it says, but I want it to make her really happy. Does that make sense?

#10 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,752 posts
                • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:12 AM

this lady sounds kinda picky, does she realize you are a cake baker and not a poet? haha did she give you any ideas or does she just want you to come up with it? why cant she reuse the other saying? because she is double dipping guests from the last one?

have you tried googling baby shower cakes and baby shower cake sayings?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users