Required blood testing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 blondie

• 19 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:21 AM

I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the required blood tests for Mexico. My fiance is concerned about the safety of having a foreign doctor take his blood but I told him it was totally safe, everyone had to do it, and he had nothing to worry about. My fiance is from a developing country and is accustomed to needles, etc being re-used and doctors being shady. I hope I haven't offended anyone but I had to ask. Thanks

#2 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:34 AM

I have not had mine yet, but I have heard it is a piece of cake.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#3 JODEY

• 344 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:37 AM

Hi there,

I'm not offended @ all ! These things happen unfortunatly and this is something I also have thought about as DH and I are also marrying leagaly in Mexico but like you say it is very routine in Mexico. The way I see it is make sure you see the doctor take out a brand new needle from a sealed packet, that way you know its a brand new needle and I think thats the only thing you can do, personally I hav't heard any horror stories but I'm with you on your thoughts.

#4 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:50 AM

My friends have done it and it was fine - her hubby works at a hospital and so was freaking out about it lol

She said it was over in 5 mins and a piece of cake!

#5 blondie

• 19 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

Thanks everyone. Hopefully that makes my fiance feel better :)

#6 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:59 PM

hi jodey,
              great info bout the blood tests.hopefully you will be able to give me lots of other advice being a local girl hehe.

i,m from mansfield and get married in february in riviera maya i can not wait.

#7 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
              • 256 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:14 PM

We just had our blood tests for our wedding and it was quick and painless! As Jodie said, just make sure that the needle comes from a sealed package.

Honestly, I was really worried about the blood testing but it was very professional and really fast. Tell your FI that he has nothing to worry about!
                Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
                My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users