Photo

Required blood testing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 blondie

blondie
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:21 AM

I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the required blood tests for Mexico. My fiance is concerned about the safety of having a foreign doctor take his blood but I told him it was totally safe, everyone had to do it, and he had nothing to worry about. My fiance is from a developing country and is accustomed to needles, etc being re-used and doctors being shady. I hope I haven't offended anyone but I had to ask. Thanks

#2 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:34 AM

I have not had mine yet, but I have heard it is a piece of cake.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#3 JODEY

JODEY
      • 344 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:37 AM

Hi there,

I'm not offended @ all ! These things happen unfortunatly and this is something I also have thought about as DH and I are also marrying leagaly in Mexico but like you say it is very routine in Mexico. The way I see it is make sure you see the doctor take out a brand new needle from a sealed packet, that way you know its a brand new needle and I think thats the only thing you can do, personally I hav't heard any horror stories but I'm with you on your thoughts.

#4 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
        • 2,262 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:50 AM

My friends have done it and it was fine - her hubby works at a hospital and so was freaking out about it lol

She said it was over in 5 mins and a piece of cake!

#5 blondie

blondie
          • 19 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

Thanks everyone. Hopefully that makes my fiance feel better :)

#6 shellk

shellk
            • 1,784 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:59 PM

hi jodey,
              great info bout the blood tests.hopefully you will be able to give me lots of other advice being a local girl hehe.

i,m from mansfield and get married in february in riviera maya i can not wait.

#7 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
              • 256 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:14 PM

We just had our blood tests for our wedding and it was quick and painless! As Jodie said, just make sure that the needle comes from a sealed package.

Honestly, I was really worried about the blood testing but it was very professional and really fast. Tell your FI that he has nothing to worry about!
                Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
                My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users