Kona Hot spots for Photgraphy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chris van atta

chris van atta
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:28 PM

Things are going well and the doors are opening for me to move to Kona Hawaii for a passion of my to be an instructor for students discovering photography,,, and to take it around the world,, but never living in the islands and leaving my comfort zone as a wedding photographer and coming to new turf ,, i need help in discovering hot spots for creating images,, and well i know its hawaii and it should not be hard,, but i aslo live by the saying No man;s an Island,, any help or discoveries or experinces will be appreciated,,, chris

#2 Jtds2713

• 714 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:11 PM

Hi Chris,

Are you looking for hot spots for Oahu as well? Here are a few that comes to mind:

Lanai Lookout
      Manana or Rabbit Island Lookout
      Hoomaluhia Botanical GArdens
      Kualoa Ranch
      Molii Gardens

We are having a legal wedding and photoshoot in Oahu in August. I would also appreciate any input from you on Hot Spots for Photography in Oahu.

#3 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:14 PM

I am getting married in Kona in September so i can help you out after Sept if you still need some cool spots!

#4 chris van atta

chris van atta
        • 20 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:00 AM

Im all ears ! for new discoveries and places of beauty,, Thanks for the notes,, i will need to get to know the island once i move,, and your advice im sure will help tremendously, i do love adventure in personally finding those choice places with lighting and composition, its part of the thrill of the hunt,, Congratuations Alyssa ,, seeing your profile you make a great looking couple,, im anxious to hear how , how awsome its going to be for you there,,, look foward to your images,,, chris

#5 chris van atta

chris van atta
          • 20 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:06 AM

thanks for sharing also,, i will have to check those places out,, RAbbit Island sounds famliar,, i grew up as a young teenager in Oahu, but was really limited to the military base in kanehoe,, although we did drive around alot,, but i was only interested in surfing,, hint that i became a surf photographer a few yrs back on the east ,, and its kinda ,my style now in photography,, anyway,, i cant wait to see the palm trees again,, look fowrd to hearing more form you all,, chris

#6 xxashleyxx007

• 227 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! I am the maid of honor for my best friends wedding in Kona in January, so this will be a big help to the photographer. I am also a photographer and will be doing a couples session while there so it's SUPER helpful since I have never been here. I will have to google those spots, but if anyone else can shed some light on spots, please do! Thanks all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users