Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb0arder13 View Post
Hello all you beautiful ladies! Man you have been CHATTY! I just spent the last hour trying to catch up on all that I missed. I took the last week off of work, and spent the entire time laying hardwood floors and painting my house. I am EXHAUSTED! Today is my first real day off and I plan on spending the entire thing in my pajammies, my booty firmly planted on the couch. My two dogs are keeping me company :)

So I'm most likely no longer an Azul Beach bride, either. They are giving us the run-around on the construction plans. First they told us that construction would begin in August and go through Feb/March 2011. Then they said nope...we're going to try to get done in time for Christmas....we'll have the final construction plans done on Wednesday (two days ago). Wednesday rolled around, and they said they needed more time to finalize plans. I'm just over it all. My biggest fear is that even if they say they'll be done by Christmas, they'll go over and my wedding would be smack dab in the middle of construction.

My TA asked for a quote for Sensatori, and they were "kind" enough to give us a "great" deal...$7 cheaper per person than our quote at Azul Beach. That's right, $7. There's no zero missing :) AS looks like a stunning resort, but honestly I'm just so mad at Karisma right now for this run-around I want to wash my hands of them.

So...not sure where I'll be getting married, but it will be somewhere in the Riviera Maya (since we've already booked our flights). You ladies have been the BEST support system, and I will definitely keep reading this thread to see all of the upcoming brides' weddings. Good luck to everyone!!!
I'm really sorry to hear this! I'm hoping that you are able to relocate smoothly and with the least amount of stress possible! I mentioned this to gingerlover as well.....would you be willing to consider one of the smaller El Dorado's, that is if you don't have children in your party? I'm sorry and I hope this all works out even better than your AB plans in the end!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I LOVE the pictures of your ceremony location Nicole! It looked very quaint, personable, and intimate! Nice!

 

I'm really excited today ladies!!! We had our first two guest book last night and why that excites me so much, I have no clue.....but for some reason it validated our resort plans and made it seem so much more real that there is more than just us going! :-)

 

And also, DO NOT ask me why I am so juiced about this.....but I am! I got that little Full Member banner on the side today and it made me feel all BDW.com official! LOL I guess it's the little things in life! smile29.gif

 

Happy 4th of July weekend Ladies!!! smile123.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright.....I've got a secret that I know you ladies can appreciate! I did a bedroom shoot, which I believe you ladies refer to as a BD shoot, when FI and I first got engaged. I want to put a book together for him or frame them for him somehow. I just got the WHOLE cd back and it took some time since it wasn't a professional job. My friend who moonlights as a photog and is trying to break into the industry shot them. I want to share them with you, but I don't know where the best place is to upload them for you to see. I cannot post them here because of my profession.....but let me know where to upload them and I will share!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can upload them onto Snapfish or Photobucket.com and email or PM us the link and then take them down in a week or so after we've all seen them.

 

How exciting! Weren't those fun pictures?! I really would do that again, I had such a blast doing it and DH cried when they were delivered to him wedding day by my MOH :) Strange reaction but he loved them none the less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.H View Post
Hey Ladies,

We are getting married at Azul Sensatori on either nov. 16 or 17, 2010 - just waiting for confirmation. We are doing a destination wedding to keep the costs low and have a great vacation at the same time.

I'm just wondering who's getting the silver package and who's getting gold - and what you might be adding to your costs or upgrading?

Do these packages include dj? I see a lot of people saying they will be renting equipment? Is the reception included in your package?

Thanks in advance, i'm looking forward to hearing what everyone is planning!
WHOO HOO!!! CONGRATS!! I am getting married at a different resort (but they let me tag along on here), so I don't have those answers. BUT I will say that after I did the math, I was better off doing the free package and adding everything al a carte. I also didn't like some of the things in the "packages," so that seemed like a waste of money. Also, if you are planning on bringing your own photog, that will make difference in what package you choose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post
That makes me feel so much better...everyone is doing all of these amazing big group things...and I'm reading and I'm like I want to do that...but realizing it doesn't make sense with such a small group. I just read your planning thread...I love it :) I'm perfectly happy doing just the small dinner and then maybe hanging out in the bar...
I'll probably be asking you all kinds of questions in the next few months :)
Thanx!
It's whatever makes YOU happy!!! Everyone is different, and we love seeing all the different types of weddings, etc on here! It's crazy how you can make a couple resorts/locations look soooo many different ways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
Well, I was supposed to have my ceremony on the beach, but it got cancelled due to weather conditions. They tried to stick us in the hallway of building 3, but since we were such a small group my photog got them to agree to set up on the terrace of zavaz.

Ceremony set up (completely last minute)
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

We winged the dinner. During our on site meeting they told me that they would let us do our dinner at Siena since we were such a small group. When we got there they had arranged for us to have our own private room. Small room, but I appreciated it. We had our own servers in the room for the whole time and they even went over and above by entertaining us with the tradition of tequila poppers. It was a blast. We were there until after 9pm and I think we scheduled dinner for around 5pm.

Here was the room for the dinner:
Click the image to open in full size.

I'll PM you a link of some pics!


If I missed anything let me know!!
AWWW these are beautiful! ANd sooo intimate! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb0arder13 View Post
Hello all you beautiful ladies! Man you have been CHATTY! I just spent the last hour trying to catch up on all that I missed. I took the last week off of work, and spent the entire time laying hardwood floors and painting my house. I am EXHAUSTED! Today is my first real day off and I plan on spending the entire thing in my pajammies, my booty firmly planted on the couch. My two dogs are keeping me company :)

So I'm most likely no longer an Azul Beach bride, either. They are giving us the run-around on the construction plans. First they told us that construction would begin in August and go through Feb/March 2011. Then they said nope...we're going to try to get done in time for Christmas....we'll have the final construction plans done on Wednesday (two days ago). Wednesday rolled around, and they said they needed more time to finalize plans. I'm just over it all. My biggest fear is that even if they say they'll be done by Christmas, they'll go over and my wedding would be smack dab in the middle of construction.

My TA asked for a quote for Sensatori, and they were "kind" enough to give us a "great" deal...$7 cheaper per person than our quote at Azul Beach. That's right, $7. There's no zero missing :) AS looks like a stunning resort, but honestly I'm just so mad at Karisma right now for this run-around I want to wash my hands of them.

So...not sure where I'll be getting married, but it will be somewhere in the Riviera Maya (since we've already booked our flights). You ladies have been the BEST support system, and I will definitely keep reading this thread to see all of the upcoming brides' weddings. Good luck to everyone!!!
Sorry girl! But it's better that you are not stress and not getting married at a resort that you are mad at. That will just make for a horrible planning experience. There are sooooo many resorts in the Cancun/Riviera Maya area! I know you will find one you love. Let us know if we can help you! AND you are welcome to stay on the thread! I am not getting married at AS, but still bug you guys! wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
I'm really sorry to hear this! I'm hoping that you are able to relocate smoothly and with the least amount of stress possible! I mentioned this to gingerlover as well.....would you be willing to consider one of the smaller El Dorado's, that is if you don't have children in your party? I'm sorry and I hope this all works out even better than your AB plans in the end!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
I LOVE the pictures of your ceremony location Nicole! It looked very quaint, personable, and intimate! Nice!

I'm really excited today ladies!!! We had our first two guest book last night and why that excites me so much, I have no clue.....but for some reason it validated our resort plans and made it seem so much more real that there is more than just us going! :-)

And also, DO NOT ask me why I am so juiced about this.....but I am! I got that little Full Member banner on the side today and it made me feel all BDW.com official! LOL I guess it's the little things in life! smile29.gif

Happy 4th of July weekend Ladies!!! smile123.gif
No that is completely normal!! I was so excited about my banners too!!! Hopefully I can get to senior member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
It's the little things that do it, I get excited with every new banner I get, I can't wait for my 3rd!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
You can upload them onto Snapfish or Photobucket.com and email or PM us the link and then take them down in a week or so after we've all seen them.

How exciting! Weren't those fun pictures?! I really would do that again, I had such a blast doing it and DH cried when they were delivered to him wedding day by my MOH :) Strange reaction but he loved them none the less.
My book is "in process" right now! I will let you guys see it when it's done! I did some really cool editing (myself) because she made me look too tan in the pictures. SO, hopefully, they will turn out good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
You can upload them onto Snapfish or Photobucket.com and email or PM us the link and then take them down in a week or so after we've all seen them.

How exciting! Weren't those fun pictures?! I really would do that again, I had such a blast doing it and DH cried when they were delivered to him wedding day by my MOH :) Strange reaction but he loved them none the less.
Okay, I uploaded them to Snapfish and I will pm you the link. If anyone else wants to see them, just pm me and I'll send the link over!

It was exciting but I was sooooooo nervous!!! I had a shot of Patron and two glasses of red wine to get me amp'ed up to do it! And even then you will see this nervous tense look on my face at times. I just kept thinking how excited FI would be to know I thought enough of him to do something special that took me out my normal box. :-) It was so hard to just let myself go and while my friend was really comfy and funny during the shoot, I kept finding myself trying to stay covered up! It was weird, almost like I didn't want to offend him by flashing him! LOL I went to HS with his wife and I kept trying to be "respectful" of her. LOL They are by no means the best of work and he's just starting out and I think it shows in some of the photos (or maybe it was just me). :-) Check 'em out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
My book is "in process" right now! I will let you guys see it when it's done! I did some really cool editing (myself) because she made me look too tan in the pictures. SO, hopefully, they will turn out good!
Can't wait to see your book! Your pix were soooo hot girl, Ryan's gonna die :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
Okay, I uploaded them to Snapfish and I will pm you the link. If anyone else wants to see them, just pm me and I'll send the link over!

It was exciting but I was sooooooo nervous!!! I had a shot of Patron and two glasses of red wine to get me amp'ed up to do it! And even then you will see this nervous tense look on my face at times. I just kept thinking how excited FI would be to know I thought enough of him to do something special that took me out my normal box. :-) It was so hard to just let myself go and while my friend was really comfy and funny during the shoot, I kept finding myself trying to stay covered up! It was weird, almost like I didn't want to offend him by flashing him! LOL I went to HS with his wife and I kept trying to be "respectful" of her. LOL They are by no means the best of work and he's just starting out and I think it shows in some of the photos (or maybe it was just me). :-) Check 'em out!
Just saw them and wrote you back with my favorites! I love them, I don't think you look nervous at all, I think you're a very pretty girl and your FI is going to adore them!

How funny, I had a patron shot and I think 2-3 glasses of wine... my shoot was over 4 hours long! I brought my BF with me who convinced me to go topless and eventually naked... don't know how she managed that one but I'm happy I did it. That photo ended up going on my photographers blog smile41.gif you can't see my face or any parts but I think I fell out of my chairs when someone pointed that out. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
I LOVE the pictures of your ceremony location Nicole! It looked very quaint, personable, and intimate! Nice!

I'm really excited today ladies!!! We had our first two guest book last night and why that excites me so much, I have no clue.....but for some reason it validated our resort plans and made it seem so much more real that there is more than just us going! :-)

And also, DO NOT ask me why I am so juiced about this.....but I am! I got that little Full Member banner on the side today and it made me feel all BDW.com official! LOL I guess it's the little things in life! smile29.gif

Happy 4th of July weekend Ladies!!! smile123.gif
That's not strange at all. I cannot wait to hit full member status but I fear that it won't happen until after my wedding. sad.gif Speaking of, today I am exactly 100 days out! Whoa hooo...better get down to work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Just saw them and wrote you back with my favorites! I love them, I don't think you look nervous at all, I think you're a very pretty girl and your FI is going to adore them!

How funny, I had a patron shot and I think 2-3 glasses of wine... my shoot was over 4 hours long! I brought my BF with me who convinced me to go topless and eventually naked... don't know how she managed that one but I'm happy I did it. That photo ended up going on my photographers blog smile41.gif you can't see my face or any parts but I think I fell out of my chairs when someone pointed that out. :)
Thanks so much Amy! I hope he loves them! I'm sure Lindz's will be beautiful!!!! I couldn't go naked because I have way toooooo many pounds to drop! LOL Even when I was totally nude, I found myself clutching the sheet for dear life! LOL I kept telling the photog, "DO NOT get my cellulite!" So I'm sure he felt creatively limited with me. I would have loved to be a little self-consious but I figured oh well, at least I tried it. LOL But thanks, I'm looking forward to making the book for FI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
That's not strange at all. I cannot wait to hit full member status but I fear that it won't happen until after my wedding. sad.gif Speaking of, today I am exactly 100 days out! Whoa hooo...better get down to work!
The OFFICIAL 100 day countdown!!!! Go girl! :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How many people in your group?  
    • We chose to have our wedding at Fiesta so our review is broken down into categories. We have visited multiple Mexican vacation spots to include playa del carmen, cabo san lucas, Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta. We traveled with a group of 35, mostly adults. We had such a great experience and we will definitely go back to Fiesta American Condesa Cancun!!!!    Resort- this was a good size resort, I liked that It was not too big. We didn’t see any of the shows they offer but we did enjoy the pool every day. It was awesome that they had a live dj playing music and fun games to keep us entertained. The bars were all in good locations, we spent a lot of time at the main lobby bar because it stayed open late. They had bands, silent disco, game competitions, etc. every night all very fun and lively!   Room- We stayed in a junior sweet which had ocean view and was absolutely beautiful. Very spacious bathroom, we had a second bathroom in the living room in addition to a breakfast area.    Food- the buffet had a smaller selection of food than we usually see at all-inclusive resorts however the quality of the food was much better!! The ceviche bar outside had amazing fish or shrimp tacos and provides a nice view of the ocean.    Staff- The cleaning staff was great, our room was tidy and organized every day. The bar staff was very friendly and attentive. Yes, we did tip and did so often to ensure they kept coming around. After our wedding, it seemed all staff members knew us by name everywhere we went. We were treated so kindly everywhere!  There were two staff members who played a special role in our vacation, Blanca and Magda. They both were delightful and treated us just like family. Yes, they were awesome to my ENTIRE group.    Venue- We chose to have our ceremony and cocktail hour on the lower pool garden followed by reception on the lower pool deck. Beautiful views for both areas!!! Unfortunately, it rained so we ended up in the ballroom.    Wedding package- We chose the Corazon package and I love what the hotel had to offer. For my personal choice, it was between this package and one at dreams resort but I ultimately decided on this one after reviews from other brides and pictures I looked at. If you are on the fence about a destination wedding I say DO IT!! You can’t beat all inclusive, it really eliminates half the stress of planning a wedding. We had cocktail hour with margaritas, a 3 course dinner, a beautiful cake, and of course open bar. We did not opt for any of the add ons. I did bring my own décor such as table runners, Chinese lanterns, center pieces, bubbles, fans, etc.  The floral arrangements and my boquet were beautiful!!! Exactly as I imagined. My cake was also very pretty and looked just like the one I sent to my coordinator from pinterest.    Wedding coordinator- My wedding coordinator, Violeta Cambranes, was truly amazing!! We communicated mostly through email and a few calls right before wedding time. She was very timely and thorough with our plans. We met with her the day before the wedding. She showed us around and we did our food tasting as well as my trial for hair/make up. She is so personable and really felt like one of my friends throughout this process which is nice to have when you’re leaving such an important day in someone’s hands. I sent her pictures of what I envisioned (wedding colors, floral arrangements, table décor, etc.) and she made it all come to life. Because we ended up having to hold our wedding instead, Violeta was able to make accommodations for us which we are truly grateful for!! She was attentive the entire week we were there and we had no bumps in the road!    Rehearsal Dinner- we had dinner for about 15 people in the Mexican restaurant. The food was great and of course the staff was attentive. I do wish we had the opportunity to choose our own meal but still enjoyed it none the less.    Spa- we received a couples massage and it was perfect. Steam room, sauna, hot tub, and massage. So relaxing!! We also received a second massage on our shoulders one of the days we were there. A spa therapist came to our cabana while we relaxed and drank mimosas.    Date- we got married first week of October. I knew it was one of the rainiest months of the year but I was willing to take the change because it was offseason. I’m so glad that I did!! The rooms and the flights were extremely inexpensive. Also, the resort was not packed at all! There was a comfortable amount of people compared to when we usually travel in the summer. The weather was not too hot but it did rain 3/7 days we were there. Mosquitos were also still in full force so would recommend bug spray.   Photographer- my photographer, Mike Cantarall,  overall was great! He captured all the great moments of the wedding. The highlight video was truly perfect!! I will say it did take extremely long to obtain my pictures (7 weeks when expected turn-around time was supposed to be 7 days). I wish we could have had a discussion prior to wedding day. I don’t love a lot of the poses and he did ask me if there was anything specific I wanted  (while on the beach taking pictures) but in the moment I couldn’t think of exactly what I wanted. In hind sight, I would have asked for more close up, more poses as bride and groom, and for my dress to not be scrunched up. With that being said, I was still pleased with the turn-out of my photos.    DJ- our DJ was AudioCancun. Very pricey!!! But we did not have an option for vendor. He did a great job! He truly recognized the vibe of the group and played the best music to keep the party going! We did give him some specific songs which he played them all.    Make-up- My make up and hair was done by Anastacio Brides. I loved my look!! I showed them pictures from pinterest and it came out exactly how I wanted. After different areas of my face were done, my make-up artist would show me in the mirror to see if it was on track with what I wanted. They were so nice and I enjoyed their company while getting ready for my big day.   Travel- to and from hotel we used Happy Shuttle. They have great rates and I trusted them based on the reviews I read. I bought a garment back and carried my dress in my hands the entire way there and back! (yes even through all the flights). We ended up taking 4 suitscases between the two of us and also had some of our family members pack things for us.    Boat- Our group took a triple decker boat, Dancer Cruise, to Isla Mujeres. It was a full day of fun, accommodating both kids and adults. We snorkeled, we ate lunch, and we danced! The slide and diving board were pretty fun! The staff was lively and the boat was not very packed so that was nice. They did give us a group rate when I emailed them directly.   
    • Congratulations to Wedding Planners and Families of Bride and Groom. Cheapfaremart, an Orlando based Online Travel Agency offers Cheap Group Flights for Wedding Group also.
    • Thanks! I would love to get quotes from a TA but as I said I have a hard time finding a specialized one in Canada. I hope someone can point me to the right direction. 
    • The use of TA is instrumental in booking a destination wedding for several reasons: Namely, TAs have special rates and promos they can offer you, including perks of complimentary rooms and upgrades. Wright Travel actually has a Bride & Groom Fly Free Promo, which gives couples up to $1,000 cash back. These are perks you can take advantage of by working with a TA. Also, most agencies also do not charge any service fee, so you are essentially having the expertise and convenience of a travel agent without paying a dime. Experienced agents will also have valuable insight into the best property to host your wedding, and if they are familiar with your resort, they can also offer you and your guests tips on how to make your stay even better. Good TAs will also have close connections wiht the wedding department, essentially benefiting you throughout the planning process. Securing a room block is also important to ensure your resort does not run out of rooms and also to secure a group rate. Lastly, having a travel agent handle you and your guests travel plans is vital so that you don't have to deal with it. Anything can happen when it comes to travel and if you don't have an agent, your guests will turn to you for help. As a former destination wedding bride, I did not work with a TA and I regretted it. Having to answer a million questions from guests on where to stay, where to book, where to go, drove me nuts. When it comes down to the final stretch of the wedding, it was the last thing I wanted to do when I already had a million things on my plate wedding wise.  Here's a more in depth article regarding the benefits of using a TA.  https://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/wedding-tips/c/planning/10-reasons-why-you-should-use-wright-travel-agency-for-your-destination-wedding-r2439/  
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...