Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Where is your ceremony?  This will help get you the best timing.

 

Originally Posted by Michele4172011 View Post
 

I think a few brides went on a site visit. For those that have, do you know how long the walk (slowly) is down the aisle? I'm trying to gauge my entrance song to see if it's too short/long.

 

Still no luck on the TTD and I only have 3 months to go!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Sorry, our ceremony is on the beach. I believe the same place as yours, if I remember your pictures correctly from your site pictures.

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Where is your ceremony?  This will help get you the best timing.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele4172011 View Post
 

I think a few brides went on a site visit. For those that have, do you know how long the walk (slowly) is down the aisle? I'm trying to gauge my entrance song to see if it's too short/long.

 

Still no luck on the TTD and I only have 3 months to go!


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah...I really didn't have too much to do with them....I gave my friend at work the template that i found somewhere on this forum...and picked Purple...she did the rest :)

We decided that we would punch a whole in the top and tie all 3 pages together with purple ribbon...then hopefully find some blue paper (like the blue color that says Boarding Pass) and make the the slot-ish envelopes.  It's the cutting and perforating part that's really going to confuse me....but luckily..my friend will help....

She's going to get me through the first few...and then I'll let FI help so that he feels a part of things too :)

 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Marla - Those look great!!  I tried DIY boarding passes and it did not turn out so good!  I dont think you'll need 8 months to finish them :)



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without airfare (cause Feb 2012 rates aren't out yet)

Per person:

3----$655

4---$861

5---$1067

6---$1274

7---$1480

 

I figure airfare will be between $350-$400...so...not super awful....

 

If only people would put a deposit down in the next 30 days...and then I won't be so freaked out over $$$


 

Originally Posted by jcdagl2 View Post


How much were you quoted for rooms?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post

I'm feeling aq little accomplished today...got my group agreement back from from my TA and sent out the 2nd round of STD (this one an email) with the info to book now....

Really Really hoping people put a deposit downbefore I have to pay for all deposits...but I can't worry about that.....

 

 

And...was working on my invitations today (boss is out sick)....and my friend at work is pretty good at Computer stuff (I am not so much) so we were working on my Boarding Pass Invites.   I know I have some time....as I won't be sending them out until August...but because I am so very bad at DIY...I figured I would need the 8 months head start :)

 

This is what I have so far.....

 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

 

I have been reading the posts on this website for a month or two now...and am getting married at Azul Sensatori on June 12! Our wedding will be a little different since I am Indian and my FI is Nigerian. We are going to try to incorporate both of our cultures into the festivities. Few questions for you ladies...

 

  1. Do you know if they charge extra for guest who are not staying at the hotel...just coming to attend the wedding and reception?
  2. Have any of you seen pictures of the Pool Deck area near building 4? The pictures my WC sent over don't really show what the layout of the area is like.
  3. Are most of you bringing all the items for your OOT bags downt o Mexico with you and distributing them there?

 

Thanks ladies for any and all help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tundeneha,

 

welcome.gif to the AS forum.  Congrats on choosing your resort.  Around about page 1140 (??) I posted pictures of an amazing wedding at AS.  To avoid looking like a complete idiot, I won't even try to guess the culture, but it was beautiful! 

 

To answer some of your questions:

1) There is a day pass fee.  I believe the price is listed on the lomas travel website.  http://weddings.lomas-travel.com/planning/

2) Is that the Zavaz Terrace?  I believe it is, and if so, check out the reviews for AS, and there's a bride named destinationmr (or something similar to that - can't remember exactly) and she held her reception there.  It's nice but for a smaller group I believe.  How many guests are you having?

3) I think OOT bags are a personal preference.  I am bringing them but have found them to be more expensive than I thought, especially since you have to carry so much extra luggage to get all the stuff there.  But, I think the guests will enjoy them, and they're traveling a long way for our weddings.  So, I guess it's worth it in the end!!

 

Good luck planning!
 

Originally Posted by tundeneha View Post

Hi there,

 

I have been reading the posts on this website for a month or two now...and am getting married at Azul Sensatori on June 12! Our wedding will be a little different since I am Indian and my FI is Nigerian. We are going to try to incorporate both of our cultures into the festivities. Few questions for you ladies...

 

  1. Do you know if they charge extra for guest who are not staying at the hotel...just coming to attend the wedding and reception?
  2. Have any of you seen pictures of the Pool Deck area near building 4? The pictures my WC sent over don't really show what the layout of the area is like.
  3. Are most of you bringing all the items for your OOT bags downt o Mexico with you and distributing them there?

 

Thanks ladies for any and all help!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Re: Day Pass - if you are hosting a private reception on your wedding day guests not staying at the resort do not have to pay for a day pass.   I copied this from my Miami WC email:

Day Passes are available:

Day Pass: Includes food and beverage, does not include food & beverage for private events. This must be purchased separately. Allows non-hotel guests entry to the resort for an 8 hour period.

$99.00

Wedding Day Pass: Includes food and beverage, does not include food & beverage for private events. This must be purchased separately Allows non-guests entry to the resort for an 8 hour period on the day of the ceremony.

$72.00

***Please note that Day Pass charges can be waived if you host a Private Dinner Event***.

 

  

 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Hi Tundeneha,

 

welcome.gif to the AS forum.  Congrats on choosing your resort.  Around about page 1140 (??) I posted pictures of an amazing wedding at AS.  To avoid looking like a complete idiot, I won't even try to guess the culture, but it was beautiful! 

 

To answer some of your questions:

1) There is a day pass fee.  I believe the price is listed on the lomas travel website.  http://weddings.lomas-travel.com/planning/

2) Is that the Zavaz Terrace?  I believe it is, and if so, check out the reviews for AS, and there's a bride named destinationmr (or something similar to that - can't remember exactly) and she held her reception there.  It's nice but for a smaller group I believe.  How many guests are you having?

3) I think OOT bags are a personal preference.  I am bringing them but have found them to be more expensive than I thought, especially since you have to carry so much extra luggage to get all the stuff there.  But, I think the guests will enjoy them, and they're traveling a long way for our weddings.  So, I guess it's worth it in the end!!

 

Good luck planning!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundeneha View Post

Hi there,

 

I have been reading the posts on this website for a month or two now...and am getting married at Azul Sensatori on June 12! Our wedding will be a little different since I am Indian and my FI is Nigerian. We are going to try to incorporate both of our cultures into the festivities. Few questions for you ladies...

 

  1. Do you know if they charge extra for guest who are not staying at the hotel...just coming to attend the wedding and reception?
  2. Have any of you seen pictures of the Pool Deck area near building 4? The pictures my WC sent over don't really show what the layout of the area is like.
  3. Are most of you bringing all the items for your OOT bags downt o Mexico with you and distributing them there?

 

Thanks ladies for any and all help!


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks for posting this! I have 4 guests who are using a time share to stay in Mexcio, rather than our resort and I was worried about the additional cost there may be to have them there for the day. This helps!! I am going to send this to my Miami WC to confirm. I also need to set up another call for finalize more of the details. My wedding is coming sooooo soon! Less than 3 months now!
 

Originally Posted by nv+gms View Post



Re: Day Pass - if you are hosting a private reception on your wedding day guests not staying at the resort do not have to pay for a day pass.   I copied this from my Miami WC email:

Day Passes are available:

Day Pass: Includes food and beverage, does not include food & beverage for private events. This must be purchased separately. Allows non-hotel guests entry to the resort for an 8 hour period.

$99.00

Wedding Day Pass: Includes food and beverage, does not include food & beverage for private events. This must be purchased separately Allows non-guests entry to the resort for an 8 hour period on the day of the ceremony.

$72.00

***Please note that Day Pass charges can be waived if you host a Private Dinner Event***.

 

  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Hi Tundeneha,

 

welcome.gif to the AS forum.  Congrats on choosing your resort.  Around about page 1140 (??) I posted pictures of an amazing wedding at AS.  To avoid looking like a complete idiot, I won't even try to guess the culture, but it was beautiful! 

 

To answer some of your questions:

1) There is a day pass fee.  I believe the price is listed on the lomas travel website.  http://weddings.lomas-travel.com/planning/

2) Is that the Zavaz Terrace?  I believe it is, and if so, check out the reviews for AS, and there's a bride named destinationmr (or something similar to that - can't remember exactly) and she held her reception there.  It's nice but for a smaller group I believe.  How many guests are you having?

3) I think OOT bags are a personal preference.  I am bringing them but have found them to be more expensive than I thought, especially since you have to carry so much extra luggage to get all the stuff there.  But, I think the guests will enjoy them, and they're traveling a long way for our weddings.  So, I guess it's worth it in the end!!

 

Good luck planning!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundeneha View Post

Hi there,

 

I have been reading the posts on this website for a month or two now...and am getting married at Azul Sensatori on June 12! Our wedding will be a little different since I am Indian and my FI is Nigerian. We are going to try to incorporate both of our cultures into the festivities. Few questions for you ladies...

 

  1. Do you know if they charge extra for guest who are not staying at the hotel...just coming to attend the wedding and reception?
  2. Have any of you seen pictures of the Pool Deck area near building 4? The pictures my WC sent over don't really show what the layout of the area is like.
  3. Are most of you bringing all the items for your OOT bags downt o Mexico with you and distributing them there?

 

Thanks ladies for any and all help!


 

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Congratulations and Welcome to the BDW forum!!  I have toured Sensatori Azul Beach Riviera Maya and it is a really nice resort. We had a group booked there a few years ago and they all had an awesome time.  I am one of the DR specialists and have stayed a few times at Now Onyx in Punta Cana.  I love, love, love the resort!!   There is an awesome adults only area & pool within the resort and they're in the process of adding a new family section with a new pool area. This is scheduled to be complated later this year.  The added bonus of adults being able to access Breathless Punta Cana is awesome, you get two resorts for the price of one! Another great family friendly resort in Punta Cana is Royalton Bavaro. They have a great lazy river with a swim up "grotto" bar, flow rider, tot water play area, mini golf, and Casino and sports bar/disco. There really is something for everyone. Now Onyx and Royalton Bavaro are both new resorts that just opened in the past few years. Rooms are modern&contemporary, food is great at both!  Please contact us at info@wrighttravelagency.com if we can answer any questions for you, send resort info, and check group rates for you.  We do not charge any service fees for our services and we're here to make the planning process as stress free as possible for you!! Thank you! TA Patty    
    • Hi there!! Congrats on your engagement. You have definitely come to the right place to plan your destination wedding -- this site is a gold mine for ideas and tips for destination couples. I was a destination bride myself 10 years ago and lived on this site obsessively for 2 years For the Dominican Republic, I think a great resort that fits what you're looking for is Now Onyx! They have amazing swimup suites, they are an oceanfront resort and best of all, they have both an incredible adults only section with the best pool area and a family friendly areas as well. The adults in your group will also have access to Breathless Punta Cana, which is next door where they have a great nightclub and casino but they can also use all the amenities there as well (as long as the property has not been bought out for your travel dates).  I along with a few agents of Wright Travel Agency, which is the official agency of this forum, stayed there for 4 days this past January and I was thoroughly impressed with the accommodations, amenities, food and excellent service. Also, they have an amazing wedding team there that does everything to please couples and give them the wedding of their dreams! If you want information about this resort and pricing, I suggest you contact Wright Travel Agency and one of their Dominican Republic specialist will get back to you! Wright Travel also has exclusive promos and discounts to many resorts -- including this one. There is a great promo called the Bride and Groom Fly Free credit, which can save you up to $1,000!!! You can contact them here www.wrighttravelagency.com or email directly at info@wrighttravelagency.com  Hope that helps and again, congrats!!! ❤️ 
    • I recommend reading this article
    • I'm looking to see if anyone has had a wedding at Dreams Riviera Cancun or any other resorts in Cancun with around 60 guests and could let me know how much they paid TOTAL for the ceremony, cocktail, and dinner reception. This includes flowers, decor, makeup hair, DJ, and all misc.  Thank you!
    • Hello Everyone, I am new here, I heard about this site from a friend of mine that had a destination wedding back in 2012 which was beautiful.  I am leaning towards the DR if I find a place that has all that I am looking for if not Mexico is another great option. Thinking of May 2020 if that is enough time to plan this! I like modern looks, all inclusive for sure.  I definitely want the beach very very close to the pools and rooms, a swim up bar is a must.  I really like the idea of the swim ups in the rooms if possible.  I am going to have friends that bring their kids so it can't be adult only.  I do want to get married on the beach which seems like most of the all inclusive resorts offer. My friend got married at the SENSATORI AZUL BEACH RESORT RIVIERA MAYA and it had all I would want in a resort if anyone has stayed there and has any advice. Thanks for all the help ahead of time.   M&B
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...