Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19268 replies to this topic

#9931 daniepps

daniepps
  • Jr. Member
  • 304 posts

    Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:17 AM



    Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

    Hey girls,

     

    I have a room question.  If you stay in the premium suite, what exactly does that get you, aside from the "free" wedding, which really isn't much more than the pearl package?  I am wondering if it's worth booking that suite b/c I don't think your guests can come into that section if they're not booked in premium.  So, I was wondering if I should just go with a regular room, and then use my webinar upgrade to get into the standard swim up.  Any suggestions? 

    I'm not sure what you get in terms of packages but I really don't think the Premium room is worth it unless you're going to get a Premium Swim-Up.  The regular premium rooms are no different than the Jacuzzi Jr. or the Luxury Jacuzzi.  The Premium Swim-Up has a hot tub outside as well as the pool and they say people can't come to the premium side if they aren't in premium rooms but our guests came and got in the pool outside our room every day and there was never a problem. 

     



    #9932 TLGnhci

    TLGnhci
    • Member
    • 899 posts

      Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:28 AM


       

      Originally Posted by daniepps 



      I'm not sure what you get in terms of packages but I really don't think the Premium room is worth it unless you're going to get a Premium Swim-Up.  The regular premium rooms are no different than the Jacuzzi Jr. or the Luxury Jacuzzi.  The Premium Swim-Up has a hot tub outside as well as the pool and they say people can't come to the premium side if they aren't in premium rooms but our guests came and got in the pool outside our room every day and there was never a problem. 

       

      Was your room the regular swim up or the Premium?  I think the only difference b/w the regular swim up and the premium one is that you get butler service and some aromatherapy or something.  Hmmm, decisions decisions!
       



      #9933 TLGnhci

      TLGnhci
      • Member
      • 899 posts

        Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:39 AM

        Jaimie,

         

        Did you happen to notice if it was cooler or warmer at the Zavaz Plaza?  I've heard it can be stuffy there since it's between two buildings.  So, I was curious if the beach would be a better location. 



        #9934 TLGnhci

        TLGnhci
        • Member
        • 899 posts

          Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:53 AM

          Oh, and (sorry, I know I'm blowing up the forum today!), one of my guests had said the all inclusive drinks said "selected" or something.  Everything is included at this resort, right?  So, if we want premium drinks, we just have to ask, right? 



          #9935 murmel

          murmel
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 1,407 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
          • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

          Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

          Jamie-first off, Thank you so much for all your hard research and great photos! It is greatly appreciated.

           

          Originally Posted by TLGnhci 


           

          Was your room the regular swim up or the Premium?  I think the only difference b/w the regular swim up and the premium one is that you get butler service and some aromatherapy or something.  Hmmm, decisions decisions!
           

          The inside of the rooms is all the same. The only bonus is the hot tub on the premium side, and to be honest the aromatherapy is cute...but do you need it....hard to say. I know FI and I are staying in the premium side because we want the hot tub. That's our reason. Also you get free Wi-Fi on the premium side, just have to ask for the code. Otherwise I think the cost was about $10-15 a day.



           

          Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

          Oh, and (sorry, I know I'm blowing up the forum today!), one of my guests had said the all inclusive drinks said "selected" or something.  Everything is included at this resort, right?  So, if we want premium drinks, we just have to ask, right? 

          Everything is included. They do have many premium drinks, but not all brands. For instance they have many good brands of vodka, but not Grey Goose, etc. Rum is likley the same. So if there is something you want specifically you may need to order it from them in advance and that is at extra cost. But whatever is on the bar, is fair game!

           


          Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

           

          Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

           

          Official Azul Sensatori thread:

          http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

           

          Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

          http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


          #9936 TLGnhci

          TLGnhci
          • Member
          • 899 posts

            Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:23 AM


             

            Originally Posted by murmel 

            Jamie-first off, Thank you so much for all your hard research and great photos! It is greatly appreciated.

             

            The inside of the rooms is all the same. The only bonus is the hot tub on the premium side, and to be honest the aromatherapy is cute...but do you need it....hard to say. I know FI and I are staying in the premium side because we want the hot tub. That's our reason. Also you get free Wi-Fi on the premium side, just have to ask for the code. Otherwise I think the cost was about $10-15 a day.



             

            Everything is included. They do have many premium drinks, but not all brands. For instance they have many good brands of vodka, but not Grey Goose, etc. Rum is likley the same. So if there is something you want specifically you may need to order it from them in advance and that is at extra cost. But whatever is on the bar, is fair game!

             


            After going over it, we are gonna do the premium.  I just hope our guests can come over and hang with us at our pool area.  It's only $450.00 more to do the premium swim up than it was to pay for a regular room and pay for the Pearl wedding package.  Even though it's more than I was quoted originally, I guess it's not too bad. 



            #9937 beaz2be

            beaz2be
            • Jr. Member
            • 256 posts

              Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:39 AM

              JaimeCF2BR thanks so much for all your research.  The info on the heels particularly helpful for me and I really appreciated all the pics too!
               


               

              Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

              Hey girls,

               

              I have a room question.  If you stay in the premium suite, what exactly does that get you, aside from the "free" wedding, which really isn't much more than the pearl package?  I am wondering if it's worth booking that suite b/c I don't think your guests can come into that section if they're not booked in premium.  So, I was wondering if I should just go with a regular room, and then use my webinar upgrade to get into the standard swim up.  Any suggestions? 


              Quote:

              Originally Posted by daniepps 



              I'm not sure what you get in terms of packages but I really don't think the Premium room is worth it unless you're going to get a Premium Swim-Up.  The regular premium rooms are no different than the Jacuzzi Jr. or the Luxury Jacuzzi.  The Premium Swim-Up has a hot tub outside as well as the pool and they say people can't come to the premium side if they aren't in premium rooms but our guests came and got in the pool outside our room every day and there was never a problem. 

               





              Originally Posted by murmel 

              The inside of the rooms is all the same. The only bonus is the hot tub on the premium side, and to be honest the aromatherapy is cute...but do you need it....hard to say. I know FI and I are staying in the premium side because we want the hot tub. That's our reason. Also you get free Wi-Fi on the premium side, just have to ask for the code. Otherwise I think the cost was about $10-15 a day.

               


              We really looked into this difference too and I agree that if you're going to do premium it's only really worth it for the swim-up w/ outdoor jacuzzi.  Even then we contemplated, but we were quoted a price that was only about $100 bucks more to do premium swim up (with free wedding) than upgrading to jr. swim up (with pearl package).  We knew we wanted the swim up so that helped make the decision.

               

              I think that everyone's correct, apparently only premium people are "supposed" to be in premium section but I've heard they don't really stop people from coming over.  Other than that main benefits are the added aromatherapy stuff, the extra butler service and the wi-fi.  Oh and something about no towel cards or some-such but I've forgotten exactly.



              #9938 TLGnhci

              TLGnhci
              • Member
              • 899 posts

                Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:04 AM

                See, that's what really frustrates me. Originally, before we booked, my TA had said it would only be $760.00 for the both of us to upgrade to the premium suite.  Now it's $1400.00 more.  Makes me mad, but what can I do?  I tried to contact the resort but they didn't do anything but tell her to compare her rates to theirs online.  I know I could get lower rates but they won't honor them. 



                #9939 daniepps

                daniepps
                • Jr. Member
                • 304 posts

                  Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:42 AM



                  Originally Posted by TLGnhci 


                   

                  Was your room the regular swim up or the Premium?  I think the only difference b/w the regular swim up and the premium one is that you get butler service and some aromatherapy or something.  Hmmm, decisions decisions!
                   

                  I had a premium swim up and you get the butler service and the aromatherapy but the only major difference is the hot tub outside which we really wanted.  We actually never used the one in the room but we used the one outside a lot. You also get free wi-fi if you plan to bring your computer.


                   

                  Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

                  Jaimie,

                   

                  Did you happen to notice if it was cooler or warmer at the Zavaz Plaza?  I've heard it can be stuffy there since it's between two buildings.  So, I was curious if the beach would be a better location. 


                  I had my reception at Zavaz Plaza and I really didnt notice any change in the temperature and it's not actually in between two buildings so I don't think that should be an issue. 


                   

                  Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

                  Oh, and (sorry, I know I'm blowing up the forum today!), one of my guests had said the all inclusive drinks said "selected" or something.  Everything is included at this resort, right?  So, if we want premium drinks, we just have to ask, right? 


                  All drinks are included but their premium would be Absolut Vodka or Ketel One not Belvedere or Grey Goose.  I also don't remember seeing Remy Martin or anything like that but they may have had Hennessey.


                   

                  Originally Posted by TLGnhci 


                   


                  After going over it, we are gonna do the premium.  I just hope our guests can come over and hang with us at our pool area.  It's only $450.00 more to do the premium swim up than it was to pay for a regular room and pay for the Pearl wedding package.  Even though it's more than I was quoted originally, I guess it's not too bad. 


                  I think it'll be worth it and I really don't think your guests hanging out will be a problem.  We wondered how anybody would know that they weren't staying on the premium side if somebody did say something.


                   

                  Originally Posted by beaz2be 


                  Quote:


                  We really looked into this difference too and I agree that if you're going to do premium it's only really worth it for the swim-up w/ outdoor jacuzzi.  Even then we contemplated, but we were quoted a price that was only about $100 bucks more to do premium swim up (with free wedding) than upgrading to jr. swim up (with pearl package).  We knew we wanted the swim up so that helped make the decision.

                   

                  I think that everyone's correct, apparently only premium people are "supposed" to be in premium section but I've heard they don't really stop people from coming over.  Other than that main benefits are the added aromatherapy stuff, the extra butler service and the wi-fi.  Oh and something about no towel cards or some-such but I've forgotten exactly.


                  With the towels if you're on the premium side you just give them your room number and get towels.  Everyone else has to have a towel card.  I never used the towels though because I brought my own.
                   



                  #9940 MaggieandJay

                  MaggieandJay
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,029 posts

                    Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:38 AM



                    Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR 

                    Ok, I've put a lot of my photos (with descriptions) in an album.  I'm not sure if I am linking it correctly, so let me know if you can't get to it.

                     

                    http://www.bestdesti...0/user_id/30664

                     

                    All of these pictures were taken between 5-6pm to give you an idea of lighting and crowds.  I noticed the album keeps the photos small, so if there's any you'd like enlarged, let me know the title and I'll post or email it.

                     

                    I have lots more, just wanted to focus on the beach for now since thats been the main topic recently.  If anyone else is interested to see anything else, just let me know.  I think we've officially photographed the whole resort :)

                     



                    Thank you so much for this! You got pics of all three locations I was looking for and I have a much better Idea now! Your the best!

                     

                    Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR 

                    And the food tasting went great!  We were able to try 4 different dishes from the private event menu (1 Chicken, 1 Steak, 1 Lamb, & 1 Surf/Turf).  I'm not sure if they let us chose 4 because there was 4 of us, or if it was because we are having 2 private events.  The coordinating in advance definitely made me nervous, but the actual tasting was well organized and the food was amazing!  After tasting those dishes, I'm 100% comfortable picking anything off the menu.

                     

                    In my opinion it was all better tasting and better portion sizes than anything at the restaurants.  This made me feel much better about paying the extra $ for a private event at an all-inclusive resort. 


                    Glad to hear that the food was great! Makes me feel so much better :)


                     

                    Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

                    Hey girls,

                     

                    I have a room question.  If you stay in the premium suite, what exactly does that get you, aside from the "free" wedding, which really isn't much more than the pearl package?  I am wondering if it's worth booking that suite b/c I don't think your guests can come into that section if they're not booked in premium.  So, I was wondering if I should just go with a regular room, and then use my webinar upgrade to get into the standard swim up.  Any suggestions? 


                    We went with the Prem Swim up for all the previous reasons the girls have stated!
                     


                    Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users