Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#9791 daniepps

daniepps
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:37 PM

Here's a pic of the cake I requested as well as a pic of the cake I got.  I think they did an ok job. (My cake is on the left)

wedding slide show (792).JPGwedding-cakes-hyc3e.jpg

#9792 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
    • 899 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by daniepps 

We had the hostesses come down and spread rose petals when the song first started so I believe I entered around the end of the first verse.  By the time I got to the gazebo it was the end of the second verse. I was a little upset becasue I specifically told the WCs to play that song all the way through but they faded it out when I got to the gazebo.  I think they did it because I was running so late and the minister and videographer had another wedding they had to get to. 

For the centerpiece I went to Michaels and bought 10 round mirrors that were $1.99 each, 10 pink candles for $3.99 each and 2 bags of seashells for $6.99 each.  They were very simple but things like centerpieces aren't very important to me.  Here's a pic:

Here's a pic of the cake I requested as well as a pic of the cake I got.  I think they did an ok job. (My cake is on the left)

wedding slide show (792).JPGwedding-cakes-hyc3e.jpg

I'm confused, did you say you bought your stuff when you got there, or you brought it? 

I think your cake is adorable!!

#9793 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
      • 899 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:53 AM

Here's my dress!!  I love it!!

Attached Files

#9794 msmarmar123

msmarmar123
        • 747 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:38 AM

It's so pretty :) Congratz on finding The One!

Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

Here's my dress!!  I love it!

Attached Files

#9795 murmel

murmel
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 1,407 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
          • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by daniepps 

Love the simple centerpiece. I plan on buying the stuff once I get down there to avoid extra weight. I think the cake is lovely! Did it taste good? :)

Quote:

Beautiful! So happy for you.

Attached Files

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#9796 taylorwd

taylorwd
          • 932 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:49 AM

Wow, those lanterns are awesome.  I need to place an order for some of those.  Anyone know how they are set up at Zavaz Plaza?  Do the WC's set it up for you? 

And big news girls,  I BOUGHT MY DRESS TODAY!  It is beautiful and I am so excited for my wedding now.  :o)

Congratulations!!!  That is so exciting!!! 

Congrats! Pictures please :)

I am getting married in October and been looking for lanterns. I am very interested.

Have you guys heard of flying lanterns?

Good call! Thanks for the advice.

I also did another thing that needed to be done! Scheduled my legall ceremony. We live in LA but are going to a court house in wine country when we get back. Staying at a bed and breakfast there for a couple of days. Should be nice!

Oh that is so perfect!!!!  How romantic! 

#9797 taylorwd

taylorwd
            • 932 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by msmarmar123 

It's so pretty :) Congratz on finding The One!

Ooooooh, LOVE!!!!!  I love the gathered side and the little bit of sparkle.  This sample looks like it fits you really well.

#9798 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
              • 1,029 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by beaz2be 

Ladies,

My TA has me all freaked out because she keeps talking about how the resort is almost fully booked etc.  (prices are skyrocketing and so on).  I know it's the long weekend when we are getting married, so this may possibly happen, but we're still 9 months out?!?!?!?!  It can't be THAT full already?!?!  We had a guaranteed group rate available already and while many people took advantage of that I still have lots of guests saying they plan to come (but aren't ready to book so far in advance).  I wasn't planning on even getting the invites out until October!

So,  what do I do if the resort is fully booked but we still have people wanting to come?  Does anyone know if guests at the Azul Beach can come and use the Sensatori's facilities?  And do you have to pay the guest fee (of $80 or whatever it is) for people from another Karisma property to come to the wedding?  I'm not too worried if I know that, if the AS sells out, then people could book at the AB or another El Dorado resort and still come spend time with us and be at the wedding itself.

Anyone have any insight to share?

I can imagine it is since I got bumped out of that weekend due to no room for another bride. They told me there are 2 brides everyday from Wed to the Tues after Memorial Day

But the girls are right. Alot of tour operators take up rooms and then release them closer to

I would just be frank with your guests and say look if you REALLY want to go book now. Good Luck!

Wow, those lanterns are awesome.  I need to place an order for some of those.  Anyone know how they are set up at Zavaz Plaza?  Do the WC's set it up for you? 

And big news girls,  I BOUGHT MY DRESS TODAY!  It is beautiful and I am so excited for my wedding now.  :o)

CONGRATS!!!

LOVE IT!!! Looks awesome

Attached Files

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#9799 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
                • 899 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

Hey girls,

Any of you doing silk flowers?  If so, how do you plan on getting them to Mexico?

#9800 beaz2be

beaz2be
                  • 256 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:55 AM

Those are awesome!!  I really like the star ones too.  I may follow up on this with you in a few months (haven't been doing much of any wedding prep other than invitations these days).  I'm going to probably checkout our China town and a few major Chinese dollar/department stores we have here in Vancouver.  Maybe they'd have similar up here too..... 

Thanks for sharing!!

Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach 

Hi Ladies -

I'm not sure how many of you were interested in lanterns but my FI and I recently went to Chinatown in San Francisco and stumbled upon a store that sold lanterns of all shapes and sizes at really low prices. I had never seen the star shaped lanterns (not that I have been doing much online wedding prep lately) and think I might be leaning in that direction. Mostly, I was impressed with their variety and prices. I will try to post some photos below and if you are interested, please let me know. We go there frequently and will surely go within the next month or so if anyone who is not marrying immediately is interested. I tried to take pics of the prices so you Ladies could get an idea of the value.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users