Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#9771 JaimeCF2BR

JaimeCF2BR
  • Jr. Member
  • 408 posts

    Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:25 PM

    What kind of room type are you expecting for the guests that haven't booked yet?  And about how many rooms?  I can't imagine they are already almost full!!  Sounds like someone might be exageratting.
     

    Originally Posted by beaz2be 

    Ladies,

     

    My TA has me all freaked out because she keeps talking about how the resort is almost fully booked etc.  (prices are skyrocketing and so on).  I know it's the long weekend when we are getting married, so this may possibly happen, but we're still 9 months out?!?!?!?!  It can't be THAT full already?!?!  We had a guaranteed group rate available already and while many people took advantage of that I still have lots of guests saying they plan to come (but aren't ready to book so far in advance).  I wasn't planning on even getting the invites out until October!

     

    So,  what do I do if the resort is fully booked but we still have people wanting to come?  Does anyone know if guests at the Azul Beach can come and use the Sensatori's facilities?  And do you have to pay the guest fee (of $80 or whatever it is) for people from another Karisma property to come to the wedding?  I'm not too worried if I know that, if the AS sells out, then people could book at the AB or another El Dorado resort and still come spend time with us and be at the wedding itself.

     

    Anyone have any insight to share?





    #9772 taylorwd

    taylorwd
    • Member
    • 932 posts

      Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:20 PM

      Originally Posted by beaz2be 

      Ladies,

       

      My TA has me all freaked out because she keeps talking about how the resort is almost fully booked etc.  (prices are skyrocketing and so on).  I know it's the long weekend when we are getting married, so this may possibly happen, but we're still 9 months out?!?!?!?!  It can't be THAT full already?!?!  We had a guaranteed group rate available already and while many people took advantage of that I still have lots of guests saying they plan to come (but aren't ready to book so far in advance).  I wasn't planning on even getting the invites out until October!

       

      So,  what do I do if the resort is fully booked but we still have people wanting to come?  Does anyone know if guests at the Azul Beach can come and use the Sensatori's facilities?  And do you have to pay the guest fee (of $80 or whatever it is) for people from another Karisma property to come to the wedding?  I'm not too worried if I know that, if the AS sells out, then people could book at the AB or another El Dorado resort and still come spend time with us and be at the wedding itself.

       

      Anyone have any insight to share?

       

      Actually, this came up a couple months ago if I recall.  Another bride had Memorial Day weekend 2011 and found the hotel was almost completely booked up.  If I'm remembering correctly...

       

      If your guests stay at another property, including AB or EDR, they'd have to have a day pass to come onto AS's property.  However, you might be able to negotiate free passes the day of the wedding if you're having a private reception and have paid for their meals.  AB is within walking distance to AS if you walk the beach.  However, I wouldn't count on AB being a viable option for your guests.  AB has only 98 rooms so it's much smaller than AS.  EDR is probably your best bet since it's huge, however it's not within walking distance since it's on the other side of PM.

       

      I will say that we walked from AB to AS and had no problem walking onto AS from the beach side.  We toured the property and even helped ourselves to some soft serve!  However, for your own peace of mind it'd be better to have the passes worked out beforehand as opposed to them sneaking in. 

       

      Don't worry just yet.  More rooms may come available.  The rooms are divied in blocks to various tour operators, and if those tour operators don't sell them then they might become available.



      #9773 bigboponthebeach

      bigboponthebeach
      • Jr. Member
      • 456 posts

        Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:36 PM

        Hi Ladies -

        I'm not sure how many of you were interested in lanterns but my FI and I recently went to Chinatown in San Francisco and stumbled upon a store that sold lanterns of all shapes and sizes at really low prices. I had never seen the star shaped lanterns (not that I have been doing much online wedding prep lately) and think I might be leaning in that direction. Mostly, I was impressed with their variety and prices. I will try to post some photos below and if you are interested, please let me know. We go there frequently and will surely go within the next month or so if anyone who is not marrying immediately is interested. I tried to take pics of the prices so you Ladies could get an idea of the value.

         

        DSC_0268.jpg

        DSC_0267.jpg

        DSC_0266.jpg

        DSC_0262.jpg

        DSC_0264.jpg

        DSC_0270.jpg

        DSC_0271.jpg



        #9774 bigboponthebeach

        bigboponthebeach
        • Jr. Member
        • 456 posts

          Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:39 PM

          Geez, those are huge! I apologize and hope I don't get in trouble. I don't know how to make them any smaller, so I apologize in advance for taking up so much space.........



          #9775 JaimeCF2BR

          JaimeCF2BR
          • Jr. Member
          • 408 posts

            Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:51 PM



            Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach 

            Hi Ladies -

            I'm not sure how many of you were interested in lanterns but my FI and I recently went to Chinatown in San Francisco and stumbled upon a store that sold lanterns of all shapes and sizes at really low prices. I had never seen the star shaped lanterns (not that I have been doing much online wedding prep lately) and think I might be leaning in that direction. Mostly, I was impressed with their variety and prices. I will try to post some photos below and if you are interested, please let me know. We go there frequently and will surely go within the next month or so if anyone who is not marrying immediately is interested. I tried to take pics of the prices so you Ladies could get an idea of the value.


             


            oooooh those are beautiful!!  And the prices are even more beautiful!!!  I see my main color in there (aqua/turquoise), so I think I'll be emailing you soon with a special request :)  Thank you so much for sharing!



            #9776 TLGnhci

            TLGnhci
            • Member
            • 899 posts

              Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:23 PM

              Wow, those lanterns are awesome.  I need to place an order for some of those.  Anyone know how they are set up at Zavaz Plaza?  Do the WC's set it up for you? 

               

              And big news girls,  I BOUGHT MY DRESS TODAY!  It is beautiful and I am so excited for my wedding now.  :o)



              #9777 TLGnhci

              TLGnhci
              • Member
              • 899 posts

                Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:58 PM

                Can someone please post the link to Caribe Photo on FB?  I can't seem to find them on there and I would love to find more pics!!



                #9778 msmarmar123

                msmarmar123
                • Member
                • 747 posts

                  Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:43 PM



                  We need to see a picture of it :)

                   

                  Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

                  Wow, those lanterns are awesome.  I need to place an order for some of those.  Anyone know how they are set up at Zavaz Plaza?  Do the WC's set it up for you? 

                   

                  And big news girls,  I BOUGHT MY DRESS TODAY!  It is beautiful and I am so excited for my wedding now.  :o)





                  #9779 msmarmar123

                  msmarmar123
                  • Member
                  • 747 posts

                    Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:46 PM



                    Can someone please post the link to Caribe Photo on FB?  I can't seem to find them on there and I would love to find more pics!!





                    #9780 JaimeCF2BR

                    JaimeCF2BR
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 408 posts

                      Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:50 PM


                      Found the latest list! 

                       

                      Looks like I'll peeping on Lecreatifbride :)
                       

                      Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ 

                      Another update :)

                      July 2010
                      meghan - July 1, 2010
                      Meesh – July 10, 2009
                      momichele – July 24, 2010
                      Daniepps – July 31, 2010
                      August 2010
                      September 2010

                      Lecreatifbride - Sept 4, 2010
                      October 2010
                      amandamarieb – October 10, 2010
                      chong – October 10, 2010
                      November 2010
                      dstinationdrmr – November 12, 2010 – 4pm
                      dirtymartini – November 13, 2010 – Azul Beach
                      Ms.H – November 16, 2010
                      December 2010
                      mzgillis316 - December 3, 2010
                      jaimeburns – December 10, 2010
                      rkf1046 – December 11, 2010

                      January 2011
                      Murmel – January 24, 2011
                      February 2011
                      Less is More – February 19, 2011
                      March 2011
                      gingerlover36 – March 26, 2011
                      April 2011
                      dakotaAZ – April 2, 2011
                      May 2011
                      TLGnhci – May 2, 2011
                      mmc1105 – May 6, 2011
                      JaimeTalis – May 7, 2011
                      Nikki O – May 7, 2011
                      amcferron – May 13, 2011
                      MaggieandJay – May 15, 2011
                      beaz2be – May 27, 2011
                      Bigboponthebeach – May 28, 2011
                      June 2011
                      jazz04 – June 12, 2011
                      July 2011
                      LMMDC – July 23, 2011

                      February 2012
                      msmarmar123 – February 11, 2012







                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users