Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#9071 murmel

murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,407 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr
Dumb question: is there an additional charge to park a car at the resort? Do taxis pass by the resort or do you have to hire transportation when you want to leave?
No extra parking charge. It is valet parking, and we just tipped the valet/luggage men. Mind you the car usually ended up being parked just at the side of the main entrance...we could have taken 5 extra steps and gotten the car ourselves! LOL We only had it for 2 days as well. Keep meaning to check my reciepts, but we had guests, so I will try in the next couple of days.

No transport/taxis are at the resort. If you need one, you'll have to get the luggage men to call one for you. However there are usually a few parked just outside on the roadway. I think they sit there hoping for a call. From what we saw it usually took about 5-10 minutes. Not sure what the prices are though.

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

 

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

 

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

 

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


#9072 Ms.H

Ms.H
  • Jr. Member
  • 169 posts

    Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:06 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msmarmar123
    My TA emailed me a promotion from caribe photo..one of the 2 that Karisma uses...I know most of you are bringing your own...but just in case...wanteed to share the info.

    If you go with one of their packages ($900 or more) then you get a free video of the ceremony...and if you purchase a video package, it's 40% off. There are date restrictions....if you want more info you can go to caribephoto.com and look at it there.

    Jist thought I would share....
    Thanks! I'm considering going with these guys. We're trying to keep costs reasonable and they seem to have pretty good packages. Has anyone used them before, or know where I can find some reviews? thanks!

    #9073 msmarmar123

    msmarmar123
    • Member
    • 747 posts

      Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:53 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Ms.H
      Thanks! I'm considering going with these guys. We're trying to keep costs reasonable and they seem to have pretty good packages. Has anyone used them before, or know where I can find some reviews? thanks!
      I think there are some reviews on their website..they also have a facebook page. we're trying to keep costs down too..and the price to bring our own or even hire outside the resort and pay the fee is too much for us.
      We figure we'll get basic shots with them..and we'll have friends and family taking some too..it should be fine.
      Then maybe when we get home..we can hire a local photog and do a TTD here...more cost effective and another excuse to wear my dress :)

      #9074 taylorwd

      taylorwd
      • Member
      • 932 posts

        Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by KittenHeart

        Oh don't get me wrong, the beach receptions are GORGEOUS. The wind would have been nice on my wedding day. There are two big reasons I didn't have my reception on the beach, 1. I hate sand, always have (lame I know) and 2. I LOVE wearing heels, I have a shoe obsession and I wanted to wear heels. So to each their own!
        Haha, I am the EXACT same way about the sand! People thought I was crazy having a DW and not wanting to get married on the sand. I was really adamant about it. I can take it if I'm swimming or just chilling, but the thought of having it all over me and under my dress on my wedding day was more than I could bear.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by mmc1105
        That's great to know, you looked beautiful!
        Thank you!

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by murmel

        No transport/taxis are at the resort. If you need one, you'll have to get the luggage men to call one for you. However there are usually a few parked just outside on the roadway. I think they sit there hoping for a call. From what we saw it usually took about 5-10 minutes. Not sure what the prices are though.
        I can't remember who asked this originally but my only experience with a taxi was taking one from PM back to AB. I think it cost us about $10. But AB is about 5 min. closer to the main road than AS.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ms.H
        Thanks! I'm considering going with these guys. We're trying to keep costs reasonable and they seem to have pretty good packages. Has anyone used them before, or know where I can find some reviews? thanks!
        There are a couple reviews of Caribe on here if you do a search.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by msmarmar123
        I think there are some reviews on their website..they also have a facebook page. we're trying to keep costs down too..and the price to bring our own or even hire outside the resort and pay the fee is too much for us.
        We figure we'll get basic shots with them..and we'll have friends and family taking some too..it should be fine.
        Then maybe when we get home..we can hire a local photog and do a TTD here...more cost effective and another excuse to wear my dress :)
        Doing a TTD back home is such a good idea!!! It'll be fun to have pics of you in your dress in your hometown.

        #9075 KittenHeart

        KittenHeart
        • Sr. Member
        • 3,103 posts

          Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:30 PM

          Hey Ladies, I put up my post wedding for sale items thread, PM if if there's anything you ladies want!

          http://bestdestinati....ng-sale-61951/

          #9076 amandamarieb

          amandamarieb
          • Jr. Member
          • 239 posts

            Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by taylorwd
            Haha, I am the EXACT same way about the sand! People thought I was crazy having a DW and not wanting to get married on the sand. I was really adamant about it. I can take it if I'm swimming or just chilling, but the thought of having it all over me and under my dress on my wedding day was more than I could bear.

            .
            ME TOO! There were a lot of things on my qualifying list for the resorts I looked at but top 3 was a ceremony not on the beach.I hate sand.I thought it was weird but you girls are making me feel better. :)

            I actually didn't want my theme to have anything to do with the beach...that was a problem when my mom chose a gauva dress. I asked her to wear a different color. She said it was fine but is complaining to everyone else about it. I know I should maybe let her wear what she wants but everyone else is in soft romantic colors. I didn't want anything tropical and then it would be all eyes on her in every picture. So I feel sort of bad but since no one is helping me with anything or asking me about the things I'm choosing, including her, I've decided to not feel bad. After all she's wearing the exact same dress just in a different color. (Green, my fav! ) Now, I just need to convey to guests that shorts are not appropriate for the ceremony.
            Amanda ~ Marrying Stephen on October 10th 2010 at Azul Sensatori

            http://tickers.Ticke....ded6/event.png

            #9077 amybermuda

            amybermuda
            • Member
            • 870 posts

              Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:02 PM

              Hi Ladies! Before I go back and read what's been going on, I wanted to write you to say I just had super fun AHR! It was record breaking heat and record breaking bay bridge traffic - so people were 1+ hours late getting there and we were outside in 100+ degree heat. Let me tell you... If that was my wedding I would have been a stress case. and you know what? THANK GOD I DID A DW!!! All the stress and stupid crap we encounter dealing with family and travel issues, Miami coordinators, Lomas, then going through the hotel staff - yes I know its hard - but my wedding in Mexico was stress free and carefree and awesome. Saturday solidified my destination wedding choice that much more. I mean, 1/2 my guests would have missed my ceremony had we been having a traditional wedding on Saturday.

              I only have a few pictures of the party - I'll do a review later once I get the better pix.
              Picasa Web Albums - Amy - Stateside Rec...

              The after party was a bit insane.... hehe

              Hope you all had a great weekend!!

              #9078 amandamarieb

              amandamarieb
              • Jr. Member
              • 239 posts

                Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:13 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by amybermuda
                Hi Ladies! Before I go back and read what's been going on, I wanted to write you to say I just had super fun AHR! It was record breaking heat and record breaking bay bridge traffic - so people were 1+ hours late getting there and we were outside in 100+ degree heat. Let me tell you... If that was my wedding I would have been a stress case. and you know what? THANK GOD I DID A DW!!! All the stress and stupid crap we encounter dealing with family and travel issues, Miami coordinators, Lomas, then going through the hotel staff - yes I know its hard - but my wedding in Mexico was stress free and carefree and awesome. Saturday solidified my destination wedding choice that much more. I mean, 1/2 my guests would have missed my ceremony had we been having a traditional wedding on Saturday.

                I only have a few pictures of the party - I'll do a review later once I get the better pix.
                Picasa Web Albums - Amy - Stateside Rec...

                The after party was a bit insane.... hehe

                Hope you all had a great weekend!!
                You didn't need nay justification because you did the right thing. You're wedding was beautiful but also looked like you had a good time back in MD. Honestly for it being over 100 degrees everyone looks very pulled together. I was back there last weekend and cannot same the same about the pics of me. :)
                So glad you had a good time. Looked great!
                Amanda ~ Marrying Stephen on October 10th 2010 at Azul Sensatori

                http://tickers.Ticke....ded6/event.png

                #9079 amybermuda

                amybermuda
                • Member
                • 870 posts

                  Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:15 PM

                  annnnnnnnnddddd

                  my slideshow is up! I am obsessed!!!
                  Amy & Mark | May 14th 2010 | Azul Beach Hotel, Puerto Morelos Mexico

                  #9080 taylorwd

                  taylorwd
                  • Member
                  • 932 posts

                    Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:16 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by amandamarieb

                    I actually didn't want my theme to have anything to do with the beach...that was a problem when my mom chose a gauva dress. I asked her to wear a different color. She said it was fine but is complaining to everyone else about it. I know I should maybe let her wear what she wants but everyone else is in soft romantic colors. I didn't want anything tropical and then it would be all eyes on her in every picture. So I feel sort of bad but since no one is helping me with anything or asking me about the things I'm choosing, including her, I've decided to not feel bad. After all she's wearing the exact same dress just in a different color. (Green, my fav! ) Now, I just need to convey to guests that shorts are not appropriate for the ceremony.
                    Oh no, don't feel bad at all about this! You're paying a lot of money for your wedding, especially for your pictures. If your mom were to have stayed with her original dress, everyone's eyes would instantly find her in the pictures instead of you. I think a bride has every right to dictate the attire, especially when it's their mom.

                    For the shorts thing, we posted a blurb on our website about appropriate attire for the wedding. It was necessary or some of the men would have worn shorts. It worked because everyone looked great! Most people chose to wear colors in the wedding color scheme and those that didn't wore very complimentary colors. It really made a difference in all the pictures!

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by amybermuda
                    Hi Ladies! Before I go back and read what's been going on, I wanted to write you to say I just had super fun AHR! It was record breaking heat and record breaking bay bridge traffic - so people were 1+ hours late getting there and we were outside in 100+ degree heat. Let me tell you... If that was my wedding I would have been a stress case. and you know what? THANK GOD I DID A DW!!! All the stress and stupid crap we encounter dealing with family and travel issues, Miami coordinators, Lomas, then going through the hotel staff - yes I know its hard - but my wedding in Mexico was stress free and carefree and awesome. Saturday solidified my destination wedding choice that much more. I mean, 1/2 my guests would have missed my ceremony had we been having a traditional wedding on Saturday.

                    I only have a few pictures of the party - I'll do a review later once I get the better pix.
                    Picasa Web Albums - Amy - Stateside Rec...

                    The after party was a bit insane.... hehe

                    Hope you all had a great weekend!!
                    I agree with Amanda, for 100+ degree heat and high humidity, everyone looks great!! You can't tell at all. You especially look really good. You still have that bridal glow :) Congrats on a successful AHR!!!

                    I COMPLETELY agree with you about the AHR validating the DW (as if we needed to validate our fabulous weddings . We spent the days leading up to our AHR running around in a frenzy with a house full of guests. The morning of was CRAZY stressful trying to get everything done and everyone where they needed to be on time. DH and I looked at each other and agreed that people must be insane to not have a DW wedding since that was how many couples spend the morning of their weddings. I cannot imagine having spent mine that way. I was swimming in the ocean the morning of mine and I don't think it should be any other way!




                    1 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users