Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#9031 Mahalo79

Mahalo79
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

yay!! We just got our date confirmed! April 25th, 2011 at 4pm. getting married at the catholic chapel at El Dorado Maroma, but reception back at AS. Next I have to tell officially "meet" the WC and tell her what wedding package we want. I am going to be busy reading the older posts tomorrow at work, hope it is not too busy lol, lots to read. also don't know what reception dinner options we have. I would have written back to all of you who were kind enough to welcome me, but I'm not down with multi-quoting yet! Also my ticker is so small! Haha, oh well at least i figured out how to do it. Thanks for listening to me vent!

#9032 chong

chong
    • 360 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:52 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by KittenHeart
      Hmmm I need to find that video… I was searching for smokey eye tutorials because that’s what I wanted on my wedding day. So the video may not be pertinent to what you’re looking for… AH I found it!
      Bigbop - re: the reception site. I knew from the get-go that the private reception was important for us and I was concerned the same way that with possibly 2 weddings/day there might be a conflict. I knew we'd want it outside but prefer NOT the beach. So, I booked Plaza Zavas when I booked my date. I wouldn't provide my deposit to Karisma until I had confirmation that I could have BOTH the ceremony date/time as well as the reception location. It took a long time to get confirmation on it and I was worried I'd lose my date entirely - but it worked out.

Of course now, depending on how big our group gets, it looks like we may have to readjust our planning if we're too large for the space. But I'm not going to worry about that yet. :-)
      That's so funny that nobody wants to have the reception on the beach. that's where we are having the reception. we are very excited about the beach!!!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach
      Gingerlover, aside from that link I PM'ed you, these are for you. I've been scouring inspiration boards for the past week or so just browsing for things I like. Hope these help some......

Click the image to open in full size.
      I love it. I never made an inspiration board. I love your peacock idea!!!

#9033 chong

chong
      • 360 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:53 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by taylorwd
        I know a lot of ladies have already commented on this, but Spanx should not cost you $200. That's just crazy. I've used both Spanx and Dr. Rey Shapewear. I really like the Dr. Rey!

Since my dress was so form-fitting, the salon recommended I wear a slimmer underneath to smooth everything out. I bought one and brought it to my first fitting, but once I put it on, my seamstress and I quickly agreed I shouldn't use it. My dress was so unforgiving in having any extra room that that teeny extra layer made the dress fit that much tighter--i.e. too tight! I'm glad it worked out that way because I would have been melting with that on underneath!

TOTALLY NORMAL to be freaking out and feel overwhelmed with 2.5 months to go. Things really kick into high gear at about the 3 month mark and then it's full steam ahead until you get on that plane.
        Haha.. Dr. Rey! Dr. Rey from Dr. 90201?!? That's hilarious! I will definitely check it out. Just like your salon, my designer is recommending to wear a "light" spanx to smooth everything out under the dress. I will have to find something and try it on with the dress to see if it's really necessary. Thanks for the info!

yeah... 2.5 months to go and I am so exhausted. I am ready to be on the beach, drinking margaritas and get married! I have so much to do and nothing is getting done this week
        Could you please send me pictures of your reception location? ? ? I would love to see them because I am currently trying to decide between the location you mentioned, Plaza Zavaz, and a beach wedding. The only reason I am hesitant to have it on the beach is because I read that it gets really windy there in the evenings and I believe others said their guests were cold on the beach. Can you think of any other cons or pros of a beach reception you may have witnessed while there that I should keep in mind for our guests? My 85 year old grandmother will be there and I want to ensure that she is comfy....although I'm sure she'll probably turn in when we start dancing.
        Yeah.. I am little bit concerned with the windy night but we figured it's better to be little bit chilly than hot and humid without any breeze. We are going to tell the guests to bring a light cardigan. Guys will be fine. We've been wanting to have the beach wedding and reception so we are very happy with our choice!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Mahalo79
        yay!! We just got our date confirmed! April 25th, 2011 at 4pm. getting married at the catholic chapel at El Dorado Maroma, but reception back at AS. Next I have to tell officially "meet" the WC and tell her what wedding package we want. I am going to be busy reading the older posts tomorrow at work, hope it is not too busy lol, lots to read. also don't know what reception dinner options we have. I would have written back to all of you who were kind enough to welcome me, but I'm not down with multi-quoting yet! Also my ticker is so small! Haha, oh well at least i figured out how to do it. Thanks for listening to me vent!
        Congrats! Now the planning begins :)

Someone asked about maracas?!? I bought maracas for our wedding at Click the image to open in full size.

#9034 LMMDC

LMMDC
        • 14 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:11 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MaggieandJay
          Fabio is who i am guessing you talked to. I have Fay and so far she is polite and quick to respond but we are only on week one together :)

I go to Upper Hand Royal Oaks. Pricey but my hair dresser and I have been together longer than my FI and I :)

So far so good with Fay! She has been super fast. I hear from her about 24 hours after I email her. She seems really helpful.

I picked mine yesterday and Fay put in for confirmation. We will see how long that confirmation takes

I was somewhat limited due to the predicted size of my wedding. 50-75 people. I asked for Plaza Zavaz and Fay put in my request. Fingers crossed!
          We are also having a Welcome Party on the beach as well the day before my wedding. She sent me pics of both if you want me to email them to you!
          Tried to PM you but wouldnt go through. Would you mind sharing the pictures with me too?!? Thanks!

#9035 LMMDC

LMMDC
          • 14 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:21 AM

Quote:

My reception was at Zocallo al Fresco, the entire patio of the Zocallo restaurant. I’ll send you pix if you want!

Would you mind sending me pictures of your reception? Was this part of the package deal where they make reservations for your group? How many people did you have? Did you have a DJ/dancing? Thanks!!

#9036 taylorwd

taylorwd
            • 932 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:26 AM

Quote:

Ohhhhhhh, thank you for the info on Puerto Morales! I really just wanted some maracas, especially for the kids. I had completely forgotten about that town! I was hoping to also get our photog to take some photos of us there for our TTD. Would you recommend it for that as well? I am looking forward to cruising around one day while there and taking in the small town flavor.
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by GroomsArePeopleToo
              I'm gonna jump in here and say I find PM a great TTD/Day After location. I know the town and shot Wendy's session there. If you know where to go there are some real hidden treasures.
              Yes, for sure TTD in PM!! Andrew's right, there really are some sweet spots. We went to all kinds of places on all sides of town and got some amazing shots out of it. Since you're bringing your photog with you, he/she should definitely scope out the town ahead of time to find the gems.

#9037 murmel

murmel
              • Resort/Area Ambassadors
              • 1,407 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
              • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:27 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by beaz2be
              oooh, care to share any suggestions? I'd love to branch out. We're really into Chilean wines these days (Malbecs mostly).

Thanks for the info on this ladies. One question about swim ups... since most of the pools close at like 6pm (I think that's the case anyways) are you able to use the outside jacuzzi &/or little pool section outside your room AFTER those regular hours?

Am I totally wrong that the pools close like that? If so please set me straight.
              The pool rules...I didn't see any posted and don't think there will be any issues should you choose to swim late. We used our hottub plenty in the evening watching the moon, sipping a drink and listening to the live music from the adult bar.

Wines....Ooooo.....so many. Mexican wines: (we had a ton to try while in Mexico, but unfortunately can't get many here) Try L.A. Cetto Nebbiolo Reserva Privada (if you can find it), or any of the Shiraz's L.A. Cetto produce.
              A couple of other current favorites:
              De Bortoli Windy Peak Pinot Noir (Australian or New Zealand).
              Sandalford Shiraz (Austraila)
              Trapiche Malbec (Argentina)
              Always love to try new ones! :)

Quote:
              Originally Posted by amcferron
              Question about rooms:

My requirements for rooms when i travel to the beach generally are to be as close to the beach as possible and to not be on the ground floor. From what i can tell, the only truly oceanfront rooms are the honeymoon suites.....Also, it seems the "premium" rooms are back behind the pool. I had ruled out the swim ups b/c i normally like to be up to see the sea good.

Currently we are just booked in the luxury jacuzzi oceanview (b/c it is off gorund floor and as close to beach as possible). my TA (which i have used for years) says she thinks this room suites me best b/c of my previous travel choices, but you all have me wondering if i should just do a swim-up
              Do you mind me asking which company you are renting your car through? I read some horror stories about the rental car companies at the Cancun airport and would like to hear your experience if you've rented from there in the past.
              We rented from Excellence Car rental. We had them pick us up at the resort, then got the rental car. Once we returned it, they also drove us back to the resort, no extra charge. We were driven to the Cancun office, about 20 minutes away. They were very helpful, even if the car was a bit older...but at least I wasn't worried about people breaking into the car. Plus their rates INCLUDE insurance, additional driver and 'get out of trouble' card (basically it's a card they give to tourists, so in case you get pulled over, the cop is suppose to just give you a warning and let you off the hook- but you do have to ask for the card!) I drive standard, and most of the cars seemed to be standards, so in case you need an automatic make sure to request it.
              Excellence Car Rental
              Welcome! And don't worry you'll start to learn really quickly :)

Quote:
              Originally Posted by chong
              That's so funny that nobody wants to have the reception on the beach. that's where we are having the reception. we are very excited about the beach!!!
              We are thinking about doing our wedding reception at the beach BBQ area. :)

Also have to tell you girls, my FI 'kidnapped' me yesterday for a Surprise Day. We both worked an early shift and then we got into the car and drove for about 2 hours! Well we checked into a lovely hotel, and went out for a great dinner. And then he lead me to a concert...to my surprise it was...Sting! (And I love Sting!) We sat in the 11th row, as Sting performed with the London Philharmonic Orchestra! Hee hee I love Surprise Day!

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#9038 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
              • 1,029 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:08 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Mahalo79
                YAH! I know it is a great feeling to get the date confirmed!!!

Quote:
                Wow...this video is awesome. unfortunately i am a handicap when it comes to makeup. i thought it would be easy when i watched the video for the first 10 mins and then i got overwhelmed with the eyes... so complicated. i am determined to try it myself to see if i look like a bride but i am not too optimistic... thanks for the link!

That's so funny that nobody wants to have the reception on the beach. that's where we are having the reception. we are very excited about the beach!!!!!
                I know I got to the eyes and I was like WHOA, I was intimidated as well but I think I am going to go get some cheap make-up versions of the eyeshadows and just practice. I also watched her Katy Perry/Megan Fox Pinup girl. That look really appealed to me!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LMMDC
                Tried to PM you but wouldnt go through. Would you mind sharing the pictures with me too?!? Thanks!
                email me at
                The pool rules...I didn't see any posted and don't think there will be any issues should you choose to swim late. We used our hottub plenty in the evening watching the moon, sipping a drink and listening to the live music from the adult bar.

We are thinking about doing our wedding reception at the beach BBQ area. :)

Also have to tell you girls, my FI 'kidnapped' me yesterday for a Surprise Day. We both worked an early shift and then we got into the car and drove for about 2 hours! Well we checked into a lovely hotel, and went out for a great dinner. And then he lead me to a concert...to my surprise it was...Sting! (And I love Sting!) We sat in the 11th row, as Sting performed with the London Philharmonic Orchestra! Hee hee I love Surprise Day!
                Good Man!!!!!
                Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#9039 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
                • 821 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:32 AM

Quote:
                  OOo winos?! YAY, meeee tooo.... ok I love Malbec, I also LOVE Spanish wine, specifically Tempranillo, mmm so delish!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
                  Wow...this video is awesome. unfortunately i am a handicap when it comes to makeup. i thought it would be easy when i watched the video for the first 10 mins and then i got overwhelmed with the eyes... so complicated. i am determined to try it myself to see if i look like a bride but i am not too optimistic... thanks for the link!

i wish i had the long relationship with my hair dresser. i've been moving around every since i was a little girl so i never had a steady hair dresser. i am so ready for a good one to stay with :)

I love it. I never made an inspiration board. I love your peacock idea!!!
                  Yes, the video is great!!! Thanks AMy!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the inspiration boards...they are beautiful!

#9040 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
                  • 4,512 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:07 AM

Another list update! I've added LMMDC. She's a year from today!!!! Woot!!

Anyone else who needs to be added or removed PLEASE PM ME!!! Thanks!

July 2010
                    meghan - July 1, 2010
                    Meesh – July 10, 2009
                    momichele – July 24, 2010
                    Daniepps – July 31, 2010
                    August 2010
                    September 2010

Lecreatifbride - Sept 4, 2010
                    October 2010
                    amandamarieb – October 10, 2010
                    chong – October 10, 2010
                    November 2010