• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#8951 chong

chong
  • 360 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:44 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz
    Mine was yesterday! Turning 29...on a MONDAY! OUCH! haha I really did have a great day though!
    Happy belated birthday!
    I am tempted to do that but I don't think I can do makeup well enough to pull it off.

I am considering getting the LOMAS person to come in but its like $500 on their website. Is that stupid of me to do? thoughts?

PS my FI told me today that he hated the color combo I have been doing. Thanks love for this tidbit that would have been helpful when i showed you the color board 2 months ago! I luckily haven't done much but did have everything envisioned a specific way and got samples of invites and stuff like that.
    I am definitely doing my hair at the salon with a trial run done here in Houston. For the make-up... I saw $168 for makeup and it includes a trial run. I am not getting bridal package because 1) too expensive 2) I hear the suite only allows 3 people at a time. so you can't have anyone else but maybe your bridesmaids or mom.

#8952 chong

chong
    • 360 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

msmarmar...
      your sig picture...what kind of dog is it? never seen one like it before :)

#8953 msmarmar123

msmarmar123
      • 747 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:00 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by chong
        msmarmar...
        your sig picture...what kind of dog is it? never seen one like it before :)
        He's a Bug :) (Part Bostyon Terrier/Part Pug). He was a rescue last year..about 4.5. This was his "profile" pic on the rescue site...I saw it and fell in love with him..knew he had to be mine :)
        His name is Baby Grinchmas (Baby..cause that's what he came with...and he looks so much like the Grinch). Actually his full name is Baby Grinchmas Theodore Pugglehead....we call call him Baby G
        Love Him :)

#8954 msmarmar123

msmarmar123
        • 747 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:03 PM

Quote:

I am definitely doing my hair at the salon with a trial run done here in Houston. For the make-up... I saw $168 for makeup and it includes a trial run. I am not getting bridal package because 1) too expensive 2) I hear the suite only allows 3 people at a time. so you can't have anyone else but maybe your bridesmaids or mom.
          How many people do you have with you that you would want in the room? I will only have 3 bridesmaids (hopefully...maybe even only 2..1 is iffy) and my mom.

I really only want them helping me get ready...and I figure if I wanted a couple other people to join me...I'm the bride...they can't get mad at me :)

#8955 dakotaAZ

dakotaAZ
          • 23 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:26 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by murmel
            I agree. I thought it would be much more expensive, but when we totalled up what we were getting, it became a great price to bring our photographer with us. He will be doing photos at our welcome cocktail party, the wedding and then trash the dress! So excited :)

And I'm a junior member!
            Thats awesome, ours is doing pretty much the same thing, she will also go golfing and deep sea fishing with the guys (well her or her assistant).....Bringing one was definitely the way to go!

#8956 mmc1105

mmc1105
            • 173 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:28 AM

MsMarmar baby g is too cute!

I was thinking of doing my own make-up too, thanks for all the tips!
              Alexander & Marci - May 6, 2011

#8957 mmc1105

mmc1105
              • 173 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:37 AM

Quote:
                And I'm a junior member!
                Congrats!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by gingerlover36
                PS my FI told me today that he hated the color combo I have been doing. Thanks love for this tidbit that would have been helpful when i showed you the color board 2 months ago! I luckily haven't done much but did have everything envisioned a specific way and got samples of invites and stuff like that.
                LOL this is something my FI would do... Hope it didn't set you back too much

Anyone else who needs to be added or removed PLEASE PM ME!!!
                Thanks!
                I sent you a PM!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by KittenHeart
                A friend of mine attending the wedding happened to be my hairstylist and she did my trial and hair style for free.

I did my own makeup, got a lesson and bought stuff from Bobbi Brown and loved it. I cried like a baby and nothing moved, all night long, everything stayed in place.
                Your make up looked flawless!! I'll definitely be asking you for tips as the day gets closer!
                Alexander & Marci - May 6, 2011

#8958 dstinationdrmr

dstinationdrmr
                • 309 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:41 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mahalo79
                  Hello Ladies! Well, I just wanted to say hello and say that I am waiting for our date confirmation at Azul Sensatori, then it will finally be official and I'm so excited! I am so happy to be able to talk to other brides from A.S. My date would be April 25, 2011.
                  I am still having trouble with mine...Chong..how did you finally get it to not say invalid?
                  Lol! What kind of dog is that?

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KittenHeart
                  The WC onsite give you the web address when you meet them onsite. Just know that the chances of it actually working is about 10%. My mom was the only one out of everyone I gave it to that actually got through to the webcam and you can't hear anything on it, it's not the greatest quality.
                  I don't know who was asking about Tiffany or what the story was behind her, but she was my WC and she was dumb as F***.
                  I don't know her but this made me laugh
                  YAY YAY YAY!!!
                  PPS - It's my birthday today and I just looked at my profile thing on the side and my age has changed. BOO! haha
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz
                  Mine was yesterday! Turning 29...on a MONDAY! OUCH! haha I really did have a great day though!
                  A friend of a friend just got back from the resort last week and said the food is great. She did say the drinks were watered down though but that shouldn't be a problem at an all-inclusive. You can just ask for an extra shot on the side or something.
                  Quote:
                  We visited in April and the food was amazing! As for the drinks, I didn't find them watered down at all. Plus I was thrilled they make Caesars! (really a Canadian thing...) And the Mojiotos at the Mojioto bar are super yummy :) Never did try the house wines though...we rather ordered bottles or did the wine parring at Le Clique. The resort by far had the best food at an all inclusive I have been to so far. That was one of the main reasons we picked the Sensatori, since FI is a former chef and food is really important to him.
                  Thanks Ladies! I know we've heard nothing but good things about everything including the food but I'm having those dreams where something goes wrong in the kitchen and my guests have to eat Cheetos and dumb stuff like that. Just trying to ease my mind a little more.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by gingerlover36
                  What are/were your colors?

#8959 dstinationdrmr

dstinationdrmr
                  • 309 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:36 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MaggieandJay
                    I can't do my own make-up to save my life. If I tried to do fancy makeup I would probably come out looking like a $2 hooker
                    He's a Bug :) (Part Bostyon Terrier/Part Pug). He was a rescue last year..about 4.5. This was his "profile" pic on the rescue site...I saw it and fell in love with him..knew he had to be mine :)
                    His name is Baby Grinchmas (Baby..cause that's what he came with...and he looks so much like the Grinch). Actually his full name is Baby Grinchmas Theodore Pugglehead....we call call him Baby G
                    Guess I should have read completely before I asked (didn't want my multiquote to be too long). He's cute. My FI wants a Pug and I'm not a big fan (of Pugs and most animals in general) but your dog is cuter. I have fallen in love with my BM's American Bulldog. Love him to death and think one may convert me into a dog lover....we'll see! LMAO at his name too!! Very creative...and long. Everyone thinks my FI's name is Theodore because his nickname is Theo.

#8960 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
                    • 1,029 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:50 AM

Quote:
                      Where do you go in Houston?

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by msmarmar123
                      HE IS adorable!!!! I have 2 furbabies myself!
                      Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users