Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19268 replies to this topic

#8601 chong

chong
  • Jr. Member
  • 360 posts

    Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:16 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaggieandJay
    Sorry to hear that girl
    Hey ladies,

    I'm not going to quote the message about the lanterns because I have no idea what page it's on, but here's some more info on that and Zavaz Plaza.

    I had the pink paper lanterns, like mentioned above they charged a $50 cash set up fee to place everything including hanging the lanterns. I think I bought 8 small, 8 medium, 4 large and 2 extra large. They didn't use all of them. The extra large ones were placed around Zavaz Plaza near palm trees on the ground. It actually looked nice.
    I LOVE your pictures. Did you guys meet before the wedding ceremony to take some pictures? We are planning to do that also. Where did you guys meet? How did it work out?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msmarmar123
    Just sent it over :)
    Thanks. The packages look so much better!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amandamarieb
    Thanks for sharing. I've only had Carolina for a couple of days but she is already leaps and bounds better than Tiffany.

    Yes we should meet while there. I'll be there Tues-Tues than FI and I are coming back and going to wine country fora few days while my moms watches our son. I think we are also going to get legally married in wine country while we are there, assuming the court house will provide witnesses for us.

    Thanks for that but nor sure I am really that on top of everything. There's still a lot to do. My next projects are finalizing our monogram, OOT bags, pre-travel brochures, creating jewelry for bridesmaids and making custom table runners.

    But beyond that still so much to do...write ceremony, music, dress fittings, buy FI's ring, oh boy I am freaking myself out.
    I didn't get to talk to Carolina yet. We were suppose to talk on Friday but she has to cancel it for some reason. I am glad to hear that she is better than Tiffany.

    I am very excited to meet you in person!!! As the time gets closer, I guess we need to plan a meeting at the resort.

    OH man... don't get me started on the list. I fill like it's a never ending list. I am so behind but a good thing is I am not that picky :) I am glad that we are both struggling to get to the finish line! I will be your motivator and you can be mine!

    Chong

    #8602 chong

    chong
    • Jr. Member
    • 360 posts

      Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:20 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by MaggieandJay
      GOOD LUCK! I went to a HUGE Bridal Extrvaganza today and survived!
      How was it? Was it worth the trip? I was always debating on going to that but never could make myself to go. Let me know how it was and maybe I will change my mind.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by KittenHeart
      Welcome back Chong!!!

      Amanda, thank you for reminding me, I'm going to stick your stuff in the mail now. Congrats on getting so much done, I love Santey Alley!

      I'm heading over to Target, Banana Repbulic and J Crew today. I always think, what if Amanda is at the mall and I run into her! :)
      Thanks - good to be back. Can you also share your pre-travel brochure with me too? Or any tips? I did started on it but there are just too much information. thanks!
      Chong

      #8603 MaggieandJay

      MaggieandJay
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,029 posts

        Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by chong
        How was it? Was it worth the trip? I was always debating on going to that but never could make myself to go. Let me know how it was and maybe I will change my mind.

        Chong
        Here is the link for the Houston Thread http://bestdestinati....-brides-57310/

        I would say the only reason worth going is to register for prizes. One of them was a 4day 3 night trip to Azul Sensatori Which i would love to win for a scouting trip..LOL. Everyone I know who has gone has won something. With that said. My jeweler was there so I got to show my FMIL the wedding band I want and I got some great coupons for the dress shops in Houston. I didn't pay for the tickets because I got them thru work. So It was worth it!
        Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

        #8604 MaggieandJay

        MaggieandJay
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,029 posts

          Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by amandamarieb
          AH! And here you come to my rescue! Thanks!!!

          It's just that I am 3 months and 3 days out and really hate to waste my energy educating another WC on what the one I had before should have already known. But then again it was Tiffany and she was so slow to respond and certainly didn't have her stuff together. Here's hoping Carolina will be a gem. :) Fingers crossed.
          Quick Question ladies and forgive me if it has already been answered. Is Tiffany no longer with them? Not that is a big deal because we haven't gotten that far with her yet but she was our initial WC.
          Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

          #8605 taylorwd

          taylorwd
          • Member
          • 932 posts

            Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by amandamarieb
            Ok ladies!!! Just wanted to share that I feel like I am finally getting things done.

            FI got his suit and 2 of the 4 groomsmen have as well.

            Almost everyone is booked...I think we are at 56 so just 10 or so to go!

            We got the groomsmen's ties today at Santey Alley in downtown LA for $6 each and they are perfect match for the BM gowns! Both in metallic sage. Yay!

            I also got my dad's suit today. In fact 3 piece suit, shirt, tie, belt and socks for $100. A real steal! If any of you ladies are in SoCal Santey Alley is where it's at.

            As some of you might already know, besides my full time jobs as bride to be and mommy to a beautiful almost 1 year old baby boy (whimper...i can't believe he's going to be 1!) I am a publicist by profession. One of my clients, ShoeDazzle.com (an online styling service which suggests shoes, handbags and accessories for you based on your fashion profile. you select one per month and it's shipped to you for $39.95 per month. it's a lot of fun) well anyway, i got my monthly selection and, gasp, I think i might be wearing my $40 shoes for the wedding. It's hilarious but hey, again, saving money and they give me like 4.5 inches and so far seem pretty comfortable. here's hoping. i've only walked around my apt in them so might have to give them a longer trial run. :)

            Also, I am getting a custom monogram made from a gal on etsy. She sent me 9 options today! 9! And they are al pretty great so I just need to figure out which one we like and go from there. I think I might ask for more than one in hi-res so I can use them for different things. If I can figure out how to post them I will. I would love all of your feedback.

            And those of you who told me about Carolina...you are right. She's pretty amazing.

            So if I can get my pre-wedding brochures done this weekend, I will feel really accomplished.

            Sorry for my rant. I just worked out and now I can cross that all of my list. Feels good. I hope this can continue. :)
            You go girl!!

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by MaggieandJay
            Sorry to hear that girl
            Today my mom, sister (MOH) and I are heading down across the border to go dress shopping for the first time! EEEE (kinda excited). The prices down there are usually better than up here and I'm only 40 minutes from the Bellingham border so I figured it would be a good way to start. Wish me luck!
            GOOD LUCK!!! I miss the feeling of putting on dresses.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by amandamarieb
            They are doing handbags and jewelry sets now too. The jewelry is actualy really great. Thinking I might get ShoeDazzle gift cards for my BM. because even when they aren't right on, it is a lot of fun.
            Oooooh that's a really great gift!

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by MaggieandJay
            GOOD LUCK! I went to a HUGE Bridal Extrvaganza today and survived!
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by MaggieandJay
            I would say the only reason worth going is to register for prizes. One of them was a 4day 3 night trip to Azul Sensatori Which i would love to win for a scouting trip..LOL. Everyone I know who has gone has won something. With that said. My jeweler was there so I got to show my FMIL the wedding band I want and I got some great coupons for the dress shops in Houston. I didn't pay for the tickets because I got them thru work. So It was worth it!
            Agreed, go for the prizes! The same extravaganza comes to Austin as well. It's very overwhelming but there is a TON of awesome food, cake, and cupcake samples. We won a weekend out on Lake Travis at a really nice resort. We also won a huge grand prize, a 7 day Florida vacation, but sadly we had already left when they announced us. Our friends told us about it and we were sooooooo bummed!

            #8606 chong

            chong
            • Jr. Member
            • 360 posts

              Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:15 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by MaggieandJay
              Quick Question ladies and forgive me if it has already been answered. Is Tiffany no longer with them? Not that is a big deal because we haven't gotten that far with her yet but she was our initial WC.
              Yep. That's what I hear. It shouldn't be a problem.

              #8607 msmarmar123

              msmarmar123
              • Member
              • 747 posts

                Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

                My Save the Dates came yesterday...does anyone think it is too soon to send them out? My mom thinks it is too early..but I think the earlier the better...it gives people longer to save and plan, right?

                #8608 msmarmar123

                msmarmar123
                • Member
                • 747 posts

                  Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

                  And another question How long are/did you stay in Mexico for your wedding? We are planning 14 days...7 for wedding and family and friends...7 just for us....did all of you stay in just 1 resort? Or did you go to a different place? We are thinking of maybe going to Cozumel for the second week...but still totally up in the air....

                  #8609 taylorwd

                  taylorwd
                  • Member
                  • 932 posts

                    Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:30 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by msmarmar123
                    And another question How long are/did you stay in Mexico for your wedding? We are planning 14 days...7 for wedding and family and friends...7 just for us....did all of you stay in just 1 resort? Or did you go to a different place? We are thinking of maybe going to Cozumel for the second week...but still totally up in the air....
                    We stayed 10 days the whole time at AB. Our wedding was Saturday and everyone left by Monday evening. So by the time everyone left, we only had 3 fulls days to ourselves at the resort. That was definitely NOT enough time. If I had to do it over again I would tack on more honeymoon time.

                    We considered changing resorts but I'm so glad we didn't for a couple different reasons: 1) Everyone knew us at the resort and treated us like gold because they'd either seen our wedding, knew about it, or actually helped with it. We wouldn't have gotten the same treatment at a new resort. 2) The last thing we would have wanted to do after the wedding was pack everything up and move. 3) Once the guests left we felt like we really got to enjoy the resort. Had we changed to somewhere else, I would have felt like I didn't get the full experience at AB.

                    That said, this decision did come with complications. The main one was that we requested everyone leave the resort by a certain date so we could have some honeymoon time. Not everyone liked that! We let people come as early as they wanted so they wouldn't feel like they were gypped on resort time, and some even got there before us, but we still had some people who were upset.

                    #8610 amybermuda

                    amybermuda
                    • Member
                    • 870 posts

                      Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by taylorwd
                      We stayed 10 days the whole time at AB. Our wedding was Saturday and everyone left by Monday evening. So by the time everyone left, we only had 3 fulls days to ourselves at the resort. That was definitely NOT enough time. If I had to do it over again I would tack on more honeymoon time.

                      We considered changing resorts but I'm so glad we didn't for a couple different reasons: 1) Everyone knew us at the resort and treated us like gold because they'd either seen our wedding, knew about it, or actually helped with it. We wouldn't have gotten the same treatment at a new resort. 2) The last thing we would have wanted to do after the wedding was pack everything up and move. 3) Once the guests left we felt like we really got to enjoy the resort. Had we changed to somewhere else, I would have felt like I didn't get the full experience at AB.

                      That said, this decision did come with complications. The main one was that we requested everyone leave the resort by a certain date so we could have some honeymoon time. Not everyone liked that! We let people come as early as they wanted so they wouldn't feel like they were gypped on resort time, and some even got there before us, but we still had some people who were upset.
                      I agree with Wendy on staying a week longer. We stayed one extra night and it was a let down to come home 3 days after getting married. We are honeymooning (in Mexico again - haha) in August but I wish we would have done it right after the wedding. I did not think I would need to be on vacation another week after 8 nights at AB, but its still your wedding and its a lot of work!




                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users